Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Star Wars "Significant presence" in Disney Theme Parks

Just read this article. https://movies.yahoo.com/news/signif...213708757.html

So to all of you psychics, does this indicate rumors of Disneyland turning Tomorrow Land into Star Wars Land more than likely true? Or do you think they will focus on other parks?

Re: Star Wars "Significant presence" in Disney Theme Parks

I imagine they'll start slowly with character appearances and more subtle tie-ins and wait for the first installment to break prior to committing to a major attraction (if only to get inspiration from the film).

Though I am not totally against Star Wars in Disneyland, I'd still like to see some original non-IP/branded rides like they used to do or like they did with Mystic Manor in HK.

BTW - I wonder what Walt would think of Bob Iger? Especially this last comment attributed to him in that article.

When asked if Disney was looking to broker new licensing deals with other franchise owners for attractions the way it did with James Cameron’s “Avatar,” Iger dismissed the notion, citing properties owned by Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilm,

“We don’t have to license from third parties,” he said. “We own them all.”

Quote Originally Posted by bingocimo View Post

Though I am not totally against Star Wars in Disneyland, I'd still like to see some original non-IP/branded rides like they used to do or like they did with Mystic Manor in HK.

In that article Iger pretty much says it all when he says: "As we spend money at the parks on new attractions that are based on known brands, the likelihood of their success is greater," Iger said. "You're going to see better bets being made."

•   
    • Minion

When it comes to putting Star Wars or Marvel in the parks it would be really dumb for Disney to not do it. As a fan I just hope they do it with as much detail as CL and BVS.

• #bringevilback

I highly doubly we will see any "new" attractions...everything will be branded as it not only increases interest and instant draw for the attraction it also helps boost sales for the original brand. What was the last original attraction inside disneyland? DCA had original attractions but for DL, it goes what, Buzz, Pooh, Indy, roger rabbit...so what, Splash is the last unbranded one, if you ignore the Song of the South? If not you'd have to go back to Thunder...yikes! Yeah, don't count on an original attraction...
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse

"I've got a bad feeling about this"
    Last edited by DebG; 08-05-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    G.K Chesterson

• Can Only Wish For More!

Attention Star Wars Fans: Disney Is Going To Build A Star Wars Theme Park: LAist

I was about to post this. Seems interesting, but I hope they actually do it right, and not just try to cram things in where ever there might just be a spot.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Iron-Clad Allie

The focus is on Star Wars Land big time! All the other Disney parks will want one, but their chances will be remote regarding getting a full fledged mini land. hee hee! Legoland will likely want a Star Wars Lego-Verse. i can see Universal attempting to conjure up a Quidditch Wars Land, and Sea World a Darth Shamu Strikes Back show....
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-06-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

I've been saying this for a while now, the Star Wars presence is going to be big. I can imagine there being new attractions or lands announced. After the success of the WWOHP at Universal and Carsland at DCA, there's no way Disney does anything less for what will be the biggest money maker they have. Now, the real question is, which park gets it first?

If Tomorrowland is completely turned into a Star Wars land, I will be calling for a hostile takeover of the TWDC and for a new CEO to sell off the rights to Star Wars.

• film975

I'd imagine that both Star Wars and Marvel are going to be big additions to all Disney parks in the near future. But whatever they decide to do, I hope it is done well. Part of me is wondering if Mr. Iger will make that big announcement at next year's D23 Expo. I also wonder if we will get the first trailer for Star Wars Episode 7 then too.

I think WDW and Paris get the full fledged land while the e-ticket attraction gets cloned for DL (could see it in Tomorrowland or leftover space behind ToT).

"Disney" used to be the brand. The trademark was enough to put butts in the seats. The name no longer has the power to do so because "Disney" has been creatively bankrupt for 20 years!

Star Wars may be getting its own park!!

This is actually going to be a terrible rumor for Disney. The original post came from Variety: Significant ‘Star Wars’ Presence Planned for Disney Theme Parks | Variety which stated what we at micechat have been following for about two years, since the moment Disney acquired Lucas and stated that there would be an expanded presence in the parks. LAist took this to a terrible level for Disney PR with Attention Star Wars Fans: Disney Is Going To Build A Star Wars Theme Park: LAist. Now the rumor will stop being more Star Wars and will become 3rd Gate. When they are finally ready to announce their plan to gut Tomorrowland that's been rumored for months, it won't be just the micechatters that are pissed, it will be a whole ton of people across the country who were expecting a new park. Iger's going to have to clarify this quick or it's going to spin so far out of control it's going to hurt.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast