Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Challenge: Fit Marvel in every major land at Disneyland

Not for the the faint of heart, you have been tasked by the powers that be to get a Marvel attraction in the major lands (We'll leave out New Orleans Square and Main Street USA for the sake of sanity, but they can be used if you want)

Tomorrowland: Easiest one "Guardians of the Galaxy" an immersive dark ride/thrill ride combo mixing elements of Indy and Radiator Springs Racers (I'm thinking an action packed dark ride using test track technology for an indoor high speed escape at the end.

Fantasyland: The Sword in the Stone is replaced w/ Mjolnir, Thor's hammer which can only be lifted by someone worthy of the power of Thor.

Frontierland: Revive the Western River Expedition concept using Marvel's western heroes characters

Adventureland: One of the tougher ones due to lack of space. Replace Alladin's oasis w/ a meet and greet/ restaurant based around Black Panther.

Critter Country: I think I stumped myself here

Toon Town: Honestly, if you give them a more comic booky look, some random Marvel characters could work fairly decent there.
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Re: Challenge: Fit Marvel in every major land at Disneyland

Critter Country: Squirrel Girl meet n greet

Toon Town: Howard the duck moves in next to Donald.

Marvel has pretty terrible Western themed properties though

NOS: Something Gambit related

Main Street USA: Captain America USO Show!

I could go on....
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Done with MC.

That would ruin the park for us - and for most I think.
    Talk about a buzz-kill, it would be like seeing a cheap advertisement for Sears at every turn.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    That would ruin the park for us - and for most I think.
    Talk about a buzz-kill, it would be like seeing a cheap advertisement for Sears at every turn.
    Probably, but I dont believe this thread is to be taken seriously, with serious suggestions
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Iger: "Challenge accepted"

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Not much of a challenge with Timely/Marvel having 75 years of existance
    -Dr. Strange

• Down Pluto!

Just nuke the park and get it over with.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Just nuke the park and get it over with.
    Shall we post a "No Fun Allowed" sign in front of the crater?
    -Dr. Strange

You could put a Rocket (from Guardians) attraction in Critter Country. Or Howard the Duck.
    I would build a Thor Ride set in Asguard in Fantasyland. It would most likely be a (never thought Id say this) screen based thrill ride like transformers or potter.) Basically you or your vehicle would follow the hammer on a high speed adventure
    In Tomorrowland, innovations would become the Stark Expo, showing off actual future technologies.
    I would reconfigure Autopia and build an Iron Man ride above and behind it, using the same technology they are using for the Iron Man ride in DLHK.
    Adventureland would get a Hulk ride set in South America. Probably a motion sim since space is limited. Pre show would involve Bruce lecturing the group and something going wrong. We would have to get into the vehicle for our safety to protect us from the Hulk.
    New Orleans square would get an XMen attraction staring Gambit, following one of his story lines that took place down on the bayou. Would be in Indy style ride. Show building would somehow be fit in backstage somewhere in the area. Other X-Men would appear throughout the adventure.
    Frontierland is tough, since I cant really think of any modern popular Marvel characters that match the theme. Maybe do a younger Wolverine in the wild west, since he was alive in that time period. They have the Rawhide Kid in the portfolio I believe, but they would have to make a push to familiarize the audience before an attraction could be built (like a movie release.)
    On Main Street, Captain America would be present for the flag ceremonies.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Shall we post a "No Fun Allowed" sign in front of the crater?
    How about "Brought to you by Disney's reliance on purchasing ideas because we refused to hire anyone with original thoughts."

Quote Originally Posted by superlarz View Post
    You could put a Rocket (from Guardians) attraction in Critter Country. Or Howard the Duck.
    I would build a Thor Ride set in Asguard in Fantasyland. It would most likely be a (never thought Id say this) screen based thrill ride like transformers or potter.) Basically you or your vehicle would follow the hammer on a high speed adventure
    In Tomorrowland, innovations would become the Stark Expo, showing off actual future technologies.
    I would reconfigure Autopia and build an Iron Man ride above and behind it, using the same technology they are using for the Iron Man ride in DLHK.
    Adventureland would get a Hulk ride set in South America. Probably a motion sim since space is limited. Pre show would involve Bruce lecturing the group and something going wrong. We would have to get into the vehicle for our safety to protect us from the Hulk.
    New Orleans square would get an XMen attraction staring Gambit, following one of his story lines that took place down on the bayou. Would be in Indy style ride. Show building would somehow be fit in backstage somewhere in the area. Other X-Men would appear throughout the adventure.
    Frontierland is tough, since I cant really think of any modern popular Marvel characters that match the theme. Maybe do a younger Wolverine in the wild west, since he was alive in that time period. They have the Rawhide Kid in the portfolio I believe, but they would have to make a push to familiarize the audience before an attraction could be built (like a movie release.)
    On Main Street, Captain America would be present for the flag ceremonies.
    OK - now this has gotten beyond just plain silly and moved into serious crazy.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Done with MC.

Quote Originally Posted by superlarz View Post
    Frontierland is tough...
    How 'bout putting it in the shooting gallery.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Adventureland should be the Phantom.... The movie with Billy Zane and CZJ was pretty horrid, but the concept was great.

How about the Marvel Figment series? Bring the beloved WDW character west in a One Disney/Marvel one-two punch. Think of the synergy!

It takes place in Neo-Victorian London. So, pick whichever land you want to shoehorn it into and completely destroy the theme. Probably Frontierland - because Dreamfinder wears an old-timey hat.

Marvel has a long history of western heroes for 'kids.' There was Kid Colt, Two-Gun Kid, Apache Kid, Rawhide Kid, Outlaw Kid, Ringo Kid, Texas Kid, Kid Clayton, Kid Cassidy, & Gunsmoke Kid. Have a shoot-out followed by a meet & greet and that's FL sorted.

Heck, I'd have that TL over Subs, Innoventions and Autopia.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    My first thought. Seeing that Disney suits read this forum we shouldn't even be giving them ideas.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast