Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    11

    Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    So, I was on youtube and came across the zip-a-dee-doo-dah lyrics from Song of the South. I was listening and heard a familiar noise, it was the park entrance noise whistle! Listen for yourself!



    The whistle is a few seconds after 1:55 of the video. It is so cool that they used the whistle from that! I am proud for finding that lol. I was just sharing with you guys to see if you guys knew about it. I didn't know until just today after I listened to this song.

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    974

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    So, I was on youtube and came across the zip-a-dee-doo-dah lyrics from Song of the South. I was listening and heard a familiar noise, it was the park entrance noise whistle! Listen for yourself!



    The whistle is a few seconds after 1:55 of the video. It is so cool that they used the whistle from that! I am proud for finding that lol. I was just sharing with you guys to see if you guys knew about it. I didn't know until just today after I listened to this song.
    Wow. Now I will always hear it when I come through the gates!
    Don't they use different sound effects as well?
    Wonder where those are from?
    I've watched the entire movie on Youtube (in installments) because it is not available otherwise. I wish they would release it on DVD. I know that it is not considered politically correct these days, but James Baskett/Uncle Remus was the best - definitely the hero, and superior in so many ways to other characters in the film, so ...

  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    11

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    Wow. Now I will always hear it when I come through the gates!
    Don't they use different sound effects as well?
    Wonder where those are from?
    I've watched the entire movie on Youtube (in installments) because it is not available otherwise. I wish they would release it on DVD. I know that it is not considered politically correct these days, but James Baskett/Uncle Remus was the best - definitely the hero, and superior in so many ways to other characters in the film, so ...
    This is the other one:

    I don't know where this is from, it probably isn't from a movie or whatever. Probably just made up. I believe the whistle is when you re-enter and the the one I just linked is the one when you first use your ticket. I may be wrong, it could be the other way around.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    974

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    This is the other one:

    I don't know where this is from, it probably isn't from a movie or whatever. Probably just made up. I believe the whistle is when you re-enter and the the one I just linked is the one when you first use your ticket. I may be wrong, it could be the other way around.
    Sounds like a magic wand sound effect. It might be from a particular movie, or not. Guess we'll have to be listening for it!

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    884

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    After listening to Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah since I was an infant, I instantly knew where the whistle sound was from the first time I heard it. It's also my text notification sound on my phone.

  6. #6

    • Your cadaverous pallor
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    No where in perticular
    Posts
    200

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    yes the whistle is from song of the south that was the first accorance of the sound also it is in the POTC the parrot in the q whistles it
    I Fresh baked!





  7. #7

    • Indiana Scott
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bothell Wa.
    Posts
    1,873

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    Great catch - I'll bet there isn't one in ten thousand people that know what that whistle is about when they go through the gate.

  8. #8

    • New Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    11

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    Hmm.. After looking around, I believe I found the wand effect/noise. Look at the WOC video, at 26:34 you will be able to hear the wand noise from Tinkerbell.



    Which sounds like:



    Although it kinda does sound different, just a little bit. The WOC sounds more "HD" than the park entrance noise.

  9. #9

    • Mrs. J. Depp
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,068

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    I have the 2 entry noises on my phone as tones. There is another sound, it's like a 'boi-oi-oing' sound, like a spring and it sounds when your scanned ticket doesn't work. Not sure where that noise might be from. Tigger or a Toontown sound?


    Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

  10. #10

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornton, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    5

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    The twitter notification for iPhones also uses a similar if not the same sound

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    519

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    There is also a chime for when you get a new photo associated with your Annual Pass. The CM will get a prompt on the screen to approve or reject the photo.


    The sound is similar to the iPhone "GLASS" tone.

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,315

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    The Twitter sound is very similar but has a lower tone to it.

  13. #13

    • Chief Troublemaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere, out there
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    I have the 'whistle' on my iPhone, too, as text notification. And my ringtone is 'Baroque Hoedown'. I'd love to find the 'wand' sound as a tone. I guess I can get one of my sons to do it now that the 'soundbite' is on this thread!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

  14. #14

    • Mrs. J. Depp
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,068

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I have the 'whistle' on my iPhone, too, as text notification. And my ringtone is 'Baroque Hoedown'. I'd love to find the 'wand' sound as a tone. I guess I can get one of my sons to do it now that the 'soundbite' is on this thread!
    I believe I also have Baroque Hoedown, though lets not be tricky, most know it as the Main Street Electrical Parade music
    I have the old Thunder Mountain safety spiel as my current ringtone. It's too awesome to ever change.


    Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    La Canada, CA
    Posts
    650

    Re: Did you guys know where the park entrance whistle is from?


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Do you know how many times you've been to the park? Anyone over 1K?
    By TriviaDan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 10:13 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 03:49 PM
  3. [Question] Did you guys know this about TDL's main entrance?
    By gurgi in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 04:37 AM
  4. Did you guys hear about this on the news? "Helping Pedophiles".
    By viewaskewniverse in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 08:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •