Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Survey

Marvel Survey

Interesting bit on the Daveland Blog:

Davelandblog: Disneyland Gets Marvel-ous

Gaging interest on getting more Marvel IP in the parks. Not sure about Mickey dressed as Spiderman though!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Re: Marvel Survey

Well it wouldn't be too odd, as Mickey& friends have dressed as Star Wars characters

Spiderman...nah, Mickey would be more a Captain America

Biased articles will be biased though *shrug*
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

•   
    • Minion

I would love to see any of the Marvel characters in the parks but I would go with the Hulk first!

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Well it wouldn't be too odd, as Mickey& friends have dressed as Star Wars characters
    Yeah, I know. I'm not crazy about that either, but I guess kids like it.

• Minion

I guess this supports the Marvel Meet and Greet area rumor for DCA

• Queen Elsa

I've said it once before and I'll say it again. Marvel dose not belong in Disney. I'm not a Marvel fan and will never surport this ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG View Post
    Interesting bit on the Daveland Blog:

Davelandblog: Disneyland Gets Marvel-ous

Gaging interest on getting more Marvel IP in the parks. Not sure about Mickey dressed as Spiderman though!
    The Emporium on Main Street has been stocked with plushes of Mickey Ironman and Mickey Spiderman for a while though! I took a picture of it back in December 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I've said it once before and I'll say it again. Marvel dose not belong in Disney. I'm not a Marvel fan and will never surport this ever.
    Lots of folks feel that way, but I think a lot of people want Marvel/Star Wars, or at least don't mind if they show up in the parks. It's probably happening given Disney's investment in the IP.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgwacie View Post
    The Emporium on Main Street has been stocked with plushes of Mickey Ironman and Mickey Spiderman for a while though! I took a picture of it back in December 2013.
    Hmm, I'm heading there next in October; I'll check it out.

Which reminds me; Disney has the Cars/Star Wars hybrids over in Cars Land. Darth Mater anyone?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by SSG View Post
    Lots of folks feel that way, but I think a lot of people want Marvel/Star Wars, or at least don't mind if they show up in the parks. It's probably happening given Disney's investment in the IP.
    Forgone conclusion at this point. Disney needs something for the boys with the strength of the Disney Princess line already for the girls. Marvel seems to fit that criteria
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

My view is this: I would rather Marvel get it's own 3rd gate, but Marvel in the parks as they stand, is pretty much an inevitability. You can kick, scream, whatever, they spent a LOT of money on that IP, and the films have been insanely popular. Since it is basically inevitable, I'd rather they at least do the brand justice. I'm in a position where I am a huge Disneyland fan AND a huge Marvel fan. It's interesting, because I see the Disney purists angry and worried that it will take away and not belong because "It's not Disney", on the other end, Marvel fans were worried the Disney buyout would ruin Marvel. I don't want to see Marvel shoehorned into Disneyland and not make sense because 1)It takes away from the immersion at the parks, but it also cheapens an IP that can be made into an incredible attraction, or series of attractions. Star Tours was a fitting addition to Tomorrowland, IMO (keep in mind, I wasn't around for the classic Tomorrowland of the 50's, 60's and 70's, so understand why for me personally, it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb as it does older members. It's something that's been there since I was a kid. (I also think somehow my age group gets forgotten when people wax nostalgic about Disneyland of yore, we have fond memories of stuff too) In my other thread, I mentioned that since Tomorrowland is more of Sci-fi Land these days, with no real coherent theme any more, the least they can do is shore that up and at least get on the same level so it's not some schizophrenic hodge podge of Star Wars and Pixar with a lazy steampunk paint job.
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

• Minion

I don't think it really bothers me too much one way or another. I'd rather they spend enough money on whatever they are planning and make sure it is well done, that is more important to me than whatever characters they decide to use. I'd rather see an original concept but if it's going to have characters I don't think I mind too much whether it's Snow White or Spiderman, just as long as they fit in the land.

Am I the only one who wears the correct contact lenses to see the giant Guardians Of The Galaxy 3-D attraction currently operating in Tomorrowland this summer?!?

Star Wars in the parks since 1986 (Star Tours)
    Indiana Jones in the parks since 1995 (Indiana Jones Adventure)
    Pixar in the parks since 2001 (It's Tough To Be A Bug)
    Marvel in the parks since 2013 (Innoventions)

And people cry that Disney was too stupid to grab the Potter franchise a decade ago and lost that mega-hit to the Universal parks.

But Marvel in a themed environment inside Disneyland (not likely the location) or DCA (VERY likely the location) and APs scream bloody murder and get ready to cancel their APs. Huh?

Is it just me, or does that make no sense whatsoever? Especially with Marvel characters already existing in Tomorrowland and with Mickey Marvel merchandise already for sale in The Emporium and Star Trader and World of Disney?

I'd prefer Marvel be in a third gate and I will say that DC is better than Marvel any day of the week.

• Special Agent

Yeah, it's a little late to stage the "No IPs in the park" fight. About 30 years too late.

It would be silly to build out a huge Marvel Presence in Tomorrowland since Star Tours already gives Star Wars a better footin for expansion there. I could see something temporary going into DCA should Marvel get kicked out of Star Wars Land, but otherwise it should be saved for the third park.

But the third park is probably decades away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast