Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

• I'm not really here

Re: NoS/33 changes? (Merged Discussion)

No, this is a lie. There can be no more work done... they opened on the 18th! This is clearly photoshop nonsense.

</sarcasm>

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    No, this is a lie. There can be no more work done... they opened on the 18th! This is clearly photoshop nonsense.

</sarcasm>

seems the internet was up in arms about nothing, for the last week its been a little silly considering the photos from last week clearly showed an unfinished project. One thing I've learned over the years is even when something has their official opening, it no way means the final product is done.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    seems the internet was up in arms about nothing, for the last week its been a little silly considering the photos from last week clearly showed an unfinished project. One thing I've learned over the years is even when something has their official opening, it no way means the final product is done.
    So many projects have gone this way. Opened, and then final touches take place over days or weeks. It happens. And this was so obviously one of those situations it's crazy anyone assumed they were just going to leave it like that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Chief Troublemaker

OK, so I panicked and thought, OMG NOS has been ruined! And now Disney is putting on 'final touches'. I'm glad (except for the off-center window).

But I think it speaks to people's general loss of faith. It used to be that we would have looked at 'before' and not thought a thing because we KNEW Disney would 'tidy it up' to beautiful standards. Now, we just aren't so sure.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    But I think it speaks to people's general loss of faith. It used to be that we would have looked at 'before' and not thought a thing because we KNEW Disney would 'tidy it up' to beautiful standards. Now, we just aren't so sure.
    What I want to know is what caused this sudden "not sure." Because in 59 years Disney has never not put on the finishing touches. They have never left something unfinished. So why, in the course of one set of photos, did people decide Disney wasn't going to finish this? What lead to this very sudden onset of fear?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Blame it on the internet/smart phones. It happened 5 minutes ago, and we know about it already.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    What I want to know is what caused this sudden "not sure." Because in 59 years Disney has never not put on the finishing touches. They have never left something unfinished. So why, in the course of one set of photos, did people decide Disney wasn't going to finish this? What lead to this very sudden onset of fear?
    Blame Light Magic. Poor APs thought they had a final product.

May i request before and after comparison pics with (as close to possible) same angles. Mainly before shots of the location where they cut those buildings' balcony and the big windows are at and maybe from top of the stairs of the old CoA.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Pox-worthy since 1973

So, what does the Old Entrance look like currently, just out of curiosity?

"You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to."

Robin Williams
    July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PhonyKingOfEngland View Post
    So, what does the Old Entrance look like currently, just out of curiosity?
    Just like it did before, but without a door knob.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Originally Posted by bfdf55The last time i was at a Club 33 EVENT, I was totally unsatisfied with the food. If it weren't for the people at the event, it would have been a total waste.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Hmm... We loved EVERY last morsel of our meals there... I don't think anything was left on either of our plates or in our glasses... Maybe they catered in or something for the event vs. having the chef make the food?
    I do understand BFDF... Club Events food is often set up by "Special Events" and not the club. They also do the service. So, unless it is certain events, food may not have been done by club staff/chefs.

That said, for those that are concerned about the club losing connection with Walt, I didn't see it. The artwork is amazing. The fact that they are bringing stuff from archives excites a lot of people. The phone booth is in a fun location. Photo ops available. The vulture is all set up. The specialized art in the booths is incredible. The piano is great. I can't wait til Sherman has a concert and they bring it in. There are tidbits all around of Walt. I found it to be great. And while the lift did bother me at first, I do like that they incorporated it, and it is nice that it is being used. I would hate if it was just taking up space and unable to be used in any sense.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516