Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can an AP holder enter the park on a block out date when renewing?

I was looking over this thread for answers but I don't think these rules apply any more.

Blockout dates

Since there are no longer block out tickets, I assume this no longer works. Does any one else know any better?
    "Nice work, pal"

Re: Can an AP holder enter the park on a block out date when renewing?

I was under the impression the customer service reason for allowing entry when renewing on a blockout date is that if you'd purchased a one-day, and upgraded to the AP same-day (ie paid the difference between the ticket and the pass), you'd have been allowed entry to the park even though the pass purchased were not valid that day because you were already in the park with your one-day ticket. They're not going to make you go home. Hence, rather than facing that argument from renewers, as to why they are penalized when new AP purchasers are not, they let you in.

That said, I'd call the resort to ask, because who knows what policies changed along with the end of blockout tickets.

I called...twice and it is a pretty clear "no." Of course I have heard negative answers over the phone before when it comes to AP issues like this but when I get to the ticket booth and kindly ask, the then answer changes. Sadly, I don't want risk wasting 5+ hours of driving and a big chuck of my day just get a no answer once I get there.

I also asked if I could upgrade from the So Cal pass to the Deluxe pass and then down grade back to So Cal for my next renewal. I was told that I might not be able to down grade if the Soc Cal pass is still unavailable.
    "Nice work, pal"

• See Ya Real Soon!

I understand why they do on a NEW pass, that makes sense but I don't see why the same would be true of a renewal.

I renewed my pass today no issues what so ever.

Last edited by Ryan120420; 08-10-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks, Ryan. You just made my day! I have a trip coming up that crosses over a Saturday (and my companion's renewal date). I have Premium, but my companion does not and we'd been hoping to renew in person so we could both enter on the Saturday. Now I can avoid an awkward conversation...

Fun fact: Those block out tickets are pretty standard practice at the main entrance. One Saturday it was a triple block out (CS, S, D), and one guest upgraded their pass from Socal Select to Socal and she was still given a block out exception pass.

• Foolish Mortal

You might want to remove the pic of your full name and AP number for your own protection. You never know who lurks on here.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by hannahwonka View Post
    Fun fact: Those block out tickets are pretty standard practice at the main entrance. One Saturday it was a triple block out (CS, S, D), and one guest upgraded their pass from Socal Select to Socal and she was still given a block out exception pass.
    I don't get this. Why should an upgrade or renewal of a pass that is blocked out that day qualify for an exception pass.

The renewal makes sense to me because you could've just bought a ticket and then upgraded it. The upgrade of an existing pass that's blocked out to another pass that is also blocked out makes a lot less sense to me. But it's good to know.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    The renewal makes sense to me because you could've just bought a ticket and then upgraded it.
    True, But you would lose any renewal discount doing it that way. It might be worth it to some to do it that way.

True, but the renewal discounts appear to be $40-60. So, if you did it that way, you'd effectively get the extra day for that amount, whereas at the moment they appear to be giving it to you for free with the exception ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by hannahwonka View Post

How? Isn't the So Cal unavailable? Or did they let them get away with upgrading to a pass that no one can buy?
    "Nice work, pal"

It is available for renewals only. I surmise that includes anyone renewing, even if that's not their current level.

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    It is available for renewals only. I surmise that includes anyone renewing, even if that's not their current level.
    Interesting. That could be a way around the rule that they are unavailable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast