DL military discount

Not sure if anyone has said anything about this, I don't think it's been going on for too long. If you, or someone you know is active or retired military you can get 3 day park hoppers for $130! Which is cheaper than a one day ticket. The terms and conditions are kind of funky; here's the link for the DL website.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/military-park-tickets/

Hadn't seen anything on here the past couple days so I thought I would throw that out there! You can buy up to six tickets too, pretty good deal if ya ask me

"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either." - Walt Disney

Re: DL military discount

I've never quite understood why things like this (with any company, not just Disney) only apply to active or retired military. My husband was an infantry Marine who went overseas and put his life on the line, but he doesn't get perks like this. Not to say that one persons job is more important than another, but I think it's fair to say that anyone who's dedicated years of their life to the armed forces and received an honorable discharge, should get perks like this.

• Evil is Sexy

Their "Military Salute" tickets have been going on since before we arrived last year. You can purchase up to 6 tickets per valid military ID. They are available through the MWR and at the ticket booths in the esplanade.

As for why your husband has no military ID for being honorably discharged - has he tried applying for a state appointed veteran or military ID or even a VIC? Heck many states let active and former military put their branch's symbol on their driver's license. Most of these require a DD 214 to prove prior service.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    I've never quite understood why things like this (with any company, not just Disney) only apply to active or retired military. My husband was an infantry Marine who went overseas and put his life on the line, but he doesn't get perks like this. Not to say that one persons job is more important than another, but I think it's fair to say that anyone who's dedicated years of their life to the armed forces and received an honorable discharge, should get perks like this.

Not really different then any other type of benefits provided in other jobs, you get the benefits as long as your employed, or spend the time needed to retire with benefits, otherwise you lose them. Line has to be drawn somewhere as to who is included.

• The doctor is in

I purchased the military tickets in 2012 and it was a great deal. The only difficulty I had was not being able to purchase them at MWR on my base because they didn't have the tickets, or so they said. I had to wait and buy them when I arrived but I didn't have any issues. I just had to show my ID card at the ticket booth.

As for the discounted tickets only being available for active and retired, there are certain perks you receive as someone who is still in or stayed in long enough to retire. That's just the way it is. I don't have my ID card anymore and am now not eligible for military discounts like I once was (movie tickets, food, etc.) and I don't have an issue with that. I chose to leave and with that choice came acceptance that I wasn't eligible for certain things anymore.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.