Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Adventure Trading Company coming August 1st

From the Disney Parks Blog:

Hello adventurers, Tallahassee Glover here with the first of a series of dispatches from deep in the jungles of Adventureland at Disneyland park. The birds who sing words tell us that a new merchant is opening soon for a limited engagement beginning August 1. Adventure Trading Company will be a provisions and publications company with a knack for selling goods that send the buyers on wild adventures. At the end of these adventures are Adventureland relics known as Juju. These unique artifacts reflect the ancient traditions and importance of storytelling in Adventureland. Collect Juju! Collect adventures! Collect stories!
    Seems a little vague, but it sounds like a cross between retail and Legends of Frontierland. They're definitely moving toward more in-park "experiences."

Thoughts?
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

• Singing Drinker

Re: Adventure Trading Company coming August 1st

Diagon Alley (and Hogsmeade) both have built in effects for the holders of Uni's wand users. It's not surprising they're rolling this out, and it's a logical extension of the KimPossible games they were running in WDW complex (though apparently without the cool "built in" effects and relying more on character interaction).

I'm hoping this doesn't impact the traffic flow through Adventureland further. I'm a little surprised they didn't break it out in Tomorrowland or somesuch first to try to space the two "games" out a bit.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

My question is why didn't they announce this yesterday when they had a celebration going on?

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfan3224 View Post
    My question is why didn't they announce this yesterday when they had a celebration going on?
    It's not launching as part of the anniversary - it's coming out well before that point. I wouldn't be surprised if they felt it would be a distraction from the announcement. If the rumors are right and they were already bracing for a negative reaction due to the low info content, they probably would rather this sort of thing stand on its own merits in any case.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by joshteevee View Post
    From the Disney Parks Blog:
    Hello adventurers, Tallahassee Glover here with the first of a series of dispatches from deep in the jungles of Adventureland at Disneyland park. The birds who sing words tell us that a new merchant is opening soon for a limited engagement beginning August 1. Adventure Trading Company will be a provisions and publications company with a knack for selling goods that send the buyers on wild adventures. At the end of these adventures are Adventureland relics known as Juju. These unique artifacts reflect the ancient traditions and importance of storytelling in Adventureland. Collect Juju! Collect adventures! Collect stories! COLLECT STROLLERS!

Seems a little vague, but it sounds like a cross between retail and Legends of Frontierland. They're definitely moving toward more in-park "experiences."

Thoughts?
    I added one more thing to collect. :oP

It's a cool idea, but not sure how that is going to work with the limited space Adventureland is working with.

I just wonder where it's going. Aladdin's Oasis space? There really isn't much other room.

I hope you can redeem juju for Dole Whips.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

For all we know all of the interactive games could be tied into the 60 year anniversary. They could implement an interactive game at every land at Disneyland and use it for their nostalgia themed anniversary. If anything they could use it as a cheap way to add stuff for the 60 year anniversary without adding new rides or spending a lot of money.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by joshteevee View Post
    I just wonder where it's going. Aladdin's Oasis space? There really isn't much other room.

I hope you can redeem juju for Dole Whips.
    There's also a LOT of open space in the JC queue on most days. If they're willing to make people hike up stairs that could work. Maybe the Indy FP area? But yeah, most likely Oasis.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• 12 Year Annual Passholder

I think they tested this at last year's D23 Expo. I didn't get a chance to try it, but it looked like a lot of fun.

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 7.19.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

I've always thought Disneyland was a little light on the in-park experiences (eg. Scavenger hunts and such). These types of experiences really can add to a magical visit (heck, even their Easter egg hunt was fun). Seeing as there are events going on in Adventureland and Frontierland it seems someone in management sees things the same way. I'm excited to see the new changes and experiences.

• #bringevilback

Frontier land works, it's quite spread out, but adventure land just seems to be asking for crowd trouble!
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse

• The Lucky Rabbit

From those who tried this at D23, is this more like Legends of Frontierland with CM's playing NPC's, or more like the Pirate Adventure Game in WDW where you have a series of quests an interact with the environment instead of CM's?

It's going to be interesting during the month overlap where both games will be live.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• Biggest Disney Fan

I did this when I was at D23. You would go to this tiki hut and pay 5$ or something like that to either choose an adventure or pick a random adventure from a jug. I think their was 6 adventures in all. After you picked the adventure, you get a classified envelope which contains a letter and a scavenger hunt clue. Me and my sister journeyed throughout the expo and found a lady with three big fake flowers. She gave me a background of her "adventures" and told me she has three flowers with different smells and she needed help naming them. I smelled the first one and it smelled like raspberries and we got to name it. We found the other two names and names them( they smelled like peanut butter and pizza). She stamped our envelope with a cool design and we headed back to base or "tiki hut". We got a cool juju in return which was a really cool mini pineapple trinket. Their was six different adventures with six different prizes. It was so fun. I will try to post photos later.

• Biggest Disney Fan

It was more like the Pirates Adventure Game.

• Nic

I think it'd be really cool to replicate the game they have at Aulani, especially for Adventureland.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast