• Former Churro Jockey

Ideas for other guest participation games at DLR

So we have one in Frontierland, and a second one coming to Adventureland. What are some other ideas for these guest participation games that you might have? I'm going to do mine land by land:

Tomorrowland
    The obvious one here would be Empire vs. Rebels, and maybe also Hydra vs. Shield. In the Star Wars one, the rebels would be more like the outlaws from Rainbow Ridge trying to smuggle things and pass secrets around the land, and the Empire would act like police trying to catch them and put them in a holding cell. In Hydra vs. Shield, it would be the other way around, Hydra would be the smugglers and Shield would be the cops. Especially with the Star Wars game, you could even incorporate riding Star Tours as part of the game, where going through new scenarios in Star Tours unlocks new things you can do in the game.

Fantasyland
    This is a interesting one, you can go the obvious route with Disney Princesses and villains, but I think a Mr. Toad themed game would be a lot more fun (at least for adults). You could go with one group trying to catch Mr. Toad and one group trying to help him escape, or you could create more of a scavanger hunt kind of thing where each guest has to go on their on wild ride through Fantasyland and collect certain items to win.

Toontown
    I hate Toontown so I'll leave that to someone else

New Orleans Square
    Pirates vs. Ghosts. I think this could be the most fun because both sides get to be the bad guys. What would be REALLY interesting is if you incorporated Pirates Lair.

Critter Country
    Too small to be able to do much

DCA

I'll have to save that for a later post...
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Singing Drinker

Re: Ideas for other guest participation games at DLR

Toontown after Dark. Join Eddie Valiant's Junior Detective Squad as you roam the back alleys (ok, alley and assorted surrounding areas) searching for Clues for Some Big Crime I Don't Really Have the Imagination For Right Now. Sell everyone comedy "detective" magnifying glasses with RFID chips in them and rework the gags in Toontown to respond to an "investigation" in some new way.

Character houses get characters in them in addition to the usual Mickey/Minnie. Maybe do it every few hours with a climactic confrontation on Donald's Boat.

It could be good. I promise
    Last edited by BogLurch; 07-19-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Certified DL Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Toontown after Dark. Join Eddie Valiant's Junior Detective Squad as you roam the back alleys (ok, alley and assorted surrounding areas) searching for Clues for Some Big Crime I Don't Really Have the Imagination For Right Now. Sell everyone comedy "detective" magnifying glasses with RFID chips in them and rework the gags in Toontown to respond to an "investigation" in some new way.

Character houses get characters in them in addition to the usual Mickey/Minnie. Maybe do it every few hours with a climactic confrontation on Donald's Boat.

That's a great idea. I like how you're using the RFID magnifying glasses for the interactive items like Universal uses the RFID wands.
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*

Quote Originally Posted by the702senior09 View Post
    That's a great idea. I like how you're using the RFID magnifying glasses for the interactive items like Universal uses the RFID wands.
    Thats a fantastic idea. I could also see a tomorrowland game tied into the Brad Bird movie hunting down clues to find a secret in innoventions or some sort of Victorian mystery set around main st USAUSA

• Pizza-rella

For TL I feel like it would end up being the Empire Va. Rebels, but I think the Hydra Vs. Sheild would be something that I would more likely get involved in. I also like the Princess vs. Villans but I feel like it just wouldn't be as entertaining as other ones.
    I know about the Frontierland but what's going to be on in Adventureland?
    If I could pick one Disney charater I'm most like, it would be Cinderella. I love to clean and I have an obssesion with shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by babebet View Post
    For TL I feel like it would end up being the Empire Va. Rebels, but I think the Hydra Vs. Sheild would be something that I would more likely get involved in. I also like the Princess vs. Villans but I feel like it just wouldn't be as entertaining as other ones.
    I know about the Frontierland but what's going to be on in Adventureland?
    I think it's the Adventureland Trading Co. or somthing. There is going to be something called "Juju" for in game currency.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post

I like that ;-)