Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Foolish Mortal

Is parking still valid during blockout dates?

I searched the DL site and came up short regarding being able to park in M&F or Toy Story lot if your pass (with parking on it) is currently blocked. I called the customer service line but it was closed. Does anyone know if we can still park in the structure still since our Socal AP is currently blocked?

Thanks.

**Update**
    Well I finally got in touch with a live human in their customer service department and was told that if your Socal Select, Socal or Deluxe pass is blocked that day, so is your parking (if you have it on your pass).
    Last edited by moregumboplease; 08-04-2014 at 10:58 AM.

• Minion

Re: Is parking still valid during blockout dates?

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    I searched the DL site and came up short regarding being able to park in M&F or Toy Story lot if your pass (with parking on it) is currently blocked. I called the customer service line but it was closed. Does anyone know if we can still park in the structure still since our Socal AP is currently blocked?

Thanks.
    Earlier this year we had tried out having SoCalSelect passes. We got parking on one of them.
    One day we went to the park as usual, parked in Mickey & Friends as usual, got up to the gate at DCA and had a (surprisingly surly) CM practically spit out the words "You're blocked." (I really would have expected a more polite "Sorry, your pass is not valid today." or "Sorry, your pass is blocked today." or something like this).
    Anyhow, we were careful not to find ourselves in that situation again - such a dissappointment! We did eventually upgrade back to Premium, too.
    Sooo ... it does seem that if you have paid extra for parking, it's good all year round, even on days your entry to the parks is blocked on your level pass.

It used to be that you could park even if your pass was blocked, and a lot of people complained about it, saying, "If parking had told me I was blocked I wouldn't have came all the way to the main entrance." My info is from 5 months ago, though, so I could see them changing that with the May ticket price changes. But you can always pay for it, take your parking stub, and ask the ticket booths or guest relations.

I can't find it now but there used to be an AP FAQ that I am pretty sure specified that the parking benefit IS valid on blockout dates, purposefully. Last I looked at it there was one caveat: not July 4. Of course it likely falls under their usual heading of "subject to change without notice", but as far as I know, you should be able to park even if your pass is not valid. They might have changed it when they got rid of blockout tickets, but if so, I haven't seen it in writing one way or the other.

Its happen to my family a couple times....they always let us park but sometimes the cast member let us know before we parked that the pass we used is blockout for thr day

Correct me if I'm wrong, but adding parking to Deluxe or SoCal Select is the same price with different blackout days. They should have different prices for less days, but don't. Therefore, parking should be O.K. any day. If you are doing DTD, they want your shopping dollars. If you are buying an additional ticket to the parks, since you are blacked out, they want your money.

• Foolish Mortal

Well I finally got in touch with a live human in their customer service department and was told that if your Socal Select, Socal or Deluxe pass is blocked that day, so is your parking (if you have it on your pass).

Thanks everyone for your replies.

With the last price increase Disney took away the ability to use your parking pass on a blockout day. It use to be that the only dates that were blocked were July 4th and Dec 31st.

With the elimination of blockout day tickets, it makes sense to have your parking pass correspond with your APs blockout dates.
    Last edited by Ryan120420; 08-03-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post

Thanks everyone for your replies.
    I didn't get here quickly enough, but I can verify this from first hand experience. I showed up on a blockout day to renew my pass and after I handed my pass with parking to the CM in the booth in M&F, he told me I was blocked, so my parking wasn't valid.

Sort of seems like parking should be cheapest for SoCal Slct, and most expensive for the Deluxe.

It would seem like a good idea to check blockout date calendar before leaving for the park if you know that your pass(es) have specific days blocked out, no ?

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    It would seem like a good idea to check blockout date calendar before leaving for the park if you know that your pass(es) have specific days blocked out, no ?
    That is a great point, as SoCal APH's, we always check before heading out to the parks. This becomes even more relevant now that they changed the parking policy to no longer include blockout dates.

If the parking price is the same for So Cal Select, So Cal and Deluxe, there should not be a block out for parking. If you are going to block me, charge me less.

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    If the parking price is the same for So Cal Select, So Cal and Deluxe, there should not be a block out for parking. If you are going to block me, charge me less.
    Totally agree, it should also be tiered to the coinciding pass.

They arent going to lower parking charges on the lower tier passes, that would be taking money out of their pockets. Someone who is going to pay for parking is going to pay for it either way. They ultimately might raise parking prices for SoCal and Deluxe but I dont think it is a big enough issue that they worry about it.

The reasoning is probably more along the lines of "adding parking is X, and therefore a better discount for Deluxe" rather than making tiered parking rates for the lower tiered passes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast