Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Do you actually want to experience Club 33?

I'd go if someone else is paying. But if I had to pay I have no interest, I am not into spending money, I am extremely frugal and outside of necessities hate spending money, which is also a reason I skip going to the park altogether now, the return just isn't worth the price.

Not saying its not a good experience, I am sure it is, its just for me money can be more wisely spent.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    I'd go if someone else is paying. But if I had to pay I have no interest, I am not into spending money, I am extremely frugal and outside of necessities hate spending money, which is also a reason I skip going to the park altogether now, the return just isn't worth the price.

Not saying its not a good experience, I am sure it is, its just for me money can be more wisely spent.
    I'm beyond frugal. There's a few things I don't really scrimp on though. Vacations, my kids, and hobbies. I'm rolling around in a 15 year old vehicle because to me, its transportation... if I spent on my vehicle what I did on vacations and hobbies, I'd be driving some European Luxury brand.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    I'm beyond frugal. There's a few things I don't really scrimp on though. Vacations, my kids, and hobbies. I'm rolling around in a 15 year old vehicle because to me, its transportation... if I spent on my vehicle what I did on vacations and hobbies, I'd be driving some European Luxury brand.
    I don't even have a car, only because gas is 5.70 or so a gallon and insurance is sky high and has to be bought from a government company so no competition and high prices.

I do travel, just refocused my travel on other things and sites, theme parks have just become too pricey and I like to take a yearly trip somewhere, and so had to eliminate theme parks for now, but if I still lived in California, I'd go to the parks far more often, just can't use my only week off each year to the same place.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    That's the difference between cheap and frugal. My car is 10yo, but would be older if someone hadn't totaled the older car. My hobbies revolve around Disney and the Giants. Luckily I have siblings who are Gotham clubbers. So, spending a few bucks on great food is my main vice....
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

What's the point of a subtle secret treehouse when Disney's decided to re-spell subtlety like this?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• world class bilge rat

I have no interest at all, mainly because I have no use for anything that's exclusive or elitist.

If it were open to the public, I'd be more inclined to try it out, but as it is, no.

•   
    • Minion

In terms of "money better spent," I guess that's a personal matter for each individual to decide. I personally would never spend that much on a meal, but for someone who is a foodie or really relishes dining experiences, it might be a very easy decision for them to go to 33. Neither of us has to be wrong for the other to be right.

I don't have a car (I can't drive)), I have a smart phone that is basic (ie, not an expensive iPhone), I don't have cable, etc. I choose to funnel my money toward other things that mean more to me personally, such as my Disney AP, concerts, traveling, etc. Someone else might have a different set of priorities.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    In terms of "money better spent," I guess that's a personal matter for each individual to decide. I personally would never spend that much on a meal, but for someone who is a foodie or really relishes dining experiences, it might be a very easy decision for them to go to 33. Neither of us has to be wrong for the other to be right.

I don't have a car (I can't drive)), I have a smart phone that is basic (ie, not an expensive iPhone), I don't have cable, etc. I choose to funnel my money toward other things that mean more to me personally, such as my Disney AP, concerts, traveling, etc. Someone else might have a different set of priorities.
    Very true and correct. For us it mostly boils down to our income just covers the necessities in life so we have to be cheap with where the money is spent, if I had the money, I would certainly like to venture to try luxuries like good food places...

• i believe in faeries.

Yes. I would love the opportunity to go there. Absolutely.

I am lucky enough to have been invited, and if I ever had the chance to dine there again I would jump at the opportunity.

To me, it is worth the cost and I felt like it was worth every penny. In fact, I had saved some money my grandfather gave me years ago in order to buy something special. Being able to have him pay for some of the meal was a great way to have him "there" with us too.There are things that others do that I wouldn't spend money on myself - maid service, car washes, window cleaning just to name a couple. They just aren't my cup of tea, but C33 certainly is!

Not too excited about the idea... I'd like to walk through out of curiosity
    But I've heard from too many who were not that impressed with the food in either 33 or Bayou.
    Steakhouse 55 was ok... it may depend on what is ordered...

I'd rather be out in the parks walking around
    Sitting for a long time eating, just not interested, esp in restaurants where so often the feature of chatting with friends (for me I guess the focus is not the food but the socializing, prefer a home get-together with us all cooking and chatting) is impossible because the music is so loud.

for a vip experience, I'd rather a behind the scenes kind of tour...

• Minion

I never really cared about it. I would rather be out and about in the park.

I'd love to go for the experience! Disneyland is just so nostalgic to me that I love learning and reading just about anything Disney. I browsed forums and just recently decided to join this one in another post, I wrote how I would love to go there at least once in my life. Growing up, Disneyland was a once a year treat. The worst feeling ever was leaving and waiting until next year to go back. This year, I was able to afford an annual pass and I love spending days there with my boyfriend and his son. When I was little, I was so jealous of people eating at the blue bayou. I felt so happy when I was able to save up enough to enjoy a meal there. The food wasn't anything special, but the experience of finally being able to wave to the people on the boat than the other way around was awesome.

So I'd totally fork out $150 from my savings for a once in a lifetime treat like dinner at club 33

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I used to yearn to go to experience it for its historic value. Even though they have changed it a lot, I would still like to experience it with my husband once in my life. I don't have those types of connections though so it is unlikely.

• I am number 4 of 999

In a word? No.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast