Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

NoS/33 changes? (Merged Discussion)

I am STUNNED by the silence on the Club 33 redo as the first pics of how it looks like from the ground come in. We have just witnessed, this week, the DESTRTUCTION of one of the greatest themed lands in theme park history. In fact, a land that set the standard for everything else. We now have MASSSIVE cruise ship style windows, off center windows, random candles in alcoves, a window that looks like.........A FACE right above Café Orleans. I cannot believe just no one is talking about how DL has finally PO'ed as much as WDW and that basically Kim Irvine needs to be banned from any and ALL WDI projects. From the Dream Suite, to the Market House redo, putting the characters in Small World, to Club 33, she is the female Tom Fitzgerald now and we've had enough of her. And no more WDW execs running DL so they can simply treat it as MK IE destroy all history to squeeze more money. It truly is horrendous what's happened to Walt's "Last Land".

• And Dad was my hero.

Re: Why no outrage over NoS/33 changes?

Haven't been following that closely since we are not members but I went searching after I saw you posted this.

It is pretty unattractive yes, but to me, it not the size nor the possible face (took me a minute to figure that one out but I do see it now), it is the offset window.

It is quite obvious and really sad. I mean, wow. Did they not hire a decent contractor to do it? The lack of symmetry is just sort of unbelievable. How could they mess something so simple up? That is embarrassing. Also, it most definitely needs a paint job. I mean first the contractor should be fired and have the window redone but... Then it needs a paint job.

I don't understand the "random candles in alcoves" comment though. Link?
    “You know, I have the strangest feeling I've seen that ship before... a long time ago, when I was very young.” ―George Darling

It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

• Done with MC.

I think most of us are waiting for its completion before passing judgement.
    But some pics would help us get started.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Because MiceChat has become more about liking whatever Disney does than offering any critique.

• Chief Troublemaker

I'm assuming that ugly bare window over Cafe New Orleans has to do with C33 members getting a good view of F!. From what I remember of the area, there won't be trees blocking the view, & also why there is no grille-work/balcony over that window. I agree, it looks stark and bare and wrong. The other 'new windows' also look bare and it seems as if the paint on all the new windows doesn't match the rest of NOS. I keep hoping they aren't 'quite done' and finish paintwork/balconies/grille-work is still forthcoming. I, too, don't remember random candles, unless it's the pictures of lighting fixtures inside that you've misinterpreted? Pics would be nice.

I think that, at this point, it's a combination of 'wait and see, maybe they aren't done yet' and 'what cannot be cured must be endured'. There were plenty of ranty threads when all the re-do started beginning way back when the closure of the CoA was just a rumor. For me, I think that it's just that Disney is gonna do what they're gonna do. Or rather 'has done what they said they would'. I'll be disappointed if they don't 'finish the job' as they should, and will complain to all and sundry that it looks really bad, but with the realization that I may as well keep my breath to cool my porridge.

Now, maybe if C33 members complain about how unfinished the outside looks……...
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Because MiceChat has become more about liking whatever Disney does than offering any critique.
    Exactly. How can anybody like this? Courtesy Andy Castro's Twitter feed:

Name:  nos7.jpg
Views: 2511
Size:  94.5 KB
    Last edited by Disneymike; 07-13-2014 at 07:47 AM.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Today's tragedy is tomorrow's triumph. In a year or so when they fix it, Mary Niven will be hailed as the hero of Disneyland who "really get's it" and was able to move mountains to preserve Walt's vision etc etc.

Unless of course they don't fix it, in which case it will just be yesterday's news... just like Starbucks, and Small World, and the Disney Gallery and the Fantasyland Theater and the temporary bag checking tents and so on and so forth. None of these have any real impact on the guests going to the park, and as time progresses and the outrage doesn't manifest in anything, usually MiceChat will just pretend it never happened.

• Minion

C33 is supposed to be hidden and secretive. Those giant windows contradict that immensely.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think that, at this point, it's a combination of 'wait and see, maybe they aren't done yet' and 'what cannot be cured must be endured'. There were plenty of ranty threads when all the re-do started beginning way back when the closure of the CoA was just a rumor. For me, I think that it's just that Disney is gonna do what they're gonna do. Or rather 'has done what they said they would'. I'll be disappointed if they don't 'finish the job' as they should, and will complain to all and sundry that it looks really bad, but with the realization that I may as well keep my breath to cool my porridge.
    This is what I would have said if I could use words better.

There is a point where outrage is just wasted. There's a difference between looking at the windows and saying they're ugly and being outraged about them to the point of anger. If you are outraged at something occurring at Disneyland, I'm pretty sure you are missing the point of Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Pics... post some pics...
    From Andy Castro's Twitter feed:

Name:  nos5.jpg
Views: 2451
Size:  146.1 KB
    Name:  nos3.jpg
Views: 2447
Size:  105.3 KB
    Name:  nos4.jpg
Views: 2443
Size:  42.9 KB

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Exactly. How can anybody like this:

Name:  nos7.jpg
Views: 2511
Size:  94.5 KB
    Is that the new bridge to the grand salon? If so, they sure put some HUGE windows in.

• And Dad was my hero.

from disneylandclub33.com:

Le Grand Salon Constructions Screens Down

“You know, I have the strangest feeling I've seen that ship before... a long time ago, when I was very young.” ―George Darling

It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

• Disneyland Dreamer

The walled over window in the hallway where the items for sale used to be does indeed look out of place, and those enormous windows do too. I have to agree with the OP.

I also agree with the person who said it isn't hidden or secret as a result. You never noticed anybody on the second story before, but now, it will be on display for the world to see.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    This is what I would have said if I could use words better.

There is a point where outrage is just wasted. There's a difference between looking at the windows and saying they're ugly and being outraged about them to the point of anger. If you are outraged at something occurring at Disneyland, I'm pretty sure you are missing the point of Disneyland.
    Why can't one be outraged at what they are doing to the charm of NOS? If your attitude is "Oh well" then Disney has got you.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast