Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Non rehire status

Amanda, consider (if possible) getting a letter from your current employer attesting to your good attendance/punctuality record at your current job. That may sway someone who is thinking 'how do we know she's changed?'.

Also, you may want to consider taking whatever you can get at first. If you're trying to get rehired, it looks better not to be too picky, but to be so eager that you'll take anything just to get back on. Where I used to work, if a person turned down a promotion or special assignment because it wasn't to their specific liking, they were usually never offered anything again. We learned quickly to take what was offered and then work towards our 'ideal' job.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• "Always On The Move..."

I agree to be willing to take whatever is offered. When my friend left, they were a lead. When they were rehired it was on a ODV cart and they gladly took it. They are just glad to be back and are more than willing for however long it takes to rise through the ranks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Amanda, consider (if possible) getting a letter from your current employer attesting to your good attendance/punctuality record at your current job. That may sway someone who is thinking 'how do we know she's changed?'.
    As someone who has hired many people, that is an excellent suggestion! People will say anything to get a job. Providing something like a letter shows initiative and evidence that the subject behavior has been modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

Also, you may want to consider taking whatever you can get at first. If you're trying to get rehired, it looks better not to be too picky, but to be so eager that you'll take anything just to get back on. Where I used to work, if a person turned down a promotion or special assignment because it wasn't to their specific liking, they were usually never offered anything again. We learned quickly to take what was offered and then work towards our 'ideal' job.

I wish I could get a letter from my current employer, however it is company policy that they do not provide letters of recommendation. I then went to my direct supervisor and asked her and she said she was bound by TransUnion policy (yes I work at TransUnion), that providing any letter or verbal recommendation would be a conflict of interest since I'm still employed there. Come March 31, when our office is closed, then she can assist me with that. I also have some certificates for my consumer compliments and customer service awards that I will be bringing with me to the casting office.

As for taking what I can get I am more than willing to do so. But due to family responsibilities I need a Monday through Friday job and I can't work evenings. I'm a firm believer if it's meant to be it will be. I may not be a right fit for Disneyland right now.... but who knows in a couple months.

Looking at it from the employee's point of view... I always wonder why anyone would want to go back to a place that they left in the first place whether by their own choice directly (by quitting) or own choice indirectly (by slacking off until they were fired)... It would seem to me like people that remarry someone they had previously divorced. I've seen it happen... but it usually just ends in a second divorce. I would expect that all the things that you didn't like about a job the first time would still be there the second time around.

I loved my job for the most part. Didn't love pushing a heavy ice cream cart through the park... but for the most part I loved it.
    I can't sit here and make valid excuses for why my attendance suffered because there is no excuse. I was immature at that time and decided that it was ok to call out from work.
    That being said... I am not like that anymore in fact I have a near perfect attendance record at my current job. Not once was my attendance an issue.
    I love Disney and I'm looking for my next job to be doing something I love.

• Done with MC.

Don't feel bad Amanda, an awful lot of us go through a stage like that at that age. We ultimately end up being the best of employee's.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    Looking at it from the employee's point of view... I always wonder why anyone would want to go back to a place that they left in the first place whether by their own choice directly (by quitting) or own choice indirectly (by slacking off until they were fired)... It would seem to me like people that remarry someone they had previously divorced. I've seen it happen... but it usually just ends in a second divorce. I would expect that all the things that you didn't like about a job the first time would still be there the second time around.
    Just because an employee quits does not mean they disliked their job or the company, there are many reasons why an employee may have to quit that in no way involve a dislike for the company or job. Seems there is an assumption that someone only quits when unhappy in the job or employer.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    Just because an employee quits does not mean they disliked their job or the company, there are many reasons why an employee may have to quit that in no way involve a dislike for the company or job. Seems there is an assumption that someone only quits when unhappy in the job or employer.
    That may be true, but the sentiment expressed by Mackster is the norm in most HR departments - fair or not.

• Resident Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda816 View Post
    But due to family responsibilities I need a Monday through Friday job and I can't work evenings
    Then don't even try applying to the parks themselves, because they REQUIRE you to be free on weekends. And because you won't have seniority, you will be scheduled weekends. And evenings. A lot of them.

• Resident Ghost

Stupid double post...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Don't feel bad Amanda, an awful lot of us go through a stage like that at that age. We ultimately end up being the best of employee's.
    Oh so very true

Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
    Then don't even try applying to the parks themselves, because they REQUIRE you to be free on weekends. And because you won't have seniority, you will be scheduled weekends. And evenings. A lot of them.

Thats what I figured.. Thank you for the info.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Not only weekends, but also holidays as well. They want someone who can be available at ANY time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by UbIwerks View Post
    That may be true, but the sentiment expressed by Mackster is the norm in most HR departments - fair or not.
    In some companies maybe, in all I have worked for rehires of former employees was all on a case by case basis, and not a blanket policy. I've worked for companies as small as 2 employees up 50,000 employees.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast