• Minion

Get Happier Mondays?

Does anyone know what happened to these? Disney was supposed to have some special happening every Monday, along the same lines of Limited Time Magic. All I have seen so far is all 7 Dwarfs meeting and nothing seems to have happened since. Have they just forgotten about this?

Re: Get Happier Mondays?

They have kept open Adventureland and Paradise Pier open after hours on different occasions to select guests. I believe for the PP one, the first 1500 guests were given special buttons allowing them to return for an hour after the park's closing. Special meet and greets were also offered at both.

They also gave away 600 cookies with the Get Happier Monday logo on them, also seen Vinylmation giveaway. they seem to be keeping up with it.

• Minion

I believe they gave away mouse ears at some point as well.

I'm pretty sure they have a Twitter hashtag associated with it? I don't use Twitter, but I'm pretty sure if you just looked for that you'd see exactly what they did each Monday for it.

I'm torn. We're heading to DL/DCA the week of August 10th, but I'm going during the weekdays, so I'm wondering if I should go Monday/Tues/Wed to experience the Get Happier Monday's or do something just like Tues/Wed/Thurs. It's only a select number of people who get this, right? Whatever it happens to be.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pure supercool View Post
    I'm torn. We're heading to DL/DCA the week of August 10th, but I'm going during the weekdays, so I'm wondering if I should go Monday/Tues/Wed to experience the Get Happier Monday's or do something just like Tues/Wed/Thurs. It's only a select number of people who get this, right? Whatever it happens to be.
    Depends how much you value what is likely to be a character meet and greet or small giveaway.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Depends how much you value what is likely to be a character meet and greet or small giveaway.
    I wouldn't adjust plans just for this. It could be great like extra hours or the special meet and greet where you have a chance to experience it, or it could be a cookie give away that is gone in 6 minutes. If your plans are set and there's nothing drawing you to Thursday vs Monday then no harm, but I wouldn't change flights or hotels over it
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    I wouldn't adjust plans just for this. It could be great like extra hours or the special meet and greet where you have a chance to experience it, or it could be a cookie give away that is gone in 6 minutes. If your plans are set and there's nothing drawing you to Thursday vs Monday then no harm, but I wouldn't change flights or hotels over it
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm

Yeah, no plans set in stone other than I'm going to DL/DCA for 3 days. However, we are driving down from Oregon, which is around a 16 hour drive including stops for gas and food. We'll get in early on Sunday and then settle into the hotel. Dunno if my friend and I will be anxious enough to get into the parks right away or if we want to give ourselves a day to recover and go Tues/Wed/Thurs.

Okay so some of the things like a giveaway can run out? That's good to know. I wasn't aware they were also handing out chances for a meet and greet. That's not something I'm too interested in.

I would say the "Get Happier Mondays" has been a FLOP. Little to no communication and no vibe through the internet confirms this. What were they thinking?

• Your cadaverous pallor

where do then even announce it? twitter? get in park wifi and then it would be better!
    I Fresh baked!

Quote Originally Posted by G242 View Post
    where do then even announce it? twitter? get in park wifi and then it would be better!
    I agree. Coming from Canada, I can't use the internet in the parks on my phone without paying insane roaming data costs. They do announce it on twitter, and even though I was aware there would be something special going on, I couldn't check and see when/where.

Disneyland Today is on Facebook and Twitter both. You can set it so you get notifications when DL Today posts anything on either if you are in the park, that way you aren't checking constantly. It might cause you to have to get out of line, park hop, run across the park though. Or you might be at the right place at the right time.