Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Re: Do you actually want to experience Club 33?

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    You do realize that the average individual can afford C33...Its a value proposition that the average person chooses to NOT spend $ on though.
    All depends on how you define average I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Most average people I know can't afford $130 + on a meal, much less a $25K initiation fee or $11K per year in annual dues. The median yearly income in California is about $51K and in many areas of CA, particularly around Los Angeles, it's a lot less than that. In many parts of LA County, the initiation fees for 33 alone are more than a person makes in a year.

So while I don't criticize anyone who joins 33 - their money, their choice - I don't think it's fair to think that the membership is in any way something that is attainable by the "average individual." The average individual who earns more than 100K per year, perhaps, but considering that the median US income is 50K and 30% of the country has a household income of 35K or less...what is affordable to them isn't affordable to most.
    I agree and I think those who are saying an average person can afford it, are quite likely above average income wise and not really middle class nor average.

33 per day is more then I pay for rent per day.

• I'm not really here

Sad that the chateaubriand is off the menu. Yes, they are serving filet (same cut), but oooh that sauce was so good...
    This saddens me as well. That was my favorite item on the menu. Sauce was to die for. It may come back if enough people ask about it. Seriously, just talking about it makes my mouth water.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I think its cool that it exists and obviously many people want to experience it and im sure its something to experience. I personally don't care. Thats just me. If I was for some reason offered an opportunity to go I certainly would, but I have no interest in pursuing to do so on my own.
    Last edited by moderator; 07-19-2014 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Adult language censored by automatic filter - against MiceChat rules/FAQ to try and include.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I used to have a desire to dine at Club 33 years ago. However, as the years rolled by, my interest began to wane. As of today, I have zero desire to go there, especially after seeing what the renovation looks like.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    All depends on how you define average I suppose.
    OK, I'll clarify... average professional who lives frugally and carries little to no consumer debt....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I consider my husband and I average, but at our age, I'm sorry to say we do have more bills than I'd like.

Club 33 is nothing that I'd care to belong to, or even visit. My priorities for our money go elsewhere.

• Chief Troublemaker

OK, I'll clarify... average professional who lives frugally and carries little to no consumer debt....

$33.00/day works out to $1003.00/month. Technically, we could afford the yearly dues by setting that much aside monthly without significantly lowering our standard of living, but leisure plans would take a big hit. I'd do it in a heartbeat but DH, not being a Disneyphile, would balk at it, even after I told him "Honey, there's BEER there!!!". I think for most middle class people that would be a large chunk of disposable income diverted from other leisure/vacation activities, new car purchases, etc.

It's the $30,000.00 (IIRC) up front initiation fee that most 'middle class' people probably would have a bit of difficulty coming up with without taking a bit of a hit in savings or incurring a large debt. Of course, that can also be planned for and set aside.

It comes down to 'value for dollar'. Husband aside, for me as a non-local, as much as I'd love it & 'technically' could afford it, the cost would cut into the travel money to actually get there and be able to use that membership. If I were 'local', say even a 3-4 hour drive I could probably visit often enough to make it worthwhile for me.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Deleted.
    Last edited by jsmith11618; 07-20-2014 at 09:29 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I used to have a desire to dine at Club 33 years ago. However, as the years rolled by, my interest began to wane. As of today, I have zero desire to go there, especially after seeing what the renovation looks like.
    I feel the same way.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    $33.00/day works out to $1003.00/month. Technically, we could afford the yearly dues by setting that much aside monthly without significantly lowering our standard of living, but leisure plans would take a big hit. I'd do it in a heartbeat but DH, not being a Disneyphile, would balk at it, even after I told him "Honey, there's BEER there!!!". I think for most middle class people that would be a large chunk of disposable income diverted from other leisure/vacation activities, new car purchases, etc.

It's the $30,000.00 (IIRC) up front initiation fee that most 'middle class' people probably would have a bit of difficulty coming up with without taking a bit of a hit in savings or incurring a large debt. Of course, that can also be planned for and set aside.

It comes down to 'value for dollar'. Husband aside, for me as a non-local, as much as I'd love it & 'technically' could afford it, the cost would cut into the travel money to actually get there and be able to use that membership. If I were 'local', say even a 3-4 hour drive I could probably visit often enough to make it worthwhile for me.
    I feel the same way... Being a single income family with three ever increasing pocket emptiers...that would make $ really tight for anything but essentials....

That's a good chunk of my 401k contribution... who wants to retire anyway...I'll live in C33 till they kick me out

• Chief Troublemaker

I feel the same way... Being a single income family with three ever increasing pocket emptiers...that would make $ really tight for anything but essentials....

That's a good chunk of my 401k contribution... who wants to retire anyway...I'll live in C33 till they kick me out
    Ha! I'm retired. When do you think they'll let me move in? "Only $30,000 down, then $1000.00/month for the retirement home of your dreams. Food extra!!!" Hmmmm, wonder if I can sell DH using that strategy.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Ha! I'm retired. When do you think they'll let me move in? "Only $30,000 down, then $1000.00/month for the retirement home of your dreams. Food extra!!!" Hmmmm, wonder if I can sell DH using that strategy.
    See.. its spinnable... two years of not funding the 401k = downpayment and half of a year of dues.... retirement is overrated anyway

At-least you make enough on 1 income to contribute to a 401k....lol... We have 2 incomes, and it only covers the basic essentials like housing, food, and transportation, and such...

I figure if I win the lotto, I can retire, if not work til I die.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband is two years away from retirement. Or is that two years past when he should have retired? I forget. Then again, he says even if he does retire, he won't ever retire. Makes my head spin, sometimes.

I do feel that everyone needs to treat themself to what they think, are the finer things in life, from time to time. All work, and no play, might make you dull, or end your life too early.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast