Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

If you owned Disneyland...

If you owned Disneyland, what would you change? Disney parks are theme parks that are always changing. If you could change any operation, build any land, make any ride. What would you do? Leave in the comments below, what your perfect version of Disneyland would be!! All idea are welcome! Let's not judge what others think may be awesome!

Re: If you owned Disneyland...

-First and foremost; I'd revert Club 33 back to its original state as well as NOS.
    -I'd order a full overhaul of Tomorrowland. That takes it back to how it was in the 1960's, but with modern aesthetic. As well as add a new Tron e-ticket. (Get rid of subs as well)
    -Create the never built Liberty Square east of Main Street. Complete with the Hall of Presidents.
    -Get rid of Fantasyland Theater and add a beauty and the beast dark ride. Then put a Frozen dark ride in next to Matterhorn in the old motorboat area.
    -give Alice the facade it deserves, matching the other dark rides' makeovers they got in the 1980's.
    -Add a new E-ticket in Frontierland
    -Replace Pooh with Tokyo's version.
    -Put a restaurant in Aladdin's Oasis
    -Bring back Swiss Family Treehouse
    -Bring back Tom Sawyer's Island to its former glory
    -Add a new attraction to Toontown
    -Always look for ways to update attractions

That's just at the top of my head too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nland316 View Post
    -First and foremost; I'd revert Club 33 back to its original state as well as NOS.
    -I'd order a full overhaul of Tomorrowland. That takes it back to how it was in the 1960's, but with modern aesthetic. As well as add a new Tron e-ticket. (Get rid of subs as well)
    -Create the never built Liberty Square east of Main Street. Complete with the Hall of Presidents.
    -Get rid of Fantasyland Theater and add a beauty and the beast dark ride. Then put a Frozen dark ride in next to Matterhorn in the old motorboat area.
    -give Alice the facade it deserves, matching the other dark rides' makeovers they got in the 1980's.
    -Add a new E-ticket in Frontierland
    -Replace Pooh with Tokyo's version.
    -Put a restaurant in Aladdin's Oasis
    -Bring back Swiss Family Treehouse
    -Bring back Tom Sawyer's Island to its former glory
    -Add a new attraction to Toontown
    -Always look for ways to update attractions

That's just at the top of my head too lol
    Thats a really awesome list!! Sounds like you would be a great owner! :P I wish all the food tasted like home made and from the heart! Ya know??

• Minion

Well obviously Tomorrowland would get a major makeover with a few new attractions. In fact I would evict Star Tours (and Indiana Jones as well) and place those in the third gate park to be built, and re-theme those attractions to Disney properties.

Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear and Innoventions would all become new attractions. Autopia would have already moved over to Carsland during the design stage of Carsland. A new version of PeopleMover with the track extended to include a station in the northeast corner of DCA.

The area from the Sub lagoon northward to, and including, Small World would become a new land with an oceanic theme. Volcano in the northeast corner with a thrill ride in it and the DLRR going through it. New water oriented attractions on the middle area.

New mini-land north of Frontierland with a London theme. Peter Pan flight moved there. Mary Poppins Theater with live shows. DLRR station rethemed to old London style.

Frontierland expanded northward to include new area an major new attraction, 2 minor attractions. Possibly something like Marc Davis' Western River Expedition concept.

Critter Country improved to include new attraction based on either Jungle Book or Lion King.

Exit-only gate from Critter Country to M&F parking structure.

Virtual lines (computer remembers the order that guests checked in at an attraction, eliminating the need to stand in a physical line to prove who was there first).

No camping out for Fantasmic or fireworks.

Dump the one-park ticket concept and make all tickets good for both parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Well obviously Tomorrowland would get a major makeover with a few new attractions. In fact I would evict Star Tours (and Indiana Jones as well) and place those in the third gate park to be built, and re-theme those attractions to Disney properties.

Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear and Innoventions would all become new attractions. Autopia would have already moved over to Carsland during the design stage of Carsland. A new version of PeopleMover with the track extended to include a station in the northeast corner of DCA.

The area from the Sub lagoon northward to, and including, Small World would become a new land with an oceanic theme. Volcano in the northeast corner with a thrill ride in it and the DLRR going through it. New water oriented attractions on the middle area.

New mini-land north of Frontierland with a London theme. Peter Pan flight moved there. Mary Poppins Theater with live shows. DLRR station rethemed to old London style.

Frontierland expanded northward to include new area an major new attraction, 2 minor attractions. Possibly something like Marc Davis' Western River Expedition concept.

Critter Country improved to include new attraction based on either Jungle Book or Lion King.

Exit-only gate from Critter Country to M&F parking structure.

Virtual lines (computer remembers the order that guests checked in at an attraction, eliminating the need to stand in a physical line to prove who was there first).

No camping out for Fantasmic or fireworks.

Dump the one-park ticket concept and make all tickets good for both parks.
    awesome ideas!! So would you put fast pass for fireworks and Fantasmic just like world of color??? I love the oceanic land idea! Sounds neat! I feel you dream up ideas when you go like I do!! Lol

Lightbulb Re: If you owned Disneyland...

I. External & General

A. Eliminate DCA and Downtown Disney. These dilute the original "jewel" of Disneyland, and, frankly, are not what I think of as "authentic Disney".

B. Ban strollers within DL. [This effectively limits DL to children old enough to walk, the primary point, but secondarily reduces clutter and congestion throughout.]

II. Main Street

A. OK as-is.

III. Adventureland

A. Return the Jugle Cruise to its original serious/eductional narration, which made it an actual simulation of trips along those famous rivers.

B. Keep Indy. It's non-Disney but fits in so nicely with Adventureland.

C. Return the Treehouse to the Swiss Family Robinson.

D. Reactivate Aladdin's Oasis. Something Mideastern is needed to complement the African Jungle Cruise and Asian Indy and Polynesian Tiki Room.

IV. Frontierland

A. Create Discovery Bay.

B. Restore Fort Wilderness.

C. De-Pirate TSI; return it to its original Mark Twain atmosphere.

D. Revive the Indian Village, with its wonderful participatory dancing, art, and music.

E. Get rid of Thunder Mountain RR and restore the Living Desert and its beautiful Mine Train ride.

V. NOS

A. Return Club 33 to its original appearance and operation, but expand it into the Dream Suite area to enable it to function more like a true drop-in social club.

VI. Fantasyland

A. OK as-is, but bring back the FL-TL Skyway.

VII. Tomorrowland

A. Redo the submarines as the Nautilus version from WDW.

B. In the old motorboat area behind the waterfall, create a hidden stopover for the sub ride at the Island of Atlantis [from that Disney movie].

C. Generally, restore TL to its original 1950s Googie sci-fi decor and atmosphere.

D. Bring back the TWA Rocket to the Moon (full size, with TWA decorations, crew, etc.)

E. Eradicate the Star Wars virus. It's not Disney. No Jedi Academy, Star Tours, or any other infection. [I have no objection whatever to parks themes to Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, etc. somewhere else.]

F. In keeping with the Googie atmosphere, bring back the Monsanto House of the Future, with its 50s' ideas of the future.

G. Bring back the Rocket Rods. They were great fun; fix them!

That will do for my first week in charge.
    ______
    Rachane

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post
    I. External & General

A. Eliminate DCA and Downtown Disney. These dilute the original "jewel" of Disneyland, and, frankly, are not what I think of as "authentic Disney".

B. Ban strollers within DL. [This effectively limits DL to children old enough to walk, the primary point, but secondarily reduces clutter and congestion throughout.]

II. Main Street

A. OK as-is.

III. Adventureland

A. Return the Jugle Cruise to its original serious/eductional narration, which made it an actual simulation of trips along those famous rivers.

B. Keep Indy. It's non-Disney but fits in so nicely with Adventureland.

C. Return the Treehouse to the Swiss Family Robinson.

D. Reactivate Aladdin's Oasis. Something Mideastern is needed to complement the African Jungle Cruise and Asian Indy and Polynesian Tiki Room.

IV. Frontierland

A. Create Discovery Bay.

B. Restore Fort Wilderness.

C. De-Pirate TSI; return it to its original Mark Twain atmosphere.

D. Revive the Indian Village, with its wonderful participatory dancing, art, and music.

E. Get rid of Thunder Mountain RR and restore the Living Desert and its beautiful Mine Train ride.

V. NOS

A. Return Club 33 to its original appearance and operation, but expand it into the Dream Suite area to enable it to function more like a true drop-in social club.

VI. Fantasyland

A. OK as-is, but bring back the FL-TL Skyway.

VII. Tomorrowland

A. Redo the submarines as the Nautilus version from WDW.

B. In the old motorboat area behind the waterfall, create a hidden stopover for the sub ride at the Island of Atlantis [from that Disney movie].

C. Generally, restore TL to its original 1950s Googie sci-fi decor and atmosphere.

D. Bring back the TWA Rocket to the Moon (full size, with TWA decorations, crew, etc.)

E. Eradicate the Star Wars virus. It's not Disney. No Jedi Academy, Star Tours, or any other infection. [I have no objection whatever to parks themes to Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, etc. somewhere else.]

F. In keeping with the Googie atmosphere, bring back the Monsanto House of the Future, with its 50s' ideas of the future.

G. Bring back the Rocket Rods. They were great fun; fix them!

That will do for my first week in charge.

Yes on the strollers!

• Minion

Major reshuffling of TDA would be my first change. Fastpass would disappear quickly too.

• Disneyland Fan

It's pretty sad I am always thinking of this exact topic. Here are my ideas...

1. Buy up all the hotels and buisness within a 15 mile radius and make Disneyland into a true resort.

2. Expand Disneyland and upgrade all the rides with new technology.

3. Re-make Toontown indoors so you could add projection technology on the ceilings to make it feel like toons actually live there. Expand Roger Rabbit and bring back the Jolley Trolley but make it elevated (think peoplemover).

4. Make a Mary Poppins ride using upgraded technology from Peter Pan's flight.

5. Make Winnie Pooh into Tokyo Disney's version

6. Add Disney Sea in Long Beach.

And thats not even half of my ideas!

• Disneyland Fan

I would also remove Club 33 and upgrade Indy!

Maybe I'm the only one taking this seriously... but if I owned Disneyland I would start by closing it to the public so that I could enjoy it myself.... what I decided to do with it once I got rid of the crowds would be my own secret... but everyone outside would be more than welcome to go to Knotts.

• Disney Fanatic

Yes, yes, yes to the strollers being banned.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one taking this seriously... but if I owned Disneyland I would start by closing it to the public so that I could enjoy it myself.... what I decided to do with it once I got rid of the crowds would be my own secret... but everyone outside would be more than welcome to go to Knotts.
    Great minds think alike! This is what I'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    I do own Disneyland.
    "And that makes you my new best friend!"
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    "And that makes you my new best friend!"
    There's a probably a hundred million other owners though, so they tend not to listen to me when I have an idea.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast