Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best food at Disneyland/ California adventures?

Ever since I got my Premium Disneyland Annual Passport, I have been going to Disneyland by myself quite a bit and I try to do specific things each time I go. I will be going again next week and want to try the best food both Disneyland and California Adventures has to offer. Not necessarily the most expensive (I don't really plan on going to the Blue Bayou to try something) but something more along the lines of soup in a bread bowl or Corn dogs. If anyone has a suggestion on the best food and where, please let me know thank you for your time!
    TerraGracey

Re: Best food at Disneyland/ California adventures?

My favorite inexpensive food in the park are the corn dogs.

In DCA go to the Corn Dog Castle and get their hot link - they also have regular corn dogs, but the hot link is delicious. In DL, the corn dog wagon on Main Street has regular, but quite tasty, corn dogs but can get long lines. I must, therefore, recommend getting your corn dogs at the Stage Door Cafe next to The Golden Horseshoe Saloon as it's not as crowded there.

• Ruler of Wasteland

Carnation Cafe has good food, but I would definitely recommend their PB&J soda... I dunno how but it taste perfect!
    "May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter," - Gandalf (from "The Chronicles of Narnia")

• Certified DL Addict

I had a Mint Julep for the first time this past weekend... it was amazing! Available at the back of NOS's French Market next to the train (But I know most people have had one of those)

I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious and affordable breakfast at River Bell Terrace was... and you have great views of ROA as well which is beautiful in the morning. I went with a friend on Monday morning before heading back to Vegas, it's a nice perk of having an AP that you can go to the park for just a meal

My favorite place in DCA is the wine lounge... I think it's called Alfresco Lounge. Great appetizers and a wonderful selection of wine. Plus it's got great views and it's a little off the beaten path.
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*

• Chief Troublemaker

The Carnation Cafe in DL has really good burgers & fries and I like Rancho Zocalo (although I know opinions are divided on that one). It's pretty 'basic' restaurant Mexican Food but it's always been tasty.

In DCA I really like Flo's V8's pork & Co-cola BBQ sauce. For more 'upscale' I like Wine Country Trattoria.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

I also like the Wine Country Trattoria, but the best thing, hands-down, IMHO, is the fried chicken at Plaza Gardens. The best I've had anywhere.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I like the chicken dinner at plaza inn. Ir is large and and shareable when I am there with my family. When its just me, I get the child's chicken meal and sub out the leg with a breast for a small additional charge. I get a filling but light meal. If you drink soda, they do free refills there.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Lurker

My go-to breakfast is always the Oscar's Choice at the Carnation Cafe. I'd recommend the ribs at Taste Pilot's Grill, but they don't serve those anymore.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by matman730 View Post
    My go-to breakfast is always the Oscar's Choice at the Carnation Cafe. I'd recommend the ribs at Taste Pilot's Grill, but they don't serve those anymore.
    Hmm I loved those too and was sad when they went. We also like the Lobster Nachos at the cove bar and it pairs nicely with a drink for a nice mid day break.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Minion

I love the corn dogs at the Corn Dog Wagon. I also like the pizza at the Village Haus. For snacks, the caramel corn at DCA is simply the tastiest food at Disneyland when it is still fresh.

In DCA Flo's is really good and in Disneyland Hungry Bear has some really good options.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Always a fan of the cheddar and garlic twist available in the new 'princess courtyard' off Main Street towards the castle - really delicious. Also recommended is the Gold Rush sundae at Ghiradelli in California Adventure, and I am very fond of the beef meatball skewer plate with tzatziki at Paradise Garden Grill also in DCA.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

You can never go wrong with a big fat turkey leg!  I always get one right before going on space mountain or something with a long line so I can eat it in line, because they take forever to eat!

• Evil is Sexy

A Dole Whip while enjoying the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room. *grins*

However, no trip is ever complete for us without a stop for one of their corn dogs. I swear they've added some kind of addictive additive in the batter.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Rock Star Minion

The Monte Carlo is pretty awesome, but I recommend sharing it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast