Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Looking for experiences with the BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites

We have a reservation for next July for 5 nights. Have you stayed there? What did you like/dislike? We are kind of torn between this place and Park Vue Inn and the BW Plus Anaheim Inn. Which do you prefer and why? I like the Park Place Inn and it has the best priceing, but the Breakfast buffet over the Captain Kidd joint is kind of bothersome. I spoke with the hotel and they state it has nothing to do with Captain Kidd except for using the space. I know it is early, but we want to book early to ensure the best rate and the best room for the family (2 adults and 1 child). We want to splurge a bit for a hotel that is as close as we can get without staying onsite. TIA!
    “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Re: Looking for ecperiences with the BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites

Hi!

Yay for 2015 Disneyland vacations! We are headed there in February of next year, and will be staying at the Anaheim Inn. The only reason why I chose that one over Park Place is because they had availability for my big family of 5 to be in one room. ;-) I am interested to know what other's think about the two hotels as well.
    AngiMouse

Re: Looking for ecperiences with the BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites

I have stayed at the BW Park Place Inn and the Park Vue Inn. Really like Park Vue, had a room with bunk beds that the kids loved. It wasn't really big, but our family of 4 had no problem with the space. The Park Place Inn room was a little bigger but really dark at the back where the sink and mirror were, outside of the bathroom. That was a little strange. We had a room with 2 beds and a sleeper sofa. Yes, breakfast is above Captain Kidd's, but it was fine. They were both clean and pretty quiet.

Both are almost exactly the same distance from the crosswalk into the park. I would probably choose Park Vue over Park Place, but they are very similar, and you really can't beat the location.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I've also stayed at both the BW Park Place and Park Vue Inns. Their prices have both jumped a fair bit since Carsland so I don't know if I can afford it. Sadly, this Best Western doesn't have much availability for points bookings either.

As for the hotels, they were simple but nice and clean. The location is the real star of the show here.

We stayed at BW Park Place Inn a couple years ago. I was expecting more of a mini suite with a bit of privacy, but the wall between the sofa sleeper and the beds is short in both height and width. It was fine for us, but be aware that it's not like a suite at someplace like a Embassy Suites.

Weve be only tried a couple, but we haven't found a hotel in walking distance that we love. We've had better luck staying further down Harbor and walking to Toy Story or taking a cab.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Yes, we enjoy staying a little further away and have some favs that are a bit longer down the road, but we wanted a treat to stay when the walk would be the shortest outside of the GCH. I appreciate everyone's responses so far. I was looking at Park Vue but it ends up being around 120 more for our 5 night stay. The Anaheim Inn is running about 225 more and a little further away. I was noting that being a bit dark was a common comment online for Park Place Inn, but the amenities for all three hotels are similar. I like the idea of queen bed, bunk bed combo, but not sure it is worth the extra $ for it. So I was wondering if overall Park Vue is a better value than Park Place for the additional money? How about the Anaheim Inn?

• Disney Fanatic

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn last year. We really liked it. Now, keep in mind, you get what you pay for. You can't go in thinking you're going to get a 5 star hotel. The reviews on TripAdvisor always make us laugh.
    But we really liked it. The staff were very friendly. Our room was just the right size for the 2 of us. We had a microwave and a mini fridge. A sofa and a small coffee table. A flat screen TV and the bed was extremely comfortable. There are safety deposit boxes behind the front desk which we kept our extra money and passports in.
    The only "complaint" I have is that the breakfast was... not the best. They had fruit and yogurt and cereals, which was okay. But the hot breakfast consisted of soggy waffles, runny eggs, I think sometimes bacon/sausage.
    Apart from the breakfast, we enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Disney Fanatic

And, not only that, you're about a 2 minute walk from Disneyland. That's what sold it for us.

• Done with MC.

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either the Best Western park Place or the neighboring Park View. Both a super short 5 minute walk to the gates and both have nice clean rooms and great free breakfasts.
    We get which ever one offers the best deal.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Awesome! Thank you everyone for sharing. I am leaning towards Park Place Inn because of the savings, (although a good breakfast would be good to have) but it kind of sounds like the breakfast could be used to get by on. We are looking forward to being so close to the action! (and worried that it will spoil us on places further out!)

• Disney Fanatic

Like I said, the breakfast wasn't spectacular. Mediocre at best, but it will definitely do to put something in your tummy for the morning.
    Some days, we went to the McDonalds and got an Egg McMuffin etc, just to switch it up.

• DLR Softie

My family and I have stayed at all 3 and we prefer the Park Vue Inn (Will be there 09/04/14 as a matter of fact). Can't get much closer to the park, the rooms were the best out of the 3, a nice and accessible pool and a very good breakfast spread. Plus, there's no additional cost for keeping your vehicle there for the day after room checkout.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

Re: Looking for experiences with the BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites

Stayed at the Park Place in June of 2014. Our experience was great. We had reserved adjoining rooms, one with two beds and the other with just one. Upon checking in, our room only had one bed and the pull out couch. We didn't really want to share a pull out bed with one of our kids so asked the front desk to make a change. They quickly gave us another room and though it was no longer adjoining the rest of our party, it had two beds and was slightly more spacious because it was a handicapped room (no couch).

The breakfast is nothing to write home about, but there is a much larger variety of things to choose from than the average continental breakfast. It definitely filled us up before rope drop.

We will for sure stay there again. You just can't beat the location.

• Done with MC.

Re: Looking for experiences with the BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites

My wife (who's memory is is much better than mine ) was just telling me the variety of foods was much better at Park View. The pool is nicer and rarely occupied as well.
    The area you eat in has a great view of DL - esp. the Matterhorn.
    We have reservations for Nov - YAY!

BTW, if you do stay at The Best Western Park Place, ask for one of the three rooms that are over the office. They face Harbor, have a view of the entrance to DL and you can see into the park and watch the Monorail go by.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Ah I tried that, but they said our room type is only available on the ground floor..mini king suite. I should ask what is the room type that is over the office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast