Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Club 33 - Would you eat there more often is they served food similar to Ruth's Chris?

Members and non-members, guests and soon to be guests, would you enjoy Club 33 more and eat there more often if they served food similar to Ruth's Chris, The Smoke House, The Musso and Frank Gill, Lawry's, Tam O'Shanter, The Five Crowns, Mortons, and so on?

After our recent dinner at Club 33, I honestly have no desire to go back, at least to eat in the main dinning room. The appetizers in the jazz lounge are much more enjoyable.

What's your opinion?

With the addition of the large commercial kitchen, there is certainly room to increase the offerings , sure, they can continue to offer the usual fancied French cuisine, but I feel that many would truly enjoy a more Americanized offering. I won't go into great detail here as my feelings are quite obvious and I'm not here to convince or sway anyone towards my way of thinking.

I sure would enjoy a nice steak or prime rib served within the club. I'm not one to buy into small portions stacked neatly upon an over-sized plate, described using words such as 'deconstructed', 'tasting', 'essence', or 'sampling'.
    Somewhat reminds of Monty Python's 'Life of Brian' and the Roman Colosseum scene with the food vendor. "Lark's tognues. Otter's noses. Ocelot's spleens."

Imagine a filet like this served at the club!
    Name:  4A9C775478D7E49D7D797B43A1783E88.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  95.1 KB

Re: Club 33 - Would you eat there more often is they served food similar to Ruth's Ch

See also this thread.
    ______
    Rachane

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Club 33 - Would you eat there more often is they served food similar to Ruth's Ch

I'll eat there anytime I have an opportunity to. Changing the food will not change my frequency of dinning.

I will say I've eaten at practically all the high end steakhouses in this country, and my Chateaubriand I had on my one and only time to C33 stands up to any of them.

• Selfie Expert

I've been to Ruth's Chris a couple times, and compared to the other steakhouses I've been to (none on your list, but I've been to Mastro's and a few others) Ruth's Chris has been my favorite.

I will echo whoever in that the Chateaubriand I had at Club 33 is the only one I've personally had that compares to the filet at Ruth's Chris. Given that there's been a complete overhaul on the menu, though, I can't really compare the current fare since I haven't had it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Would I eat there more often? If I got to eat at Club 33 just once I'd be happy.

• I'm really at the Met.

Under Marcel I enjoyed the Vintner prix-fixed dinner on many occasions and loved every bit of it. Under Sutton, where we are currently forced to buy a multi course offering... see how long that lasts... I've been pleasantly surprised but on the whole miss Marcel's club presence... I felt like he was more accessible to members and was definitely more accomodating to parties' requests.

That said I love high-end steakhouses like Ruth's Chris. If the Club served such food I'd probably eat there about the same as I do currently and have for the past few years. However, most members of my family would definitely eat there a lot more often under such a menu change - family who typically would only ordered the chateaubriand anyway and are absolutely obsessed with steak (the kind of people who go to Andrea at Pelican Hill and forego their hand made pastas because they would rather have the steak). In that respect my Club experiences would probably involve family much more often rather than the conga line of friends and associates (and occasional dates) that accompany me.

In a loosely associated sidebar I agree with David A that the lounge food is on the whole better. My only qualification, though, is it's value. A cup (not a bowl) of chili is 22 bucks (filet mignon is in it, which raises the price, but in my serving it wasn't nearly loaded enough to justify that) and the sliders are 20 (though much more satisfying, the exact same sort of sliders command 15 bucks at Pelican Hill... which itself takes lessons from the Disney school of markup.) By the time you eat enough to qualify as a hearty lunch you may as well eat in the main dining room. The quality and flavor, however, definitely help ease the sting... there really isn't anything in its ballpark in these respects on Disney property for lunch.

I'm sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, but is Club 33 considered a steakhouse? Because the comparison places (I think) are mostly steakhouses, yes? Or does the comparison mainly come from the Chateaubriand being a cornerstone dish at the Club for quite some time? (or something else?)

• I'm really at the Met.

Club 33 is "continental" for lack of a better word (in the sense that its Euro-American fare) - not a steakhouse by any real definition as it really only offers one kind of steak on its menu at any one time, with the remainder consisting of varied meat dishes and fishes; things like Ratatouille and Dover Sole appeared from time to time. Under Marcel and previous chefs it could loosely be described as "Californian-French" I suppose - basically heartier dishes with a subtle Californian influence. Now it's doing some sort of southern-inspired thing... not really French at all.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    I'm sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, but is Club 33 considered a steakhouse? Because the comparison places (I think) are mostly steakhouses, yes? Or does the comparison mainly come from the Chateaubriand being a cornerstone dish at the Club for quite some time? (or something else?)
    Its just fine-dinning.

My wife had crab-stuffed Lobster, for example.

After looking at the current menu options, I don't know if I'd eat there at all. I'm not big into fish, and every course seems to consist of fish, or shellfish, or crustacean, or flat out arachnid (Ok, an arthropod) on a plate, which I'm not interested in.

If it were more like a steak house, it would fit my palate a whole lot more.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    [...]nd my Chateaubriand I had on my one and only time to C33 stands up to any of them.
    I will echo this. I am sad this was removed from the menu. It was mouth wateringly good. My favorite item on the menu and as good as any steak I've had anywhere else.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Oh yes, we miss the Chateau tremendously. It was the club's signature dish and always wonderful.

I also miss the lamb osso bucco.

Marcel my old friend, if you ever read this forum, you'll quickly learn that your missed.

The club has become an offshoot of Napa Rose, only in a different wrapper. A combination of Mimi's Cafe and Napa Rose. Thank you TDA!

I only wonder what's next for Club 33. Besides the alleged near doubling of dues estimated in 2015, I'm quite sure they'll be cutting back gold and silver benefits somehow, somewhere.

• Suspended

I don't really understand the question. If the food at Ruth's Chris is better... why not just eat there? There will always be places with better food (at more reasonable prices) than Club 33. That is true of any restaurant at Disneyland. Although they have worked really hard to make Napa Rose the shining star of the resort so I can definitely see the need to try to align the club to those standards.

Somehow though, I doubt the real point of Club 33 is fine dining.

Quote Originally Posted by David A View Post
    The club has become an offshoot of Napa Rose, only in a different wrapper. A combination of Mimi's Cafe and Napa Rose. Thank you TDA!
    Am I wrong in thinking that Napa Rose is the most highly acclaimed restaurant at the resort? Obviously there was a problem with Club 33, as execs were choosing to host their dinners and receptions at Napa Rose over the facilty built especially for that purpose. Napa Rose is also a favorite of visiting celebrities and studio talent.

I would wager, as I had done before, that the changes at the club represent a desire to bring it back in line with the original intention of the club: a meeting place for movers and shakers, with the best food offered at the resort. If Napa Rose was getting better reviews with those who matter, it absolutely makes sense to model Club 33 after them.

You are correct, Napa Rose has earned a better reputation than the club, but one must consider the shear volume of guests at Napa Rose who can go online and register praise. It's all quite interesting.
    Many members I know actually choose not to dine at the club because the food is extremely over-priced and not to their taste. If you notice, lots of people mention the Chateau. Hey, this is America and while you may try to tell us what fine dining is, Americans love beef and slightly heartier fare.
    Offering a fare similar to the well known steak houses of the US would be a most welcome addition and I'm very sure more members would utilize the main dining room.
    I understand your statement about "If the food at Ruth's Chris is better... why not just eat there?" Well, if Ruth's Chris had the Haunted Mansion, POTC and steam train, I most certainly would.
    You'll find that most members really enjoy the park.

• Disneyland Dreamer

If the fare is not to your liking while dinning there under the new menu, call out the Chef and let him know. Nothings going to change if people keep to themselves about it.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast