Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

MyMagic+ coming to Disneyland

According to the Disney and Universal Insider, Hatetofly (HTF), he says that MyMagic and My Disney Experience are coming to the Disneyland Resort.
    https://twitter.com/hatetofly/status/491723681157349377

Re: MyMagic+ coming to Disneyland

And why should I believe him?

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by SOTSreleaseplease View Post
    And why should I believe him?
    It's not like it is a secret. Iger and Rasulo have always made it clear that My Magic and FastPass+ are part of a company wide initiative to invest in technology at the parks. It may be slightly different from the version at WDW and it could still be a ways off, but it is pretty much a guarantee the system will come to Disneyland.

So far it has been pretty well received not just by park guests, but also industry pundits who have looked on their efforts very favorably. My Magic is the future.

Because he has connections in the company and he was the one that broke that universal studios orlando was building Springfield, Diagon Alley,Transformers, and the upcoming King Kong Land. He is also breaking that maelstrom is going to get replaced next year by a Frozen ride. HTF is known on the WDWMagic forums for giving reliable information.

Sorry but there is nothing that can convince me that MyMagic+ is ever coming to Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfan3224 View Post
    Because he has connections in the company and he was the one that broke that universal studios orlando was building Springfield, Diagon Alley,Transformers, and the upcoming King Kong Land. He is also breaking that maelstrom is going to get replaced next year by a Frozen ride. HTF is known on the WDWMagic forums for giving reliable information.
    Hmm...I'm curious if he knows about the cost overruns of My Magic and how it put Monstropolis on hold. TDA would be dumb not to eventually bring Fastpass+ to the resort, albeit in a different form than WDW's. I can't see it happening anytime before September 2015 but obviously I'm not in TDA.

Please don't judge but I was told by a cast member on Sunday that they have been testing at Disneyland. So who knows.

Also Jim Disney is also saying that there is a team in place for the implementation of the mymagic system but they are probably 18-24 months off.

• Bird of a feather

Oh shoot. Im going to rebell my butt off against it.

Did anyone really believe they wouldn't implement it in some way at Disneyland? There is no way they were going to spend a billion dollars on something and then not use it everywhere and every way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by La Caballera View Post
    Oh shoot. Im going to rebell my butt off against it.
    This, but only if they don't tailor it to fit the different atmosphere of the two parks. I don't even live in California (anymore) and I hate, hate, hate the idea of planning and making reservations inside the park aside from dining, which I never do anyway. I like traveling down there, having a tentative idea of what I want to ride (a few of the big ones I have, have, have to get on), and then do the up to 5 FastPasses in a day kind of thing of my own decision, not because I had to pick and choose what I wanted to ride without having to wait around in standby because I was being "negligent" and "lazy for not planning." That's just not how I work and it shouldn't be how Disneyland/DCA works either. It takes the magic and the nostalgia, the spontaneity of going to the park and hopping back and forth 'cause I durn well please. xD

I think if they took some elements of the system, like using the Magic Bands as your park ticket and replacing the FP ticket (but not the reservations), that it could work well enough. But the way it is now at WDW is not going to fly, especially considering how there are only 3 on-site hotels, how the parks are only a few hundred feet apart, and how the majority of visitors are locals or at least living within the state.

•   
    • Minion

I really hope not. I agree that if they restricted it to Magic Bands it might fly, but I think that enacting FP+ or forcing people to overplan the way they do in Orlando would be a real mistake.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• I'm not really here

It is coming to Disneyland. Period. You don't invest that much and not fully deploy it.

Planning for infrastructure updates to parts of the park have been planned and some have likely already happened. Expect to see it at Disneyland within 3-5 years, and probably closer to the 3 year mark.

You can dislike it all you want, but start getting used to the fact that it will be at Disneyland.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Good. Now I have a use for the six MBs I have from my last visit to WDW. Along with the six more I will eventually get from my upcoming trip. YaY!

This is one of those very rare threads where I agree with almost everybody

I agree with those that say it's definitely coming to DLR eventually. As some article I read put it, it's simply too big to fail.

And I agree with those that hate the idea. There's absolutely nothing I like about the concept or what I've read of the execution. But, you don't HAVE to use it. You can skip the whole thing and experience the park like you normally do. I guess heavy FP users may be kind of forced into it, as the FPs might run out earlier because of people reserving them in advance?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast