Cool Going to Disneyland Tomorrow, I need your tips :)

Hello
    So I'm going to the Disneyland Park tomorrow (the one in Anaheim, CA) for the day.
    I need some tips/advices:

I read that the park opens by 8:00AM. Is it worth it the get there that early? Will all the attractions/rides be open?
    (I'm driving from Los Angeles, will have around 1 hour of driving in the morning I think). Do you think it will be a lot of people on a Wednesday?

Does anyone have the exact address of the parking lot please? My GPS will appreciate

Knowing that we will only spend a day there and than we are in our mid-20s, which Attractions are a must-to-do?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

• Foolish Mortal

Re: Going to Disneyland Tomorrow, I need your tips :)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy1789 View Post
    Hello
    So I'm going to the Disneyland Park tomorrow (the one in Anaheim, CA) for the day.
    I need some tips/advices:

I read that the park opens by 8:00AM. Is it worth it the get there that early?
    yes, the earlier the better. you will be able to knock out a bunch of the rides in no time at all for the most part.

Will all the attractions/rides be open?
    Some rides are down for refurb, but most are open, checkout www.disneyland.com for more info

(I'm driving from Los Angeles, will have around 1 hour of driving in the morning I think). Do you think it will be a lot of people on a Wednesday?
    Most likely yes, it is summer and well, summer is usually pretty crowded. Start early, stay hydrated, and don't me in too much of a mad scramble to try to cram it all in.

Does anyone have the exact address of the parking lot please? My GPS will appreciate
    Type in "Mickey & Friends Parking Structure" or "Toy Story Parking Lot" into your maps app and you will be good to go.

Knowing that we will only spend a day there and than we are in our mid-20s, which Attractions are a must-to-do?
    Everyone's must-to-do is different, if you are a thrill seeker then try to do Indy, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn early in the day when the lines aren't long. If it is warm out, Splash Mountain will tend to be a very long wait. Use the FastPass system, and make sure you return by the indicated time on the ticket

Thank you in advance for your answers!
    Hope that helped.

If it is your first visit to the park, then it is not worth it to arrive early if waking up early is a problem for you or others touring with you in the park. The reason it is not worth it is because you have no traditions or must do first attractions.

I arrive early because Peter Pan is my must do, first thing in the park because i will not invest time at any other hour in the day to stand in line for the trip to neverland. My prediction is if you meet someone who said that Peter Pan should be your first, you would probably void that recommendation and go straight to Snow White and her wooden neigbhor because they have no lines. No fault of your own, it is just that you have no history or knowledge of how to tour.

Folks who arrive early have that early morning knowledge. One thing to remember is the photo process at the gate, sometimes that leads to a rope drop, which if it does could good you some extra time on Main street, when it smells and feels fresh.

Wednesdays are good days as folks visit in chunks of five days, Th-Monday/Tuesday.
    Don't be concerned about crowds as you don't have the knowledge of how to work within a crowded environment of Disneyland. Just go with the flow and the list of planned attractions you wish to visit.

And by knowledge I refer to bathroom locations, Fastpass locations, land entrances, congested intersections and finally, it is all new to you, so you will be taking in the sights.

Will all the attractions be open?????? At any give time in the day, rides will close for 1-3 hours. Attractions under refurb are of no consequence to you because there will not enough time in the day to see everything and you also have no history of the attractions under refurb.

Which attractions are a must do?? First, we have no history of your prior visits to to other Disney parks. Second, what are your interests? Third, if an attraction was to be avoided, it would not be in the park.

• First star to the right..

If you're coming from LA you have a lot more than an hour in the am to get there. Remember LA is notorious for their traffic. I'm assuming your staying in the San Fernando Valley. I would recommend leaving at about 615/630 to get to the parks by 8. Leaving that early you should miss traffic down the 5 freeway.

Otherwise you're looking at about an hour and a half to two hours worth of traffic (if it's bad)

moregumboplease Thank you very much for your answers!

laferney Road kid Thank you too! I went to Disneyland Paris when I was a kid (like 5-6yo). But beside that I have no experience with Disneyland. However we did Six Flag Magic Mountain few months ago and we had a blast. But obviously we are not looking for this level of thrill at Disneyland

Pan: good info, we will leave L.A early tomorrow morning then
    (Edit: Waze is saying that it will take us 1h25 from when I live to the Toy Story Parking Lot now (5:45PM) )

level of thrill
    Do you have your ticket online purchase???

level of thrill: fast and dropping!!!!!

At rope drop or 8:00 gate entry go straight to Thunder Mountain in Frontierland, pick up a fast pass for Thunder then get in line and ride. window to use fastpass should be 8:30-9:30.

Exit out thunder down toward the river and line-up for pirates.
    8:300 exit out NOS and head down the river to Haunted mansion. The exit time should be 9:15, head back to Thunder.
    9:30 head opposite the river on thunder exit on the trail to Fantsyland and line up for Matterhorn. Leave Matterhorn and secure Space Mountain fastpass which will be 1:15-2;15.

Avaiable to ride will be the Matterhorn again, STar wars, Buzz, orbitors.

12:30 grab a snack and head up to Toontown for spin taxi. 1:15 Window for space mt should be open, secure next fastpass 6-7:00 for Space and then eat lunch and hang out on dumbo, alice, toad, snow white.

could also be a good time for splash mt way on the other side of Haunted mansion, but the line is in shade and you will get wet. I am thinkting that your space window will be around6:00.
    By 6:00 after space, all thrill ride fast passes should be distributed. This will be the time for redo's in wait line or explore Jungle cruise, Indy, boat rides, all with lines.

• Vidia's Minion

Don't waste time on Pirates first it's a long ride and you'll waste precious time, go on it later in the day, the line moves pretty fast. Splash mountain early is great also.

jayce

I was thinking of the short walk from BTMR to POC and HMH to be avaiable for his fastpass ( it wont be a long wait for his fastpass window to open) , (it is early morning and waits in ROA are very minimal. what will he do after riding Splash? since it is along walk down and back. In the afternoon when shade is a premium, what is better wait, POC or splash? The afternoon splash provides time to eat, take in the theming.

if ur only going for 1day then yeah 8AM is best
    since its summer time and the wait times are atleast 15 - 30 mins

i always do Pirates & Haunted Mansion at nite during fantasmic
    the lines are always quick... i was there last week and i pretty much
    a no wait time for Pirates...

Fantasy is closed during the fireworks FYI
    after the fireworks a lot of people with kids go home
    so the wait times are not as long as they are during the day
    right now the longest wait would be for Alice... last week it was crazy long
    the longest ive ever seen it

if u leave early in the AM dont 4get here in so cali we have crazy work traffic

i also like to get a fast pass for Star Tours
    another nice tip if u wanna see a show Magical Map is a cool show
    i made my BF sit through it and he loved it so u might like it

Most Dos (if u can)

Adventureland
    - Indiana Jones

New Orleans
    - Pirates
    - Haunted Mansion

Frotierland
    - Thunder Mountain

Fantasy
    - Alice
    - Tea Cups
    - Peter Pan
    - Dumbo
    - Small World
    - Matterhorn

Tomorrowland
    - Star Tours
    - Buzz Lightyear

Toontown
    - Roger Rabbit

Critter Country
    - Splash Mountain

Thank you all for your answer !

• Mickey Ear Biter

If you want to see fantasmic! (Which I think is a must do regardless of age) See the second showing... It is always less crowded and you can get a good view without waiting an hour before.

As far as rides not to miss: "conquer" all the mountains (splash mountain, Matterhorn, Big thunder and Space mountain).
    Note: space mountain and Splash mountain fast passes run out faster. Big thunder still has passes available into the evening. Matterhorn does not offer fastpass but the line definitely goes down at night.

• Disneyland PAP

I think you've received a lotta great answers and suggestions here, Eddy1789!

Definitely have your tickets already bought before you go, whether online that you can print out the barcodes or using those cards you can by at the Disney Store or grocery stores and retail stores.

I'll add my vote to arrive at 8 or even 9 in the morning. The mornings are less crowded - cuz, duh, it's early and no one wants to wake up that early LOL - but great for you to get through a handful or rides before it gets too crowded.

Most lines in the first couple or 3 hours of the park can be only 5 to 20 minutes. Later as more folks arrive, the lines start getting into the 30-60+ minute range, especially for Indiana Jones, Splash, Space Mountain and Star Tours. So the more you get done and experience before the lines get long, the better.

FastPasses are your friend. You all don't need to be in the FastPass line; one friend can take group's passes and head get them if you like.

One thing no one else has brought is to HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE!!! I've seen more Disneyland paramedics and security walking through the parks these days in the mid-afternoons carrying cases and pushing wheelchairs for folks who I assume weren't used to dealing with crowded parks and humid days than I care to see. I know you're in your mid-20's but don't take things like the heat and humidity for granted. If you need to, take a break and rest up.

And along those lines, if you need to cool off during the day, walk through the stores; they have air conditioning. The Mickey's Magical Map show is shaded and a great place to cool off and see a fun show at the same time. You can also take a "round-trip tour of the Magic Kingdom" by riding the Disneyland Railroad. Other places with AC are The Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland which has seating upstairs and downstairs, sells food and has a live show in the afternoon; the Main Street Opera House & The Disney Gallery near the entrance of the park which sells fine art, displays Disney memorabilia, plays a short film in the lobby on the history of Disneyland, and has the Abraham Lincoln audio-animatronic show; the Enchanted Tiki Room in Adventureland runs a 20-minute show and is totally air conditioned; Innoventions in Tomorrowland, which has meet and greets with Marvel heroes, video games to play for free and the Honda Asimo robot, but it's not really as novel a place to visit as other places around the park; and finally the Guardians of the Galaxy Preview in the theatre in Tomorrowland, which this summer is running a short scene from the movie and a trailer at the end which runs about 10 minutes total.

Have fun!