Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Star Wars Land to replace.......Toontown?

I am down 100% for this.

Get the shovels!

Link

Re: Star Wars Land to replace.......Toontown?

I could get down w/ that. I like Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, but that's about it for Toon Town for me.
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

• Just this guy......

Toontown is needed for the stroller crowds. Can you imagine how crowed Fantasyland would be if there wasn't a Toontown?

• Down Pluto!

No. Strollers are a HUGE problem.

Besides, it's not big enough for a proper Star Wars land. Unless they turn the TDA building into a ride - that might be worth it...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post

Besides, it's not big enough for a proper Star Wars land. Unless they turn the TDA building into a ride - that might be worth it...
    Take out Autopia though...

• Special Agent

Would the Mickey Meet n Greet replace Star Tours in Tomorrowland?

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post

i agree with the stroller comment. The only way Toontown going down wouldn't impact the traffic in Fantasyland is if it went down for a Fantasy Land expansion instead. Which would make so much more sense than putting a Star Wars land there.

• formerly very helpful

WHile I have no real love for ToonTown, I wonder if there's enough land to do a proper Star Wars Land, and if there is significant land adjacent to ToonTown available for expansion beyond its current boundaries.

•   
    • Minion

I can't imagine this is true. This area is popular for families still and it should probably be expanded with another dark ride to compliment RR. Also it closes early every night for fireworks. Imagine a Star Wars land that closes at night. Also the space IMO isn't there. A sub land that includes Innoventions, Autopia, and the subs is what I would use. I would redo the whole area. Then you could leave TL and have a Star Wars land. Only weird part is Star Tours would be in TL. In my world i'd move it

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    I am down 100% for this.

Get the shovels!

Link
    My first thought was his first thought -- what about fireworks?

And then I read further about Florida's loss of their Toontown without any apparent repercussions and it makes some sort of sense.

At least as a proposal.

I'm all for it, space may be an issue...
    It's kind of pathetic that people are concerned with strollers. If the only reason that you want to keep ToonTown is because it keeps the stroller traffic down, then I say go ahead and get rid of it, and put Star Wars Land in to actually draw people over there. I get that there are a lot of strollers, but I'm sure that Disney would create space for strollers somewhere else.

• Rrrrreecite!

forgive me for the crudeness of this photo. I wonder if they could do something like this:

Im just creating this for discussion. Why not move Toontown or hybrid of it and extend FL into Autopia (Autopia needs to go but I know those Monorail pillons really limit the what can be done). Keep the same theme of current Fantasyland. Bring in another dark ride or kid coaster (similar to 7 dwarves mine train, perhaps Frozen with a back drop of Matterhorn?) Anyway that will expand the family focused area. Meanwhile current Toontown and Festival Arena could be used for the SW land. Perhaps Circle D could be moved? Consolidate some backstage areas? With the lack of space avail to DL. I think they are going to get creative with the constraints. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar00 View Post
    forgive me for the crudeness of this photo. I wonder if they could do something like this:

Im just creating this for discussion. Why not move Toontown or hybrid of it and extend FL into Autopia (Autopia needs to go but I know those Monorail pillons really limit the what can be done). Keep the same theme of current Fantasyland. Bring in another dark ride or kid coaster (similar to 7 dwarves mine train, perhaps Frozen with a back drop of Matterhorn?) Anyway that will expand the family focused area. Meanwhile current Toontown and Festival Arena could be used for the SW land. Perhaps Circle D could be moved? Consolidate some backstage areas? With the lack of space avail to DL. I think they are going to get creative with the constraints. Thoughts?
    I think that's actually a good idea, but I would get ride of that theater and include that in Star Wars Land too.

Quote Originally Posted by mickEblu View Post
    i agree with the stroller comment. The only way Toontown going down wouldn't impact the traffic in Fantasyland is if it went down for a Fantasy Land expansion instead. Which would make so much more sense than putting a Star Wars land there.
    Agreed, an expansion of Fantasyland would be Awesome!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast