Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Do you like the new effects that Disneyland is putting into rides?

Yes! I absolutely would love to see most, if not every ride utilize this technology upgrade. Funny you mention Splash Mountain, I was actually thinking the other day of how it could benefit from an update. Remember, Splash was made only 7 years after New Fantasyland. So it could use as much improvement as the current dark rides are getting. I would love to see some digital effects in the finale scene, behind the steamboat. Or in the beginning indoor scene. Along with new animatronics of B'rer Rabbit and B'rer Fox. Mostly any ride would benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by joshteevee View Post
    Yes, absolutely. The projection mapping, when done well, is amazing. The Alice effects are remarkable to behold.
    I agree about Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by JanitorofSHIELD View Post
    And they added projections to Matterhorn? I haven't been on it in awhile, so can someone post a video or a picture?
    I believe they added snow falling down when you go up the hill inside the mountain. I'm not sure, I thought I saw it there but can't quite remember.

EDIT: I can't find it at the moment, probably because I'm on my phone right now. Hopefully someone can confirm or show pictures.
    Last edited by Vance; 07-23-2014 at 10:13 PM.

I can sort of see why people wouldn't like the Mara upgrades; at least one of the new projections is a tad overdone. But I happen to think the effects are a blast and MUCH better than without. Alice's new tech is a huge upgrade as well.

I feel like the falling snow in Matterhorn has been around for a while, but honestly haven't ridden it since the new bobsleds had just been installed, so maybe it's not what I am thinking of.

Really think Disneyland would be foolish not to do this to the other Fantasyland rides, and perhaps even Winnie the Pooh, though that ride needs more than just new projections.

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    ...I would like to see it in maybe Splash Mountain...
    If they did all of Splash Mountain the way they've done the Seven Darfs mine Train, that would be AWESOME.

• Your cadaverous pallor

they are great love to see them in all the fantsyland dark rides maybe some newer ones in space mountain maybe even a sort of projection on the astriod in space maybe they should try some more stuff in indy like when the natives shoot the darts at you near the end have some sort of movement involved maybe even some stuff in monsters inc. mike sully to the rescue
    I Fresh baked!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    I really like Indy's projection mapping on Mara. I would like It's A Small World to get something going (anything!) on its ceiling.
    I really like the improvements that they have been making on all the attractions. I would also agree that it is long past time to do SOMETHING with It's A Small World ceiling.

Mike and Sulley already uses projection effects, quite effectively, for Randall's color transformation. But yeah, there's always room for more.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    I really like the improvements that they have been making on all the attractions. I would also agree that it is long past time to do SOMETHING with It's A Small World ceiling.
    The ceiling reminds me of JCPenney or Target's ceiling!

The ceiling reminds me of JCPenney or Target's ceiling!
    Hahaha, thats funny. It actually does, you are right.

• Former Churro Jockey

I've only seen Indy but I thought it was AWESOME, so I'd love to see them expand that. Obviously you don't want to overdo it, but I think it could be used somewhere in Manson and ToT.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Pan's Left-Hand Man

I absolutely like the projection mapping additions and think they are definitely upgrades. I think it's wonderful that the hearts of these rides have been left in tact while offering a more immersive experience.

I would like to see it in maybe Splash Mountain or something, it would be neat.
    Splash wasn't the first attraction that came to my mind when thinking of projection mapping, but I'm glad you brought it up!

I can see birds and bees zipping around in the first showroom, but that's about where my imagination stops... where I can really see some projection mapping is on the drop into the Laughing Place and in the Laughing Place itself as well as on the final lift hill.

That being said, I wonder what projection mapping could do for Space Mountain.

I would like It's A Small World to get something going (anything!) on its ceiling.
    I adressed IASW's ceiling problem and possible ideas for projection mapping here: It's a Small World Reimagined

I think I made some pretty good points... if I do say so myself. The ceiling is a problem that could potentially change the entire ride if addressed.

One thing I failed to mention in that post is that there are TONS of hanging show elements that are actually designed to draw your eye up and further the problem of lighting/noticing the JC Penny's/Target-esque drop ceiling.
    "On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles..."
    J.M. Barrie

Do you like the new effects Disneyland is putting into the rides? Such as Indiana Jones, Big Thunder Mountain, and Alice in Wonderland. If so, what other rides would you like to see have the new effects? I would like to see it in maybe Splash Mountain or something, it would be neat.
    Yes! So far they are pretty impressive and they are a great way to add elaborate effects in with out a lot of physical construction. I am especially impressed how Alice in Wonderland came out. I am really eager to see what they do with the other FL Dark Rides, especially Mr Toad.

- I could see some video projections added to the Grand Canyon and Primeval World diorama to give em' more life.
    - Animated "dip" for Roger Rabbit.
    - Multiple scenes in Pooh.

The only one I've seen is Big Thunder, and it was fantastic. Well-timed, looks good, and is appropriate for its location. It fits.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• i believe in faeries.

i like the new effects---freshens up elements of a ride without totally changing the ride itself. however, i have yet to see Alice... but I hear it's awesome!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast