Thread: Sub Demo

• I found my Prince!

Sub Demo

Mostly this is just an FYI so ya know they are working on it!
    I wish I had more info or at least maybe some pics, but I thought I'd let everyone know that the sub lagoon is now under demolition. I work for the company working on the project. If I can get any details, or just any cool info I'll be sure to let ya'll know!

• Banned User

Re: Sub Demo

Ok! Thanx for the notice

What kind of "demolition"?

• I found my Prince!

hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to the guys actually doing it tomorrow, but unfortunatly my job includes a desk and computer to which I'm stuck at all day...but to give you some insight-my company deals with cutting and drilling concrete as well as working with bobcats and backhoes...so its pretty much how it sounds..DEMO. We most likely won't be working on much of the actual building of Nemo.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

What is there left to demolish?

• time to go

Read Al's update from today:

"In the section of the lagoon directly underneath the curving beamway (illustrated below) a new island will soon be under construction. This new island, a rocky outcrop near the middle of the lagoon, will actually be an additional show building that the submarines will pass through before they get to the waterfall and the main show building that will contain most of the rides special effects. But this new, smaller show building disguised as an island is important to the plotline of the new ride as this is where Mr. Ray introduces himself and lays out the concept that fish can actually talk.

This small building will house the first of the digital projection systems that will be used heavily inside the main show building, and it will be about the only physical change to the submarine lagoon itself, except for a buoy in the water across from the Matterhorn that will have three animatronic seagulls on it shouting 'Mine! Mine! Mine!' at each passing sub."

There you go.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by PixiePrincess
    Mostly this is just an FYI so ya know they are working on it!
    I wish I had more info or at least maybe some pics, but I thought I'd let everyone know that the sub lagoon is now under demolition. I work for the company working on the project. If I can get any details, or just any cool info I'll be sure to let ya'll know!
    FYI: Just make sure you get explicit permission from an executive at your company to post about it in a public forum first, since you already blew it and said where you work. (Not by name, but Disney already knows the names of all the contractors working on that job. With that list, the rest is easy.)

I hate to be the meanie that needs to point it out but unless you have relatives running the company you are expendable. (And even then they might be given the ultimatum "She's fired or the contract is cancelled - and go read that 'Penalty Clause' section again.") You have to give them a courtesy two week notice, your company can terminate anyone they like effective 10 minutes ago.

For future reference, don't say how you know or where you got the info. Or even better, drop Al a private note and let HIM break the news in his next column - and then they can't trace it back. Well, they might be able to figure out how it got leaked, but they can't prove anything - and that's what counts.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1