Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: If you owned Disneyland...

I've always said I'd like to see a DCA dream suite. I think up on Grizzly peak. A cabin on the side with views into both the Grizzly peak area as well as looking down on Carthay out the other side... Style it as either a fire lookout, or as a ranger cabin perhaps...

I would gather up every homeless/neglected dog and cat I could find and let them live there.

If I owned the Disneyland Resort I would just implement Phase II at Disney California Adventure.

Not a unique idea obviously, but I'm really happy with the current state of the resort. I've been to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris and they're awesome, but DLR is even better in my opinion.

Oh, and I'd reverse everything they did with Club 33 and keep New Orleans Square how it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    I would gather up every homeless/neglected dog and cat I could find and let them live there.
    Since dog and cats don't get along that well I think you might need to use DL for one and CA for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Adventure View Post
    If I owned the Disneyland Resort I would just implement Phase II at Disney California Adventure.

Not a unique idea obviously, but I'm really happy with the current state of the resort. I've been to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris and they're awesome, but DLR is even better in my opinion.

Oh, and I'd reverse everything they did with Club 33 and keep New Orleans Square how it was.
    Yes I agree!! I believe dca just need to be finished now!

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    I've always said I'd like to see a DCA dream suite. I think up on Grizzly peak. A cabin on the side with views into both the Grizzly peak area as well as looking down on Carthay out the other side... Style it as either a fire lookout, or as a ranger cabin perhaps...
    Thats actually a really neat idea!! Maybe if the turned condor flats into grizzly peak, it could work nicely!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    Since dog and cats don't get along that well I think you might need to use DL for one and CA for the other.
    Ha ha! Some dogs and cats do get along, but I totally understand your point. Okay, let's keep the cats in Disneyland and dogs in DCA (since feral cats are already in the original park).

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by figge411 View Post
    If you owned Disneyland, what would you change? Disney parks are theme parks that are always changing. If you could change any operation, build any land, make any ride. What would you do? Leave in the comments below, what your perfect version of Disneyland would be!! All idea are welcome! Let's not judge what others think may be awesome!
    If I owned Disneyland I would fire the first person who brought into my office some of these suggestions, The person who would get fired would be one of the VP'S. The reason they would get fired is because if they let a bad idea get so far up the food chain, that would mean they are not doing there job.

One suggestion someone said was to bring back natures wonderland, and take down BTRR. In reality that is a stupid idea. working for me, stupid is not going to cut it.

I would have a cost benefit study on every idea that did make it to my desk. Some ideas sound like they might work, but all that is a idea, I would need to ask the question. by removing a ride, will the replacement be better and make more money for me that the old ride.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Just because you own something doesn't mean you have to use it to make money.

But if you want to go down that road the first step is removing all the rides so all you have left are meet and greets, much less energy usage than a nasty old ride... then fire the CMs and replace them with mannequins because what 4 year old will know the difference between a man in a Pooh suit vs a mannequin in a Pooh suit... never allow anyone to bring in any drinks or cameras, now you have to buy my overpriced drinks and use my automated photo kiosks that will photograph you with a mannequin, I mean character... Oh, and the one thing that will be free is popcorn. Lots of very salty free popcorn everywhere so that you get desperate for water and have to buy my water bottles... And after you've had that over priced water have I got a deal for you, bathrooms for only 5 dollars a visit.

So yeah you could do a lot if money were your only goal, but it wouldn't be a place you would want to go to more than once... but hey with the population what it is I think I could still make a business work with only visitors going one time only.
    Watching the bottom line does not you do not spend any money and then gut the things that have made you successful in the past. Any good owner knows that you need to spend money to make more money.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    Oh my gosh ME TOO!!!

1. The FIRST thing I would change is CROWDS!!! I'd hire a team of experts on "Crowd Control", that would be my priority. I'd get rid of the SoCal Select and only keep two, the (now gone) So-Cal and Premium. I would take out the monthly payment plans for the So Cal AP. Less crowds would make the park way more enjoyable for EVERYONE.

2. I'd bring back The Court of Angels - it was a beautiful place to see and I miss it.

3. Open one vegan eatery, just one and a small one. There's lots of vegetarian/vegans out there and it's a challenge to find vegan food once inside the parks. I've eaten hundreds of vegan burgers at Carnation Café but I can't eat one more....lol

Oh and this one may (will) anger lots of people but I would do away with the horse carriage. I don't like to see the horses out there working in awful heat and I don't care that people say they're treated better than prisoners (yes someone told me that) but animals don't have a choice.

Other than that I love Disneyland and DCA!!!
    Last edited by Charly871; 07-17-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    Watching the bottom line does not you do not spend any money and then gut the things that have made you successful in the past. Any good owner knows that you need to spend money to make more money.
    Really depends on how long you are looking into the future. Sadly I've seen and worked at many companies that because the CEO has a big bonus based on 3 year results that will pretty much sacrifice the future so they get their bonus and then leave the mess for the next person that follows them. In fact I would say some of the folks that have run Disney have used that same strategy.

• Minion

As far as a resort-wide change I'd eliminate the 1-park tickets, and make all tickets park-hopper tickets.

Right now the people paying the most per day are the ones that get punished the most by having to pay more for a park-hopper ticket. For one day they have to pay $54 extra to make it a park hopper. For 2 days through 5 days they only have to pay $39 extra - and that's only one $39 charge, not for each day.

At the very least they should knock that $54 charge down to $39 to be in line with the other tickets. But frankly I think they should just eliminate the park hopper upcharge completely, and let you into both parks for the base price for all tickets.

Then they could add attractions that connect the parks together, such as a Monorail station, PeopleMover station or Skyway station in both parks.

• Singing Drinker

Really depends on how long you are looking into the future. Sadly I've seen and worked at many companies that because the CEO has a big bonus based on 3 year results that will pretty much sacrifice the future so they get their bonus and then leave the mess for the next person that follows them. In fact I would say some of the folks that have run Disney have used that same strategy.
    That's more or less an indictment of the general course of major business strategy in the last several decades - a few major movements in the business community (Harvard MBA the biggest offender IMO) decided that they could push the 'normal' business pattern of long term growth decisions over short term profits aside if they could instill a culture of constant job hopping. Thus the escalation of payscales (you know the boss is going to jump, you just paid a pretty penny, you pay more in hopes he... whoops, didn't work that time either), the offbooks benefits radically inflating what CEO and similar levels get to historic highs, that sort of thing.

It's really easy if you can sell people on the idea that making money now means always making money in the future - moreso when you know you won't be in house when it all comes down. Maximum profit for minimal risk.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Former Churro Jockey

Boy, there would be a million and one things I'd want to do. I guess were all pretending that money is no object in this scenario...

1. Dramatically increase salary for frontline CM's. At the very least, it should be a little bit above In N Out and Starbucks. Also, decrease pay for executives and require that they visit the parks at least once every quarter, and that executives in charge of foods must actually eat at least one meal in each restaurant in the parks per year. Also build a giant CM parking lot on the corner of Ball and Harbor (apparently Disney owns a piece of property there) and eliminate the CM parking lot on Haster and Katella.

2. Build a TTC style (Ticket & Transportation Center from Walt Disney World) cental hub for the parks where the normal bus drop off areas are now. Build extra guest parking lots everywhere we can, and connect them all via People Mover.

3. Close Disneyland for a month or so (and announce the closure a minimum of 18 months in advance, which is further out then anyone is able to purchase an airline ticket) and give it a complete facelift, including upgrading every ride to have the best and most advanced audio systems, animatronics, and ride systems.

4. Completely re-do Tomorrowland (obviously)

5. Demolish Toontown and create a villains land

6. Blow up Innoventions like an old Las Vegas style hotel demolition and charge people $50 to come and watch (and one of them will win the oppertuntiy to push the button).

7. Build a 3rd park called Disney Studios, and create each land based on a movie franchise, with Hollywood Blvd as Main St. Lands would include: Tootown, Star Wars, Marvel, Avatar, and Pirates. Remove Jack Sparrow from the OG Pirates at Disneyland and keep that but create a new Pirates of the Caribbean ride based on the movies for this new pirates land.

8. Demolish Hollywoodland except for ToT, and Paradise Pier except for Screamin and Toy Story. Come up with new themes and rename the park.

9. Build Pleasure Island (including Adventurer's Club) and connect to Downtown Disney via not-so-secret underground People Mover.

10. Build 2 new deluxe resort hotels and 3 new moderate resort hotels.

11. Put an immideate freeze on all new annual pass sales and gradually reduce the number of annual passes to 100K. (as people don't renew, they lose their pass)

12. Eliminate Fastpasses

13. Hire more security, and be much more strict about kicking people out of the park that misbehave.

14. Only allow custom made Disney strollers in the park, which fold up and fit in a small, unobtrusive central hub in each land.

15. Change the Fireworks and World of Color so that no ride or section of the park ever has to close in order for the show to be performed.

16. Every shop, restaurant, and ODV cart must be open the same hours as the park. Nothing closes early, EVER.

17. No lining up for Fantasmic until 1hr prior to the show. The same reservation system for WOC will be used for Fantasmic.

18. Guest Control Cast Members will be permanant Guest Control, and not simply attractions cast members looking to pick up extra shifts. They will be expertly trained, have their pay doubled, and have much more authority to remove people if needed than a typical frontline cast member.

19. Rides will no longer exit into gift shops. We will build the rides to be so good that park guests hunt down the gift shops and demand to buy the merchandise that is specific to that ride.

20. Everyone always gets in free on their Birthday.

21. The World's Largest In N Out will be built in Downtown Disney.

22. There will be a website where people can go to nominate a family to stay in the Dream Suite (deserving teacher, firefighter, military, etc.). You can't nominate yourself. The Dream Suite will never be empty. Every single night one deserving family will stay there.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast