Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Do you actually want to experience Club 33?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I do feel that everyone needs to treat themself to what they think, are the finer things in life, from time to time. All work, and no play, might make you dull, or end your life too early.
    I agree. Its unfortunate its becoming so hard to do so. I am taking a mini-vacation to San Diego this fall, (was originally going to be Disney) and even without going to the attractions like the zoo and sea world, still gonna run 1,200 for hotels, food, and rental car and I am staying at the cheapest hotel that came up on expedia...

Life is just becoming to expensive in general I think.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Everyone should have a little fun in their life as well. Of course not everything that is fun has to cost money.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Everyone should have a little fun in their life as well. Of course not everything that is fun has to cost money.
    True but around here it does. Small town living doesn't lead to fun...lol

Deleting post -- TMI. I suppose I should pucker up and hope some kind Club 33 member will extend me an invite.
    Last edited by Bobbee; 07-23-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Smile Re: Do you actually want to experience Club 33?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbee View Post
    I come from a blue collar town in Idaho, raised as the daughter of a union man factory worker. Even if I could afford Club 33 now as an adult, I am a blue collar snob and would not care to associate with that highfalutin bunch
    Well, I'm a retired spook, and don't mind associating with anyone who's not trying to kill me.

Seriously though, it really is not something I aspire to. We are going to do an anniversary dinner at Napa Rose, I figure that is good enough. Besides, isn't it the same chef who runs both restaurants?
    If so, he's a pretty good sprinter, as they're quite a ways distant. Just watch out for chefspeak on the NR menu; last time I looked it featured $45 Rock Dove, which is, you know, pigeon.

I kinda disagree though that small town living doesn't lead to any fun, perhaps it depends on where that small town is. We lived near Grand Teton and Yellowstone and spent many a wonderful summers hiking and camping.
    There are some basic differences. You accidentally hit a deer while driving in California, the deer flies apart. You hit a moose in Yellowstone, your car flies apart.

That is also what is so great about living in California now, the beaches, mountains and Disneyland all within an hours drive. Doesn't get better than that.
    Indeed you can find them a few steps apart in DCA.

Anyway what's to fret about C33 [or, as I'm inclined to nickname this completely new version, "Club 34"]? Don't like it, don't pay the bucks/don't go there. Like it, pay the bucks/go there. It isn't as though there aren't
    one or two other places to eat around the Park!
    ______
    Rachane

I would like to dine there, if it were in a price range similar to the Blue Bayou and no longer an exclusive club. Not that there is anything wrong with people who enjoy it's exclusivity, It's just that exclusivity isn't worth that price to me. If someone offered to take me, I wouldn't say no, but I'm also not upset or feel like I'm "missing out" if I never experience it.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbee View Post
    I kinda disagree though that small town living doesn't lead to any fun, perhaps it depends on where that small town is. We lived near Grand Teton and Yellowstone and spent many a wonderful summers hiking and camping. That is also what is so great about living in California now, the beaches, mountains and Disneyland all within an hours drive. Doesn't get better than that.
    I am in a former logging town, turned bedroom community for Vancouver, its just a boring town if your not into outdoor sports like mountain climbing, mountain biking and the such.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    I would like to dine there, if it were in a price range similar to the Blue Bayou and no longer an exclusive club. Not that there is anything wrong with people who enjoy it's exclusivity, It's just that exclusivity isn't worth that price to me. If someone offered to take me, I wouldn't say no, but I'm also not upset or feel like I'm "missing out" if I never experience it.
    Pretty much same here. If it were open to the public, I'd almost certainly give it a shot, and if I felt it was worth the cost, I'd dine there every time I visit DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post

Well, I'm a retired spook, and don't mind associating with anyone who's not trying to kill me.

If so, he's a pretty good sprinter, as they're quite a ways distant. Just watch out for chefspeak on the NR menu; last time I looked it featured $45 Rock Dove, which is, you know, pigeon.

There are some basic differences. You accidentally hit a deer while driving in California, the deer flies apart. You hit a moose in Yellowstone, your car flies apart.

Indeed you can find them a few steps apart in DCA.

Anyway what's to fret about C33 [or, as I'm inclined to nickname this completely new version, "Club 34"]? Don't like it, don't pay the bucks/don't go there. Like it, pay the bucks/go there. It isn't as though there aren't
    one or two other places to eat around the Park!
    Chef Andrew Sutton is now in charge of Club 33's menu. It appears he will "oversee and develop menus" for both. So while he will not be the guy literally cooking up the grub (like most executive chefs), he will be in charge of the menu at both Napa Rose and Club 33. I believe he is also in charge of Carthay Circle's menu. Apparently some of the Club 33 members threw a wee-bit of a hissy fit over him being in charge of all 3 restaurant menus, as they feel it diminishes their exclusivity.

I have never hit either a deer or a moose as of yet, though one little porcupine along the Columbia Gorge is no more because of me.
    Last edited by Bobbee; 07-20-2014 at 10:49 PM.

I have learned to accept the fact that things are going to change. It is not important that I like them or dislike them.

I have been fortunate enough to experience things that younger folks have not been able to experience: Sky Buckets, People Mover, America Sings, Indian Village, Original Submarine adventure and many others. I was very young but I have memories and I have some photos. I value those memories and wish that the younger folks who experience DL for their first time now appreciate their experiences as much as I did mine.

I have never been to Club 33 and probably, never will. But I am looking at life with a "glass half full" attitude. There will be experiences in the future that I will never get to see. Oh well. The fun I have and the fun I have had is just fine for me. That is what Disneyland is all about for me.

• Done with MC.

The main reason I wanted to visit C33 was because of Walt and Lillian's hand in it. Now, it's just another restaurant to us and I have no desire what so ever to dine there.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Wow... so much disinterest post-renovation. Maybe that will help with relaxing the days out that members can book for non-accompanied guests... I'd sure love to go every opportunity I could afford to and arrange child-care for.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Wow... so much disinterest post-renovation. Maybe that will help with relaxing the days out that members can book for non-accompanied guests... I'd sure love to go every opportunity I could afford to and arrange child-care for.
    THIS!

@whoever, You almost make me want to make a reservation there for you just because of this post alone.

THANK YOU.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by vnormth View Post
    THIS!

@whoever, You almost make me want to make a reservation there for you just because of this post alone.

THANK YOU.
    I agree.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    The main reason I wanted to visit C33 was because of Walt and Lillian's hand in it. Now, it's just another restaurant to us and I have no desire what so ever to dine there.
    You are saying you can't see Walt and Lillian's hand in it, and you haven't been? I did this past weekend, and there is PLENTY of Walt there. Love that they actually have the Vulture working now. Alfred is quite nice.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast