Help with buying Halloween party tickets?

I'm trying to buy them today with the AP pre-sale. I bought APs a few months ago, but haven't activated them yet. None of the numbers on my confirmation printouts will update my status to AP holder.

Will I have to activate my APs before I can buy tickets in the pre-sale?

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Help with buying Halloween party tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    I'm trying to buy them today with the AP pre-sale. I bought APs a few months ago, but haven't activated them yet. None of the numbers on my confirmation printouts will update my status to AP holder.

Yep, you have to actually go get your AP card.

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.

Oh, well. I'll be activating them next week, and hopefully won't have trouble getting the date we want.

Thanks!

If you have a Chase Disney Rewards VISA Card, they will let you buy the Halloween tickets now. You need to buy the tickets with the Chase card but it is no problem. Call 714-781-4400 and follow the automated system to parks and Disneyland.
    Last edited by ravencroft; 07-17-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Depending on the day you want them, an AP might not even be valid for the day you want... in which case you don't even need to do the activation because there would be no discount. Also depending on the date you want will determine the likelihood that they will sell out or not - the closer to Halloween the more likely they will sell out and the more likely they will sell out early.

• Vidia's Minion

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.

Oh, well. I'll be activating them next week, and hopefully won't have trouble getting the date we want.

Thanks!

You shouldn't even the popular days take a while to sell out this is still very early.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    Depending on the day you want them, an AP might not even be valid for the day you want... in which case you don't even need to do the activation because there would be no discount. Also depending on the date you want will determine the likelihood that they will sell out or not - the closer to Halloween the more likely they will sell out and the more likely they will sell out early.
    So, if my AP was blocked out on the day I want to attend the party, they won't sell me pre-sale tickets? I thought that this was a perk for all APers, regardless of the date they choose to attend the event.

I have a premium AP, so it's not an issue, but this is interesting to me.

When a date sells out what does that mean? Will there be 60,000 people there? 30,000 people?

last year i asked a cast member at the front gate and they said around 7000 but im really not that sure.

So, if my AP was blocked out on the day I want to attend the party, they won't sell me pre-sale tickets? I thought that this was a perk for all APers, regardless of the date they choose to attend the event.

I have a premium AP, so it's not an issue, but this is interesting to me.
    The PP means that Disney removed the AP discount from certain party dates, so the only discount you would get for those dates would be the advance purchase discount. If the date you want does not have an AP discount available (check on the DL website for the dates and prices), then you could purchase your tickets now without activating your AP.

Quote Originally Posted by sucho23 View Post
    When a date sells out what does that mean? Will there be 60,000 people there? 30,000 people?
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderCvrDisneyGeek View Post
    last year i asked a cast member at the front gate and they said around 7000 but im really not that sure.
    From what I have heard from various CMs, the average sold out party has 40,000+ guests (including those with paid tickets and those with comped tickets). The number of guests depends on the date (how close to or on Halloween), day (midweek or Friday), and other factors. A sold out party feels crowded, but not overwhelmingly packed. The crowds at a not sold out party can feel quite light, depending on how many tickets were sold.

Lovely. I was in the parks the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. Activated our APs and took our photos on the 22nd. The whole time we were told our photos hadn't hit the system yet, but not to worry because it takes 24-48 hours.

Today I tried to link my AP to buy the Halloween tickets and it won't link to my online account because they never uploaded our photos. Not to worry, because the next time I'm at the park (six hours away), I can take a new photo. BUT... the next time I'm at the park will be for the Halloween party.

Waiting on a call back.

Annnnd, now I see that it doesn't matter because tickets are already on sale to the public and I've lost my AP discount. I should have called about this sooner.

• Dreaming of next trip

the AP discount should still apply, I just checked and I can still get them at a discount. When we went on the 12th our photos showed up right away. Sorry yours did not. But you made the correct move by placing a call, an email might not hurt.
    Good luck and you should be able to get the day you want as it is still early.