Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• The doctor is in

Do you actually want to experience Club 33?

While reading through the thread about the structural changes in NOS and expansion of 33 I started thinking... do I really want to experience Club 33 someday? Or is it something I just feel like I should experience?

I have read reviews on it and seen people's feedback and reactions to going in there and while it all sounds great, is it even worth it? I am a huge Disney fan and by all means that should be something I should have on my bucket list and I should want to go in that club. However, I just don't.
    Something about the hassle to try and get in and the overall cost just doesn't sound worth it. I would much rather go into Blue Bayou and have a great lunch or dinner, make out for less than $50 a person, and continue on with my day without having to walk around the park in business casual or formal attire. Not to mention my expectation and perception of Club 33 is very high. If it didn't meet or exceed my expectations then I would just be disappointed.

What about you guys who have never been? Is it something you actually want or do you just feel like as a Disney fan it's something you should?
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Do you actually want to experience Club 33?

I can't wait to go back. I'm a person who's at home in more formal attire (if your clothes are uncomfortable, they don't fit or are of poor quality of material IMHO). I don't feel that it detracts from my park going experience whatsoever. As far as the cost, we were $150/head on the dot after tax/tip. You can easily spend that or more at Napa for similar fare... AND you aren't eating and drinking (they make generous pours) inside Disneyland.

For me, I'd be a member if I could afford it. As I can't justify such an expense, but CAN justify a meal there, I'll continue to seek to dine there as permitted.

• Selfie Expert

No one should feel like it SHOULD be on their bucket list. Everyone has different preferences and enjoys the parks for different reasons.

I, for example, do not enjoy Blue Bayou. However, going to Club 33 has been one of the best experiences in my life and I hope to be able to have the opportunity to go again.

I'm sure there are some people who don't even have a desire to go to Disneyland. To each his/her own!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm sure there are some people who don't even have a desire to go to Disneyland. To each his/her own!
    It baffles the mind....

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    It baffles the mind....
    I'm not saying those are people anyone should be friends with... but they do exist. Hehe

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Minion

Since 33 serves shellfish I couldn't go even if I were invited. I am not a huge fan of fancy food or dressing up, so I don't think it is something I'd enjoy. If I had extra money of that sort I would be inclined to spend it on something like indoor skydiving or a trip than a meal.

I'd love to walk around and SEE 33 but I have no interest in eating there.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    While reading through the thread about the structural changes in NOS and expansion of 33 I started thinking... do I really want to experience Club 33 someday? Or is it something I just feel like I should experience?

I have read reviews on it and seen people's feedback and reactions to going in there and while it all sounds great, is it even worth it? I am a huge Disney fan and by all means that should be something I should have on my bucket list and I should want to go in that club. However, I just don't.
    Something about the hassle to try and get in and the overall cost just doesn't sound worth it. I would much rather go into Blue Bayou and have a great lunch or dinner, make out for less than $50 a person, and continue on with my day without having to walk around the park in business casual or formal attire. Not to mention my expectation and perception of Club 33 is very high. If it didn't meet or exceed my expectations then I would just be disappointed.

What about you guys who have never been? Is it something you actually want or do you just feel like as a Disney fan it's something you should?
    I've been twice to dine in Club 33 with friends. Enjoyed both experiences. Went in very grateful for the opportunity and left feeling like I was walking on cloud 9.

When I go watch a movie with high expectations, 9 times outta 10 I leave disappointed. Just sayin'

My neighbor has a membership and has offered to arrange for us to go. I keep debating whether I want to fork out the money for it or not. A part of me wants to go, partly just to say the I have been. But another part of me knows we will spend in excess of $400 (there are four of us in our family) and I know the food isn't that great. While we can afford our passes and are able to live comfortably in SoCal, we do not have a great amount of disposable income and coming up with that money isn't super easy.

I think we will eventually go. I think the curiosity is just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm not saying those are people anyone should be friends with... but they do exist. Hehe
    My sister in law is one of these people. She truly believes that all big corporations are evil and hates any kind of commercialization. She and my husband's brother have vowed never to take their son to Disney. It's so sad.

Needless to say, we are polar opposites on this view and its one we often have to tip toe around. We love Disney and go all the time. They hate Disney and vow to never go. Gish.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

For me, I would love to experience Club 33! But it's not something I HAVE to do or will cry over if I never get to experience it. If I ever get the chance, then hey, that's great! If not, then that's okay too because the whole reason I even came to Disneyland was to experience Disneyland, not for a club! There are some people out there that make it their life mission to get into Club 33, and in my opinion, it's a bit silly. You came for the Parks, stay for the Parks! Club 33 should be viewed as the cherry on top of your Disneyland experience, I say! Be happy you're at Disneyland!

In my opinion, it shouldn't be a hassle! It should really be one of those things that if it happens, it happens! People shouldn't actively try to seek an invite because in the end, they'll probably end up being disappointed. But, if you are ever fortunate enough to get into Club 33, I'd say don't worry about the bill! It's a once in a lifetime experience; it's okay to live a little! Opportunities like these, I think it's okay to spend a little more than you would normally. Trust me, this is coming from a frugal person (my family thinks I'm 'cheap' when really, I'm just the type of person who doesn't like to spend money unnecessarily)! It's all about the experience! I hope that changes your perspective a bit!

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    For me, I would love to experience Club 33! But it's not something I HAVE to do or will cry over if I never get to experience it. If I ever get the chance, then hey, that's great! If not, then that's okay too because the whole reason I even came to Disneyland was to experience Disneyland, not for a club! There are some people out there that make it their life mission to get into Club 33, and in my opinion, it's a bit silly. You came for the Parks, stay for the Parks! Club 33 should be viewed as the cherry on top of your Disneyland experience, I say! Be happy you're at Disneyland!

In my opinion, it shouldn't be a hassle! It should really be one of those things that if it happens, it happens! People shouldn't actively try to seek an invite because in the end, they'll probably end up being disappointed. But, if you are ever fortunate enough to get into Club 33, I'd say don't worry about the bill! It's a once in a lifetime experience; it's okay to live a little! Opportunities like these, I think it's okay to spend a little more than you would normally. Trust me, this is coming from a frugal person (my family thinks I'm 'cheap' when really, I'm just the type of person who doesn't like to spend money unnecessarily)! It's all about the experience! I hope that changes your perspective a bit!
    Agreed!

No desire at all. If I was a billionaire I could not spend $150 on a single meal and feel good about. Just the way I am.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by mlggator View Post
    But another part of me knows we will spend in excess of $400 (there are four of us in our family) and I know the food isn't that great.
    The food was exceptional.

My sister in law is one of these people. She truly believes that all big corporations are evil and hates any kind of commercialization. She and my husband's brother have vowed never to take their son to Disney. It's so sad.
    Sounds like she lives in the wrong country

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mlggator View Post
    But another part of me knows we will spend in excess of $400 (there are four of us in our family) and I know the food isn't that great.
    I have never had a bad meal there.

For me, I can't fork over the $50-80 a person it can cost to eat dinner at Blue Bayou, as the food was not great. I am one of the few that never needs to eat there again. But everyone is different.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

I would much rather go into Blue Bayou and have a great lunch or dinner, make out for less than $50 a person, and continue on with my day without having to walk around the park in business casual or formal attire.
    One of my kids' favorite things to do? Ride Splash after dining at the Club. We always have to get their dressed up pics on the flume. My son loves walking through the park in a suit.

And like Whoever mentioned, good business casual or formal wear shouldn't be uncomfortable.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Singing Drinker

Thinking about it... not really?

It's nothing personal against the food, the service, the locale, what have you.

I compare it to the experience I had at the old Vineyard Room back when it was still boasting a fairly high-end experience (the meal price points were similar, at least).

It was... amazing but not Disney? I totally get that for other people 33 and other exclusive experiences ARE Disney, and I have a massive blind spot that extends to VIP experiences at every other park. I think that's the point though... I just didn't feel comfortable in my little private aerie sipping wine as the MSEP... DCAMSEP... Zombie Electric parade rolled through below. I can't see sitting above the assembled throngs of NOS making me any happier.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast