Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Not happy with a ride? Let Disney know!

If you hate how painful it is to ride the Matterhorn, or think the maintenance of the Story Book Land Canal Boats should be better, or wished the Haunted Mansion didn't stop so frequently, TELL DISNEY!

Send an email to [email protected]

or...

go to https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

I highly encourage any and every person who has an issue with an attraction or some aspect of the park to contact them directly and let them know. I'm sure some of you have done this before, but I just feel the need to post about this as all of us here on MiceChat want the best possible Disneyland we can have. We as the fans need to let the people in charge know how we actually feel, not just rant about it on forums like this. And trust me, the emails do get read, responded to, and forwarded on to the appropriate departments.

I know some people may think it's tedious to do, but the more people express their concerns, the better chance we have of improvements being made at Disneyland.

• #bringevilback

Re: Not happy with a ride? Let Disney know!

They do respond, and usually quite quickly. They may not have a decent response (when addressing my complaint about the loss of characters in the parks they were unaware of certain ones being gone, even after first consulting the entertainment department and of the ones they were aware of they had different information vs what was happening in the parks) but they do follow up, usually with a phone call. It's worth it to express your concerns!
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse

• Certified DL Addict

This is great advice, and I've contacted them before and received a phone call and my issue was resolved (mine was CMs who were extremely rude to my five year old brother, and also how they handle the switch out of Mater and McQueen with little/no notice to people standing in line).

Now as someone who used to deal with customer complaints for another company, I would caution to make sure your complaint is a valid one and something that Disney can control. The Haunted Mansion stopping example is not something I'd personally write to them about because they usually stop the ride for disabled passengers to get on or for safety reasons if someone is taking too much time to get in a buggy... things like that can't necessarily be controled by Disney and therefore a complaint is really useless.

But if you have a valid complaint that really affects your experience then by all means email away
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~2014- Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*
    *~2015- Disney Parks Premier Passholder~*

• Done with MC.

Could this same access be used to commend a CM for a job well done and would it get back to their supervisor?

• DL Vistor Since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Could this same access be used to commend a CM for a job well done and would it get back to their supervisor?
    Absolutely!

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Just be as specific as possible, with names, dates, times and locations.
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse

Quote Originally Posted by the702senior09 View Post
    Now as someone who used to deal with customer complaints for another company, I would caution to make sure your complaint is a valid one and something that Disney can control. The Haunted Mansion stopping example is not something I'd personally write to them about because they usually stop the ride for disabled passengers to get on or for safety reasons if someone is taking too much time to get in a buggy... things like that can't necessarily be controled by Disney and therefore a complaint is really useless.
    Thank you for pointing this out. The Haunted Mansion stopping ever 6.5 minutes has everything to do with the fact that guests using wheelchairs are loaded into one specific set of Doombuggies, which only come around once per cycle, and the attraction cycle is 6.5 minutes long. Any other stops are due to guests being unable to board efficiently; if the guest gets too close to the end of the belt, the Attractions CM will slow or stop the belt so the guest can board safely.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• Foolish Mortal

I emailed them about the Matterhorn the other day, but never heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by the702senior09 View Post
    This is great advice, and I've contacted them before and received a phone call and my issue was resolved (mine was CMs who were extremely rude to my five year old brother, and also how they handle the switch out of Mater and McQueen with little/no notice to people standing in line).
    IDK when you mentioned this to them but the last few times I was in Carsland and they had to switch out the characters they announced it quite a few times. Maybe your complaint made the difference!!

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    Well I actually JUST heard back via phone from them! The lady was very nice and seemed to genuinely care about my concerns, and said I certainly wasn't the first person to contact them regarding the new sleds ride quality. She said she would forward my message on to her superior. I'm not sure what happens from there, but wow, it is very cool they took the time to call me to discuss the issue! Very impressed by their service! In case you might be wondering, the conversation was about 5 long or so.
    Last edited by moregumboplease; 07-24-2014 at 02:40 PM.

• Certified DL Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    IDK when you mentioned this to them but the last few times I was in Carsland and they had to switch out the characters they announced it quite a few times. Maybe your complaint made the difference!!
    I made my complaint in January. They had only given a two minute notice after we'd be standing in line for about twenty-five minutes. They switched from Lightning to Mater after the people in front of us and RIGHT IN FRONT OF my brother and I... so frustrating, lol. (Talk about first world problems). I have noticed on more recent trips they do exactly like you said and announce it a few times with more notice which is great. So maybe that's proof they listen?
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~2014- Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*
    *~2015- Disney Parks Premier Passholder~*

This is very useful information. This needs to be a sticky thread...

In my experience, it usually takes a few days to hear back from them. But every time I've emailed Disney, with positive or negative feedback, they've always responded.

Well I actually JUST heard back via phone from them! The lady was very nice and seemed to genuinely care about my concerns, and said I certainly wasn't the first person to contact them regarding the new sleds ride quality. She said she would forward my message on to her superior. I'm not sure what happens from there, but wow, it is very cool they took the time to call me to discuss the issue! Very impressed by their service! In case you might be wondering, the conversation was about 5 long or so.
    Wonderful! Yes, I've had the same positive experience with Disney in this regard too. And that goes for times I've expressed positive, and negative feedback (and for both Disneyland and WDW resorts).

• The doctor is in

I send Disney an email with feedback after every single visit.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast