Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland Dreamer

New Orleans Square expands beyond the berm.....

... It can be done... ala toon town... The intimacy of NOS has been compromised by the C33 expansion into once public spaces. My proposal... take it beyond the berm... expand it with new streets, and maybe even another show building for some sort of attraction (princess and frog maybe)... As my favorite land (still... but slipping slightly towards adventureland), I'd love to see MORE of NOS..

They would have to move the chiller plants sitting between the HM and POTC show buildings, but it is doable. Someone in Imagineering should come talk to me.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: New Orleans Square expands beyond the berm.....

Yes!
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

After what I've seen as Disney's attempt at blending Club 33 with NOS, I wouldn't want them to touch it anymore. Unless they really do put fantastic effort then I'd be fine with it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nland316 View Post
    After what I've seen as Disney's attempt at blending Club 33 with NOS, I wouldn't want them to touch it anymore. Unless they really do put fantastic effort then I'd be fine with it.
    this

Name:  NOS.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  150.5 KB

There's not nearly as much room there as you believe with the train stop right there and the actual size of the HM and PotC show buildings... but I'm curious, what would you do with the train infrastructure in order to build between the show buildings?

If they ever did decide to expand, or fix what they messed up this time around, I'd hope that they'd actually look at photos of the real NOLA and maybe visit the French Quarter so they can see what it's supposed to look like! This whole "Let's just wing it and guests won't care/notice" attitude isn't working for them.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    Name:  NOS.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  150.5 KB

There's not nearly as much room there as you believe with the train stop right there and the actual size of the HM and PotC show buildings... but I'm curious, what would you do with the train infrastructure in order to build between the show buildings?
    An over bridge or under bridge and shift the platform closer to the HM.
    There's not as much width-wise, but you could go deeper. The West Side Cafe would probably have to be relocated, but there's some room for shifting it NW, maybe up against the tram road.

If you look at google earth, I think there's a decent amount of space. Its nearly the size of the core of NOS.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=disne...59552&t=h&z=20

• Observer

They just built the westside diner, I highly doubt they will be willing to move that plus the chiller plant just to add a few facades and shops. Wishful thinking but there just isn't enough room. Now if Disney was willing to spend the money to expand past the train station for just shops, I think they would a train crossing like knotts only do it correctly

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    They just built the westside diner, I highly doubt they will be willing to move that plus the chiller plant just to add a few facades and shops. Wishful thinking but there just isn't enough room. Now if Disney was willing to spend the money to expand past the train station for just shops, I think they would a train crossing like knotts only do it correctly
    You should have seen all the things Walt moved in the late 50's right after -just being built-.

This is one of the biggest problems with Disney right now......no eccentric leader who is willing to do what it takes to fulfill a vision regardless of prosaic concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    ... It can be done... ala toon town... The intimacy of NOS has been compromised by the C33 expansion into once public spaces. My proposal... take it beyond the berm... expand it with new streets, and maybe even another show building for some sort of attraction (princess and frog maybe)... As my favorite land (still... but slipping slightly towards adventureland), I'd love to see MORE of NOS..

They would have to move the chiller plants sitting between the HM and POTC show buildings, but it is doable. Someone in Imagineering should come talk to me.
    And where would they move the chiller plant to? They have eaten up a good portion of back stage access over the decades to the point where there isn't any excess space available.

They can't move the train station, so there isn't any way to get back to that area. The only other location with potential to get across the tracks is already occupied with rest rooms, cast offices and lower level access.

So, with our a MAJOR rework of attractions, restaurants and infrastructure, NOS will remain as it has, pretty much blocked in.

• Observer

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    You should have seen all the things Walt moved in the late 50's right after -just being built-.

This is one of the biggest problems with Disney right now......no eccentric leader who is willing to do what it takes to fulfill a vision regardless of prosaic concerns.

Things were cheaper and easier in the 50s more space.

It took them a year to build the park, today it would take years. And that's not because of Disney, its osha and all these other regulations, more components than a simple reworking

• Former Churro Jockey

Expanding NOS seems very impractical between the train and the chiller plant, but they could build a new ride that goes in and around all of those things in an enclosed building so you don't ever see them, kind of how the Indy ride extends so far backstage but yet you'd never know it when you're on the ride.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    its osha and all these other regulations,
    Like I said........'prosaic concerns'

• Your cadaverous pallor

its possible but it couldn't be that big since it would have to be crunched in between the show buildings although it does pose the risk of being able to see the DL hotel from the area
    I Fresh baked!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

Walt did have his practical and commercial side. But I do agree that he did what he wanted and because he wanted it. Anyone else be damned.

It would be difficult though to ask that of the Disney corp. today. You can't will a mind and personality like that in to existence. I really do think they're doing the best they can with this kind of stuff though.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast