Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Kingdom for an Elsa dress to have a happy daughter

Like I am sure many of you are searching for, I too am looking for an Elsa dress from the Disney Store of Disneyland for my daughter. I am at Disneyland for the next week trying to be one of the lucky few to get one at the boutique but who knows if that will work. I thought that I should post up here that I am looking for a 14-16 (girls, 8 year old) sized Elsa dress for my daughter. I will meet you, contact you, pay for it and postage, anything to get a bit of help either if you happen to know how to get one or if you happen to visit the boutique this week at rope drop and they have one. I will try to be there as early in the morning as possible as well.
    Last edited by sucho23; 07-12-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Re: My Kingdom for an Elsa dress to have a happy daughter

Have you tried Target? I've seen some Frozen dresses there on occasion.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Another source is to look at Cosplay costumes. They have kids versions on ebay. Just be sure to type cosplay into the search title.

You could also go directly to the websites. We order a Anna costume for my daughter from cosplaysky and it was perfect - absolutely amazing.

If you are not familiar with cosplay costumes, they are costumes that are handmade to be very authentic and an almost exact replica.

I think this may be especially helpful since you are looking for such a large size. The Cosplay costumes can be made to order to your daughters exact measurements.

• Queen Elsa

If you do go on ebay just becareful on what u get of Frozen. I have seen alot of counterfides of Frozen stuff on there from dolls to plusses to dresses. You can tell real eacy if it is fake by the way the dress is made from what Disney sales or the likes of Target. Another words don't get anything Frozen from the list that saids China that is where most of the fake stuff that I see on ebay is coming from.

•   
    • Minion

On Etsy, there are a lot of costume makers who can do an Elsa -inspired dress for your daughter. Here are two I found, to start. They both do custom dresses, so you can get something especially tailored and sewn for your daughter, which might solve any issues about finding a larger size.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1915661...?ref=related-1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1868565...?ref=related-0
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• i believe in faeries.

have you checked ebay? i bit the bullet and ordered one off there... although overpriced (obviously) it was a legit disney store elsa dress, and seeing her face when she opened the box was worth every penny.

• And Dad was my hero.

Another vote for etsy. There are some incredible seamstresses on there that far surpass the workmanship and materials of the Disney Store/Disney Parks quality, for about the same price.
    “You know, I have the strangest feeling I've seen that ship before... a long time ago, when I was very young.” ―George Darling

It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

If you do go with cosplay, understand that they all come from China. In China you can get really good fabrics and amazing seamstresses for a reasonable price. A good cosplay dress will cost between $80 and $200, depending on the costume you are getting, but will be a very well made replica.

My daughter's Anna costume is an amazing replica. She went to meet the Anna and Elsa at DL and many cast members and guests were talking about it.

Most of the cosplay Elsa costumes seem to run from $80 to $180.

Here are some cosplay sites:
    cosplaysky
    cosplayhouse
    ezcosplay

Here is a picture of my daughter meeting Anna and Elsa in her cosplay dress:
    Name:  Emma with Anna and Elsa.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  52.3 KB

• 2013-14 Premium APer

I would also have to recommend the custom aspect rather than just buy yet another Disney Princess dress.

My little one has several already...her mother is a master seamstress and technical costumer. And if her mother weren't too busy with her business creating custom garments and doing alterations for others, she'd have a Frozen dress. Actually back when the film was released she was approached by a lady who wanted a custom dress, she wanted it EXACTLY like the movie, but when told that would run in the 3-500 range, she balked. My wife could have done it...Also, this is not an ad for my wife's business - she's way too busy to take more projects right now.

I will check into the cosplay sites when we return. Day 1 at Disneyland was a bust on finding a Disney one. I have a feeling that will be the case all week so thank you for the information on the custom, cosplay route.

Quote Originally Posted by sucho23 View Post
    I will check into the cosplay sites when we return. Day 1 at Disneyland was a bust on finding a Disney one. I have a feeling that will be the case all week so thank you for the information on the custom, cosplay route.
    Don't totally give up on finding one at the parks yet. They get stuff in everyday. I would keep checking. You never know. We have passes and go quite a bit. The last time we were there, about 2 or 3 weeks ago, they had them in. Once they come in, they sell out very fast (in a matter of days). They could get some more in this week. Cross your fingers and keep checking.

From what I've seen, kids are just as happy with the cheaper versions. If they do have any at Target, WalMart, etc., I would get it from there, if I were you. Kids grow out of things fast. Unless they're runty like my 5 year old niece, who can still fit some 24 month stuff. Lol

I don't think the Elsa dresses go up to that size. You can get one made. https://www.facebook.com/ohsewsweetd...type=3&theater

•   
    • Minion

It's a good point about the sizes. I checked some of the other dresses on the Disney Store website and it appears that they only go to size 10. So getting something custom made might be your very best bet, yes.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

The Disney parks versions do go larger than the dresses in the Disneystore. The park's largest size is about a size 14, so it may work for her. When my daughter was 12, she bought the rapunzel costume in the largest size, and it was little too big for her. Now she was a small 12 year old, but still, it had a fair amount of room to grow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast