Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking What Marvel ride should come to disneyland

I was just wondering that since star wars is coming to disney parks, what marvel themed ride should come to the disney parks.

• Seed and Mulch

Re: What Marvel ride should come to disneyland

Assuming ...

1. That a Marvel attraction will be built, and
    2. There's no third gate coming

... (both of which are pretty good assumptions, imho), I'd build a Backlot Tour-style "Here's how we make Marvel movies" attraction at DCA's Hollywoodland. The finale would be a Old-Universal-King Kong-style show scene where the ride vehicle travels right through the middle of a 1/2 destroyed NYC with superhero and villain Audio-Animatronics fighting in all directions. The queue would have props from the films (like the Great Movie Ride).

Ok, am I the only one weirded out every time someone says "Star Wars is coming"? It's been here for almost 30 years in the parks. I know it probably means an expanded Star Wars presence, but I guess I'm a stickler for accuracy :-p. That being said, "Guardians of the Galaxy" has got to be the most beloved Marvel movie yet, fans really have latched onto it hard. It would also work in Tomorrowland better than other Marvel stuff.
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

• -

I want a well done Marvel themed dark ride on the scale of Pirates or Haunted Mansion. With such a robust history of story telling, they should be able to draw on one of the classic storylines to turn into a great ride.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
    Ok, am I the only one weirded out every time someone says "Star Wars is coming"? It's been here for almost 30 years in the parks. I know it probably means an expanded Star Wars presence, but I guess I'm a stickler for accuracy :-p. That being said, "Guardians of the Galaxy" has got to be the most beloved Marvel movie yet, fans really have latched onto it hard. It would also work in Tomorrowland better than other Marvel stuff.
    What they mean by that is a larger Star Wars presence than just a ride and a show.

I always figured they would replace Captain EO with some sort of Marvel thingy at some point.

• Down Pluto!

None.

No, just no.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Sign me up for a Marvel ride. Make it a good, fun, immersive ride and people will love it and not care that Walt never heard of Marvel.

•   
    • Minion

TL could use anything from the Guardians of the Galaxy universe IMO. Also Tony stark represents the vision of tomorrow they could use that to make some sort of attraction in TL. They could really make exciting attractions out of just those two franchises. Whether people like it or not they cn fit into TL just fine. People just want to hate on the idea to hate on it I think. Disney is a media company they would be pretty dumb not to try and use their most popular IPs. Yes Marvel and Lucasfilms is Disney's now it's ok for them to be in the parks IMO. In the case of Lucasfilms it has already been there for a long time now. Marvel is already there and done very well for the limited space it had to work with it. I would rather see a full blown attraction already to go with the meet and greets.

I was thinking the same thing about tony stark representing the future and i thought disney should replace innoventions with a stark expo and change captain EO to an adventure with the guardians of the galaxy.

• Singing Drinker

World's Fair 2028 (or whatever year - pick a year, any year).

Tony Stark Industries Pavilion. Professor Xavier's School outreach center. That sort of thing. The Pavilion I would *love* to see done as a loving homage to the old school World's Fair pavilions - not a parody, but an update with Marvel technology.

The ride I'd have be based from Xavier's pavilion. Touring the School, Xavier (or whomever) senses mutant potential in your group, induction interrupted by the Brotherhood (I admit, I'm an old school X-men fan) and the ride takes off from there. Best case would be a combination of live actors and practical effects, but times being what they are it'd probably all get slung together into a Transformers-style motion base/3D hybrid ride.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

As much as I really liked GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, if Disney makes a ride based on Marvel it will have something to do with THE AVENGERS.

I like your idea calsig31 about a dark ride on the scale of Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion, that would be epic. But instead of a slow moving boat or omnimover I would want ride vehicles like Revenge of The Mummy and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts on a coaster track so it could be a thrill ride.

I'm cool with *some* projection screens, but most of it should be practical sets with animatronic figures like PotC. Can you imagine how cool full-size Iron Man or The Incredible Hulk animatronic figures would be? That would be awesome!

• The doctor is in

After seeing Guardians of the Galaxy I would be onboard with a Guardians takeover of the Tomorrowland theater. I love Captain EO and all, but it's time for that to be retired again. The Guardians are hilarious, the characters are likeable, and they could put together a really fun show to go in there. It would be better than a Stark Expo takeover of Innoventions, for sure.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

WOW...... I am an old man ....then hall and oates it is !!!!!

I think the interesting thing about Marvel is that all their movies are tied in to the same universe (everything release by Marvel Studios, so no X Men or Spider Man). They wouldn't need to theme it around one character (Iron Man or Star Lord) or one franchise (Avengers or GOTG) because they all intertwine. I've heard that members of GOTG will show up in Avengers 2 in some respect, though that could be wrong.

Basically, they could just have a "Marvel" ride and incorporate something like 15 heroes against one or two big time villains. They wouldn't be tied down to just one character. I don't know the best type of ride to do it, but the possibilities seem pretty promising.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast