Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Post-trip blues :(

After a really exciting and fufilling trip, Im trying very hard not to remind myself of Disneyland. I left Disneyland feeling very satisified, and quite frankly felt that I could take a break from the place after my trip. Being the obsessive Disneyland-Fan I am, I find myself wanting to go back more and more as time goes by, even if it has only been 1 month (I usually go every 2-3 years ). I am trying really hard not to watch videos and read anything about Disneyland. I dont want to trick myself into thinking that Im missing out and that I need to visit, even though I saw and did everything 2 months ago. My memory of my awesome trip is fading and I am filling the gap left with it with me watching/reading stuff online. I heard that making a video with all the photos and videos I took can help sooth the pain. Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions for me to get my mind off Disneyland? I love the place, but i find it unhealthy in my life if Im gonna keep on obsessing over it and wanting to go there. Ill eventually want to go back, but Im wanting to go back too soon! Im finding myself even looking at Disneyworld videos to help sooth the pain! AHHHHHHH. (sorry for all the grammar and spelling mistakes...)

Re: Post-trip blues :(

Yes! Make a video with video clips and pictures from your trip and upload it on YouTube and look at it when you have the Disney blues I did that last year, it was the first year my boyfriend and my step son went as a family and whenever I miss disney, I watch that video. Brings back good memories and if makes me excited for the next trip rather than missing it

• formerly very helpful

If it helps, know that many, many of us here feel the same way when we're not there. Especially if it's going to be a while until the next visit. What I try to do is have my next trip to Disneyland planned so I'll have something to look forward to, even if it's years away. In the meantime, that's what photos are for. Enjoy remembering the wonderful times you had there. Don't worry, before you know it, you'll be back.

I'm right there with you! My boyfriend made a Youtube video of our trip complete with background music. I watch it from time to time when I'm really feeling nostalgic and really missing Disneyland.

I have one suggestion. DON'T take your mind of Disneyland. It helps keep the blues away and helps you get through each day with a smile.

• Disneyland Dreamer

My Trip Reports (and those of others to a lesser extent) get me through the Disney dry spells. Looking back through them always makes me smile and happy.

Forums like MiceChat.com definitely help. Trip reports with pictures are a great way to relive Disneyland Resort experiences along with the general discussion about all things pertaining to the DLR. This Mice Chat forum is a wonderful resource as is the website with all of the various updates and articles.

Another great way to pass the time between trips is to listen to Disney audio. On my iPod, there are four long playlists of music and attraction audio that tide me over. I have a DLR one, a "yesterland" playlist, a DLR Holiday set as well as a complete WDW playlist.

Of course, youtube has a plethora of videos for your enjoyment. There are books and podcasts too. Plenty of resources available.

• Minion

Obsessed about Disneyland????

Then think on cruise ships,why, they are on the newscast at least once a week; niro virus, hitting rocks, on fire, falling overboard, storms and oh yea, sea sickness.
    My wife says that only happens if you are unlucky>
    Okay what about the lines? have to arrive early to board the ship, stand in line to board the ship, stand at the rail for boat safety, stand in line for the food. Stand in line for reservations. Oh, did i mention the elevators.

My wife says that only happens if you do those line-ups when everyone else is lining up.

Okay......what do we do....see shows not of my choice. Simon Cowell in my head. Thread water in a pool of not my choice. Watch others drink expensive drinks because i was told everything was free on the cruise.

Well.... it is not about the cruise, but the place you dock. the culture, the beach, the food. Where you have to pay.

My obsession with Disneyland is demonstrated to my wife by typing here on Micechat, my curio cabinet full of Disneyland, my helping folks in the public with their trip to Disneyland. She says once i go on a cruise, Disneyland will be a fleeting memory ( as it is for her, for she has never toured correctly at Disneyland)

Not going to happen. I am hard wired for Disneyland. At the age of six when I read about dick and Jane and where do these kids live because they don't live here on laferney road, and I walked into Disneyland at the age of 8 and gasped WOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!! So this is where the world lives.

Obsession is a result of being hard wired for Disneyland. It is not going to go away, even when the snow globe falls from my dying hand, my whisper will be.........nah, I truly love my son.

The solution to your problem is easy.

- Move to OC
    - Buy an AP
    - Hang out at DL
    - Go in a group of 6 or more, that way only one has to wait in line until he/she gets to the front and others join up
    - Be sure and eat and buy whatever you need before entering

Good luck!

We solved it by taking 4 trips in 12 mos using an ap. We had to travel by plane each time. I still love Disneyland but I got it out if my system so to speak. I no longer pine over the place when I'm not there.

I've be been back once since. It was fine but I was ready to leave when the trip was over.

Rarely coming to this site helps me as well.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

For some people, when their vacation is over, it's over. For me, I am always planning the next one, or luckily, living the present one. Although, most of my vacations are a week in length. So that's One Week At Disneyland, and then Months planning the next trip. I'd go bonkers if MiceChat wasn't here to feed my addiction.

Did I really just say that?

I'm addicted to Disneyland.

May 11 - 16, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    For some people, when their vacation is over, it's over. For me, I am always planning the next one, or luckily, living the present one. Although, most of my vacations are a week in length. So that's One Week At Disneyland, and then Months planning the next trip. I'd go bonkers if MiceChat wasn't here to feed my addiction.

Did I really just say that?

I'm addicted to Disneyland.
    So am I!

• Briar Patch Bears Coach

I used to have the worst PDD (Post Disney Depression). I basically hid myself from all things Disney, as you mentioned, but there would always be things that would remind me of DL. What I found was to just follow all things Disney. Reading blogs, looking up facts, or anything else you can think of really helps. Also I listen to a weekly podcast from a YouTube channel called InsideTheMagic which is awesome and has really helped me with my PDD.

• lucyPan

We try to go to DL at least once a year and I feel the sads as soon as we start walking down Main Street towards the gates. My DH and I are also obsessed so we spend the weeks after the trip sorting through the hundreds of pics, hubby takes TONS of pics! Then I start planning the next trip, increasing my micechat lurking the closer we get to going again. BTW our next trip is first week in December so I'm in full blown planning mode. Oh and I've been planning our 2016 trip to DW since 2012!

I absolutely know what you all are feeling! Our last trip to Disneyland was last November, and I can still smell the popcorn and see the fireworks over our heads! We got to experience Christmas at the park, which was AMAZING to say the least. When I was walking down Main Street for what would be the last time for 18 months I had tears in my eyes.

I am now planning our return trip for April 6-10, 2015, and I am finding that I am able to channel my emotions into planning the perfect trip for my family!!

Also, looking at pictures we took, keeping up with what is happening here on the forum, and watching Disneyland videos makes me feel like I am there!

I, too, am pretty much obsessed with all things Disneyland. :-)

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

I think a lot of us go through this. Just keep in mind that you WILL get to go again, and think about the things you want to do on your next trip. Keep reading about Disneyland! It'll help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast