Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Pan Ride

Talking Peter Pan Ride

I never understood why is the Peter Pan ride so popular? As in it being a 45-60 minute wait time than all the other rides around? What makes it so popular and draws people to it? I always liked it but was never crazed about it like others haha.

• MargyDisneylandLover

Re: Peter Pan Ride

I think it's the fact that you are flying not many other dark rides can make you feel like you are flying.
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

part of it is just because of low capacity, i think? otherwise i always just assumed it was cause people were really into the whole ceiling track ride system. never been crazy about it myself either.

The flying feeling gives probably the most magical sensation in Fantasyland.

DL could really do with another suspended/flying type ride using that system. My vote would be for an Aladdin's Flying Carpet darkride. Make it a couple minutes longer, though!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• Done with MC.

It's not worth a 45~60 minute wait for us either but we enjoy the ride very much. We'll wait 20 to 30 minutes tops.

I have to agree...

I really don't understand the attraction to this ride. My wife absolutely loves the ride, and I just don't get it. I mean, it's not a bad ride... but it's nothing great. Kinda Meh...

A couple years back, I remember taking our kids on it. Wife took the older, and I took the younger (who would have been about 6 at the time). We stood in line for about 45 mins (typical). The entire ride felt like it took about 2 mins, and then suddenly it was over! As we were getting out of the boat, the only thing my youngest kid said was; "well, that sucked". Kinda cheeky, especially for a 6 year old... but honestly, he said exactly what I was thinking!

I love that ride. I love flying over London! Even if the best part of the ride is only a few seconds long, it really does give me a magical, child-like feeling.
    But, yeah....the 40 min wait is insane! Because of the wait time I only get to ride it ever 3-5 years. Depending on the crowd, really. As much as I love it I really can't see waiting more than 20 mins for it.

Honestly, even though it's a short ride, it has a unique ride system, and the scene where you're surrounded by the stars is beautiful.
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

I dont wait more than 15-20 minutes for a ride. When we get to the park we decide which popular rides to hit first. We usually leave by 12 or 1 as the park gets crowded.

We go to fantasy land and do peter pan/dumbo/alice in wonderland

or we do space mountain/star tours/autopia or

radiator springs/toy story midway/soaring

In a given day we generally are only able to do one plus other rides that get wait times later. We usually do the tomorrowland sequence.

Peter pan is a great ride if you only wait 15 minutes.

Is the 40-minute wait a relatively recent thing? I remember going to Disneyland a lot in my teens and twenties and the max wait time for any of the Fantasyland dark rides was about 20 minutes. My memory could be fuzzy, though.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

• Minion

I think the ride is great, but I never ride it because the wait is way too long for me.

• ...and the Flowers Croon

Nothing captures that Disney magic for me quite like Peter Pan. When you round that first curve and hear "You Can Fly!" my heart just soars. It's the essence of Disney.

• Minion

ORDDU: I agree with those who say it's a low capacity ride which just makes it SEEM as though it's more popular than it really is. Most of the other ride vehicles in Fantasyland can accommodate more riders per vehicle than can the flying ship.

When is Peter Pan going back under for the rumored upgrades to the ride?

Quote Originally Posted by joshteevee View Post
    Is the 40-minute wait a relatively recent thing? I remember going to Disneyland a lot in my teens and twenties and the max wait time for any of the Fantasyland dark rides was about 20 minutes. My memory could be fuzzy, though.
    For the most part, only Peter Pan and Alice get longer than 20 mins. Most days PP spends part of the day in the 45 minute range, but for the most part is about 30 minutes. Alice is usually around 30 minutes but can also get up to 45.

The rest of the dark rides spend most of the day in the 10 minute range but during peak hours can go upto 30 minutes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast