Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forget Avengers, if we get a Marvel attraction....

.... Guardians of the Galaxy is where it's at. Now, I know there are plenty of Disney purists here, and I totally respect that, but Marvel is inevitable at this point. Maybe I'm still riding a high of just seeing it, but IMO it's the best Marvel film, and of Tomorrowland is to be Sci - Fi land, may as well go nuts with it. Great film btw for those who haven't seen it.
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Re: Forget Avengers, if we get a Marvel attraction....

After seeing Guardians, I can definetely say I'd like to see some kind of attraction. Hell, I can practically already see an interactive animatronic of Rocket, standing on Groot's shoulder and riffing on the people who walk by, kinda like a PG version of Chucky's Insult Emporium.

"Unbelievable. They call us the criminals, when this guy's the one assaulting us with that haircut!"
    Last edited by Muntgrumble; 08-03-2014 at 02:12 PM.

• The doctor is in

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy this morning and I am completely on board with including this group of characters into a Tomorrowland attraction. The humor alone would make a very fun thing to put into the theater that currently has Captain EO.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

I'm really surprised that Disney is dragging their feet to add A big presence of Marvel to an existing park or an additional park.

Marvel is huge right now and people want more. Guardians of the Galaxy again proves that people enjoy these characters and would make an exciting new themed land.

Im all for an elaborate new theme park area themed to Guardians of the Galaxy and all the different lands and planets that area showcased in this awesome movie.

Another indoor coaster would be awesome, I would love to fly into the mining colony inside the head of the floating deity. A well done coaster with plenty of special effects would be awesome.

and why didn't Disney add a meet and greet for this characters. That was a missed opportunity that would have been very profitable if they had merchandise for the movie next to it

•   
    • FastPass+ Expert

Blog Entries

Because of the legal restrictions, Marvel experiences will be exclusive to DLR. That being said, I feel like if DLR gets exclusive use of that IP, WDW should get exclusive use of the Star Wars IP. If you want to enjoy a Marvel experience, travel to DLR. If you want to enjoy a Star Wars experience, travel to DHS.

Retheme Tomorrowland around Marvel and retheme a portion of DHS around SW.

EDIT: Yes that means replacing Star Tours in DL.
    PlutoHasFleas: The MiceChat Blog
    "You are not the first to pass this way, but honestly, it's been a while." - Maelstrom

Totally onboard for this. I loved the movie, and they at least need to do some kind of small attraction for Marvel, if not a whole land. The humour and visuals were both fantastic, and I think it could make for an incredible ride.

• Minion

When they had that three way fight on Xander before they were all arrested, looking at the background I was thinking, "THAT is what Tomorrowland should look like."

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    Because of the legal restrictions, Marvel experiences will be exclusive to DLR..
    Contrary to popular belief, this may not be true. It's possible that there's not a single character in the new Guardians of the Galaxy film that is licensed to Universal Orlando, thereby making them available to WDW for use in their parks (as long as the "Marvel" brand is not featured anywhere and the attraction is not advertised east of the Mississippi River). It's been a while since I looked at the Marvel/Universal contract, but I think this is one of the few Marvel properties Universal Orlando can't stake a claim to.

• Shablagoo!

It should be noted that there is a GotG preview in Disney Hollywood Studios. It seems that Universal may not have the theme park rights to these characters.

As much as I liked Guardians, I think Big Hero 6 would be a better fit for Disneyland and has a better chance of being an attraction out in WDW. But that's just me...I can't wait till that movie comes out.

• Down Pluto!

No, just no.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

I, too, have been thinking about how great a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction could be! Glad I'm not the only one.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 9.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I'm really surprised that Disney is dragging their feet to add A big presence of Marvel to an existing park or an additional park.

Marvel is huge right now and people want more. Guardians of the Galaxy again proves that people enjoy these characters and would make an exciting new themed land.

Im all for an elaborate new theme park area themed to Guardians of the Galaxy and all the different lands and planets that area showcased in this awesome movie.

Another indoor coaster would be awesome, I would love to fly into the mining colony inside the head of the floating deity. A well done coaster with plenty of special effects would be awesome.

and why didn't Disney add a meet and greet for this characters. That was a missed opportunity that would have been very profitable if they had merchandise for the movie next to it
    While I agree that GotG was one of the best Marvel releases (IMHO) and has potential for an attraction, 1) the attractions that I imagined from the film fell into the simulator type (Star Wars), and I am not a fan of simulator attractions, and 2) Everything Marvel needs to be in it's own Marvel Universe park.

There are just too many branches to the Marvel Universe. Every time any individual element is given an attraction only weakens whatever Land it's being stuffed into, and if more than one, fails to provide enough context to support them properly.

They call it the Marvel Universe for a reason. To properly support that Universe, they need to create a park that provides each "galaxy" enough background to give those attractions and characters the environment it takes to convey it appropriately.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

3rd gate seems the best route to go, but thats a lonnnggg ways off if ever, and disney wants that presence now.

That being said, Guardians does seem like a fit for Tomorrowland, though it seems most marvel properties other than Thor fit Tomorrowland, that have been seen on screen thus far
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• secure all cargo

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    ...Everything Marvel needs to be in it's own Marvel Universe park.

There are just too many branches to the Marvel Universe. Every time any individual element is given an attraction only weakens whatever Land it's being stuffed into, and if more than one, fails to provide enough context to support them properly...
    I'm fine with a single ride in Tomorrowland, but I do prefer Marvel Park. Or at the very least Marvel Land as a section of a park like how it is at IOA. If they can make an entire land out of a single film like Avatar or the first Cars movie, they'll certainly be able to find enough stuff from 10 superhero movies for at least an entire land if not park.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast