Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Site monitoring by Disney suits

Do you think Micechat is monitored by Disney suits and some post responded to,by their ghost poster's?
    If your looking for Alice she's not here...

• Certified DL Addict

Re: Site monitoring by Disney suits

I would guess they have people in Research and Marketing that look at sites like this, but I'd be interested to know if the executives ever take a peak. It's a good possibility with a site like this because it's extremely popular.
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*

• Disneyland Dreamer

They couldn't care less about MC, Dis, MousePlanet, etc.

People in their organizations... possibly... Colglazier... heck no.

•   
    • Minion

I don't know if they care about consumer opinions posted here, but from an HR standpoint - from what I understand, they do look at these boards and others.

It's the chief reason that posters are asked not to name Cast Members or post photos of them, and it's also the reason we caution CMs who post here to be very vague and avoid giving out any information that could identify them personally. It could risk their job.

And that's not only true for Disney; it's a good rule of thumb to avoid talking publicly about your employer online, because people HAVE been fired from what they've written online.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post

It's the chief reason that posters are asked not to name Cast Members or post photos of them, .
    Where is this called out? I've named and praised CMs in my TRs, and there's even pics.

No, it takes more than a village to raze a theme park.

Raze is most often used to refer to knocking buildings down for construction projects, but it can also describe tearing down other objects. You can raze the sand dunes in order to make the beach perfectly flat. Raze comes from the word rasen, meaning "to scrape or erase," and it sounds similar to the word erase, which can help you remember its meaning. If you raze something, in a way it has been erased — it no longer exists in its previous form.

• Down Pluto!

I doubt the suits look at sites like this - they have underlings to do that for them.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Where is this called out? I've named and praised CMs in my TRs, and there's even pics.
    If you look on any thread about CMs it's one of the first things that is said. And in the past when people have named CMs they've been reminded not to do so by the mods. As far as I know, the only CM it's okay to name is Maynard because everyone knows him.

If you look in this thread, one of the mods (penguinsoda) confirms this in post #6.

Familiar CM?
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Although not the executives, Marketing and research absolutely does look at sites like MC. It's pretty standard for social media departments to research what the fans are saying. I had to do this myself in a past job.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

If you personally know a CM or they agree to be photographed with you or by you when asked, etc, names are generally fine, as is talking about excellent service by a CM in general terms (a very friendly tram driver, person working an ODV cart who was helpful, entertaining Jungle Cruise skipper, etc).

It's an 'unofficial' practice more or less that we are careful about CM's being named or pictured without some level of knowledge on their part - just to err on the side of caution, as Disney is known to be strict about social media postings that negatively portray working at the parks or revealing 'too much'. We do not wish to inadvertently get any CM into trouble by accident, i.e., a member talking about them in detail in a critiquing (or even positive!) manner but accidentally revealing too much about working location or actions taken by a particular CM with descriptors enough so that management could identify the person in question.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

As mentioned just about all large companies keep an eye on what is said about them on social media these days....not necessarily by the "suits" but by marketing and PR related departments.

That being said I have no doubt that Disney takes what is posted by "fanboys" on a site like this with a grain of salt as they know it rarely reflects the feelings of the general public.

• Chief Troublemaker

Oh I absolutely think R & D monitors fan sites. Especially during periods of 'media attention', like the rent-a-GAC fiasco.

I've also seen a few threads &/or comments within threads that sounded (to me, at least) suspiciously like someone 'fishing' (as opposed to 'phishing') for opinions on potential ideas or for public opinion on potential responses to situations in the parks. It made me wonder if it was some Disney R & D person posting to see what Disney fans might think or react to something.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    If you personally know a CM or they agree to be photographed with you or by you when asked, etc, names are generally fine, as is talking about excellent service by a CM in general terms (a very friendly tram driver, person working an ODV cart who was helpful, entertaining Jungle Cruise skipper, etc).

It's an 'unofficial' practice more or less that we are careful about CM's being named or pictured without some level of knowledge on their part - just to err on the side of caution, as Disney is known to be strict about social media postings that negatively portray working at the parks or revealing 'too much'. We do not wish to inadvertently get any CM into trouble by accident, i.e., a member talking about them in detail in a critiquing (or even positive!) manner but accidentally revealing too much about working location or actions taken by a particular CM with descriptors enough so that management could identify the person in question.
    Interesting... I'll bear that in mind for future TRs. I had nothing but praise for them.

I'm sure Disney social media does.

As far as CMs, all companies have a policy saying you can be fired for using social media to say negative things about them, unless of course they can't prove it's you. I think it started with a flight attendant who had a blog or something criticizing the airline. She got fired. I think she was either using her real name, or not hiding the fact she was on there.

This was like 10 years ago when social media was taking off.

A bad screen name here would be : "Andy_smith_space_mountain_cm_at_disnyland1"

They clearly don't. And if they do they skim through them then forget everything they read a minute afterwards. They couldn't care less as every MiceChatter's opinion heard would mean 40$ less a day in their cash machines.

If their marketing research and development people looked at sites like MiceAge, Pooh would have never replaced Mr Toad in WDW or The Country Bears in DL, "Disney Parks", as a merged brand wouldnt have ever been thought of, Avatarland wouldnt have happened, the recent Club 33 expansion would have been unimagineable, merchandise would still be land, even attraction exclusive, etc etc etc etc etc etc. Long story short, if they did, they would be guided by and act based on what Disney fans actually like, want and expect, and it would be reflected on the parks.

I am 300% sure Disney's marketing research respondents are suburban moms at Walmart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast