Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: So... the pics of the main dinning room of C33 are out....

The new shot of the floor is lovely. I'd like to see a shot looking straight down so I could see the squares clearly. The parquet edges are beautiful. I like that 'rug look' in wooden floors.

I'm assuming that Westsider's post is tongue in cheek. There's no way they would leave primer/spackle spots, cut railing, and the other misc unfinished carpentry & paint details undone.

I live in a 120 yr old house and our fireplace & mantle is 'off-center' to the hearth. There really are ways to minimize the 'look' & most people don't even notice. BUT since WE know it's off-center………

Disney will probably have a way to 'disguise' it, but we'll still know.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

The changes overall, I can care less about. I ate their before they renovation (Thanks to some very kind friends!) about two years ago.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    The changes overall, I can care less about..
    How much less?

Being in the construction industry I'd bet, "this ain't the finished product"!
    Love the interior!
    Last edited by poohscorner; 07-15-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    No, no, NO. I'm afraid you are mistaken.

This is the finished product. Club 33 is now done and New Orleans Square is completely finished. There will be no shutters or window coverings or signage or street furniture or house numbers or props or landscaping or décor or further aging/graining of the paint.

Internet Rule #248 - Because photos are now available online from the last Dateline Disneyland update that means the park project is officially finished and complete. No exceptions.

Also, the normal review process WDI and their TDA "clients" undertake for the first six months after a project is completed where they tweak and adjust and correct anything that didn't quite work has now been cancelled, because photos of the unfinished work were already posted online.

No further work will be authorized on this part of the park for at least a decade. TDA ran out of money just as this balcony rounded the corner, but this will just have to do...
    Attachment 37285

Now that this photo has been posted online after being taken a few days ago, this new walkway and window treatment will not be aged and grained by painters, no window dressings will be used, and no further accessories will be applied to the bright blue inset on the wall that obviously hasn't been aged and grained yet. (However, you are welcome to be outraged at this unfinished product.)
    Attachment 37287

This change to Walt Disney's Museumland also won't be touched. It's too late for anything else, because photos have been posted online. All workers that were supposed to finish this have now been sent home without pay.
    Attachment 37288

Now that the truth is out and we all can see that the work on New Orleans Square is finished, all we have left to do is wait for them to start work on Tomorrowland.

Omg!!! To the point, you my dear Sir/Madame have made me laugh and made my day'!!
    Now on with the 'finishing touches!!

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Sorry, that is reserved for the new Titanium level of membership only. It requires an upper and lower human extremity as well as a first born son. Payable to Dr. Facilier at his Voodoo shop now relocated to TDA.
    Otherwise known as Michael Colglazer......
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    Private except for the couple thousand members (and all their free passes).
    Or 558 members, depending on how accurate and non-inflammatory you want to be.

• Closed Account

So is Club 33 and by extension, the CoA, still be featured on A Walk In Walt's Footsteps?

Quote Originally Posted by vnormth View Post
    What is your source for that number?

• Selfie Expert

At first sight, I thought the floor might be a little busy, but the second photo really shows off it's beauty. I think with the finishing touches, table cloths, table settings, lighting... it could be stunning. I do wish they kept the fire place.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

This is the finished product. Club 33 is now done and New Orleans Square is completely finished. There will be no shutters or window coverings or signage or street furniture or house numbers or props or landscaping or décor or further aging/graining of the paint.

Internet Rule #248 - Because photos are now available online from the last Dateline Disneyland update that means the park project is officially finished and complete. No exceptions.

Also, the normal review process WDI and their TDA "clients" undertake for the first six months after a project is completed where they tweak and adjust and correct anything that didn't quite work has now been cancelled, because photos of the unfinished work were already posted online.

No further work will be authorized on this part of the park for at least a decade. TDA ran out of money just as this balcony rounded the corner, but this will just have to do...
    Attachment 37285

Now that this photo has been posted online after being taken a few days ago, this new walkway and window treatment will not be aged and grained by painters, no window dressings will be used, and no further accessories will be applied to the bright blue inset on the wall that obviously hasn't been aged and grained yet. (However, you are welcome to be outraged at this unfinished product.)
    Attachment 37287

This change to Walt Disney's Museumland also won't be touched. It's too late for anything else, because photos have been posted online. All workers that were supposed to finish this have now been sent home without pay.
    Attachment 37288

Now that the truth is out and we all can see that the work on New Orleans Square is finished, all we have left to do is wait for them to start work on Tomorrowland.
    If they weren't done yet, then they shouldn't have taken the tarps down for the guests to see. Besides, I thought Disney was all about their "show," because this is bad show imho.

I question why the new window is even needed in the first place. But imagine if it looked like this:

AS For the FLOOR:
    I know this is very un-Disney like to say, but I found charm in how that old floor was worn where people walked on it the most. I love when grass is trampled because you can tell where people took shortcuts. Or when old telephone poles are littered with staples from old ads .that represents the range of human height. These are the traces of us, human beings, and I love it.

Attachment 37285

Attachment 37287

Attachment 37288

I see where you are coming from, but the basic structure of this contains some fundamental flaws: The use of seemingly standard, mass produced windows, the off center window, the numerous elements that seem out-of-scale, especially with one-another... How does the saying go> You can't put lipstick on a pig?

• "Always On The Move..."

Showed the before and after pictures to someone who has been numerous times. I thought they caught the difference perfectly. The original dining room had that "old style, exclusive Gentleman's Club" look, while the new style (which they did like) is much more "light, open, and airy" but not as dark and exclusive looking. Just a whole different feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Quote Originally Posted by vnormth View Post
    They may have had that many members originally, but it is well above that now.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast