• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Question Has anyone else received a DLR AP survey?

So my wife gets a card in the mail asking her to go online and fill out a survey on her Annual Pass. My WIFE is the one in our family who has only been to the DLR like three times while the kids and I have been maybe 20 or so. She was going to pitch the card in the trash, but I rescued it and took the survey for her.

From my fuzzy memory, here are some of the questions:

1) What type of AP do you own?

2) When will you renew it?

3) What type of AP will you purchase if you renew?

4) What factors led you to get your AP? (Special merchandise, discounts, etc.)

5) If available, would you opt for a four payments of $39.99 instead of the annual $149.00?

6) If available, would you opt for 12 monthly payments of 12.50?

So here are my questions:

a) Why did my wife, who has only been two or three times this year, get the AP survey and my kids and I did not?

b)WHY IS DISNEY FINDING WAYS TO MAKE AP'S MORE AFFORDABLE IF EVERYONE IS SCREAMING THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THEM AND DISNEY IS LOSING MONEY ON THEM??? (Hello....is this thing on?)

c) What happens when you miss a payment? Your AP expires on that day?

Further evidence that Disney is making money hand over fist with every AP sale, and 600,000 is not enough. Maybe they are getting ready to boost the price again, but will provide options to those who can't pay all of the $$$ up front. In any case, it looks like you can expect MORE AP Holders! WHOOO HOOO!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: Has anyone else received a DLR AP survey?

While I think having a multi-payment plan is a good thing, I don't think it's necessarily making it more affordible... it just makes the pill easier to swallow. Asking for opinions on a multi-payment plan also does not prove that they are also making money "hand over fist"... but it will probably get folks to buy an AP when they otherwise wouldn't have if they had to pay it all off at once. Frankly, not all APs are like some of you that buy a bunch of stuff or eat all their meals on property or comes actually close to spending the amount of money per day that a out-of-town tourist Guest does.

As for having more APs then the sheer overwhelming numbers we already have... eh, all I know is that I, for one, believe that APs should be more expensive since when you break the current APs down, it's too much of a good deal. It also opens the door to make DLR as a cheap child day care center and that's not a good thing for anyone involved (the child, the parents, or the Cast Members that have to babysit their little monsters that they have abandoned while they go out to dinner). Heh heh. I've had too many experiences with that when I worked in the Parks... more then you'd think and it's really quite sad.

Even if I was an AP myself I thought they should have been much more expensive, that doesn't only come from the CM side of me.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    So my wife gets a card in the mail asking her to go online and fill out a survey on her Annual Pass. My WIFE is the one in our family who has only been to the DLR like three times while the kids and I have been maybe 20 or so. She was going to pitch the card in the trash, but I rescued it and took the survey for her.

<snip>

a) Why did my wife, who has only been two or three times this year, get the AP survey and my kids and I did not?
    When they send the cards out like this, they only send one per household. It made a big stink when people had numerous APs in a house and only sent one 50th celebration booklet last year. I changed ours so each kid has their own address and gets their own AP info.

Now, I wonder where mine is!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i would LOVE to have payment options for my AP. we actually didn't renew mr. pixie chick this year because it's so much all at once. plus we renew in december...pixie kid's bday, christmas & AP's all in one month! yikes!

we didn't get the survey, but it doesn't seem like a big deal. most surveys don't survey EVERY single person. they get a portion of people in different demographic areas & get a sense of what the majority thinks.

as for the AP mailings. i requested that our household only get one to cut down on waste. we used to get 3 of everything & it just seemed excessive. just my 2 cents....
    <o>

• Playtester

Sea World has annual pass payment plans. They do an automatic withdrawl from your bank account (like netflix, etc.). If they can't get the money out or you change the account, it says they bill you for the full remaining amount and the pass is cancelled until its paid. I wouldn't mind doing it for my annual pass, rather then paying the $850 it will end up costing this year for passes.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan

b)WHY IS DISNEY FINDING WAYS TO MAKE AP'S MORE AFFORDABLE IF EVERYONE IS SCREAMING THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THEM AND DISNEY IS LOSING MONEY ON THEM??? (Hello....is this thing on?)

c) What happens when you miss a payment? Your AP expires on that day?

Further evidence that Disney is making money hand over fist with every AP sale, and 600,000 is not enough. Maybe they are getting ready to boost the price again, but will provide options to those who can't pay all of the $$$ up front. In any case, it looks like you can expect MORE AP Holders! WHOOO HOOO!
    a) Your wife is considered a valuable AP holder, since she doesn't overuse it. She is a profitable AP holder. You and the rest of your family don't pay enough for your privilage, even though you do pay the amount that Disney requests of you.
    b) Your wife needs to renew her AP, since she won't use it. You and the rest of your family can go to H....H.... DCA!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I got the card and took the survey. I said I didn't like the payment plan idea because it made it too much of a 'bill' and took some of the fun away. Just my opinion though.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

A payment plan would def. make it more affordable for me!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Sock Puppet

Hmm, i just took the survey and my questions were different. I was at 9% completed and then answered the next question and then it said I was 100% completed, maybe I answered the questions incorrectly?!?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    a)
    b) Your wife needs to renew her AP, since she won't use it. You and the rest of your family can go to H....H.... DCA!
    Same difference!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mirror
    Hmm, i just took the survey and my questions were different. I was at 9% completed and then answered the next question and then it said I was 100% completed, maybe I answered the questions incorrectly?!?
    Yeah....I think it was the same survey, but mine went on for 10 minutes or so. Not sure what we did differently. We're on the $149 plan...