Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do we have ANY chance on riding racers?

First timers to DL we leave in 19 days....just found out that magic morning does not include DCA so that means no fast pass for racers early enough to have a chance to ride???? We have three day park hoppers my question is without getting in line early for fast pass for racers does my family of four have any chance in hell of riding racers?

• #bringevilback

Re: Do we have ANY chance on riding racers?

Absolutely. If you go on a non extra magic hour (hotel guests only) day for DCA at opening you are on par with everyone else and can either head straight for the ride or get in line for a FP. Even on EMH days you should still be able to get a fastpass within the first hour the park opens, if not longer. I haven't tried recently, so perhaps someone who has gotten a FP recently can chime in...
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse

I'm assuming you mean "have the chance to ride without waiting in a 2 hour line" since of course the standby line is generally available all day. I'm not aware of the standby line ever being cut off when the ride was running during normal park hours. So as long as you get in the line at some point during the trip, and it doesn't break down during that time, you should have plenty of chances to ride.

If your question is more about not waiting over a certain amount of time in the line, there's also always single rider. If your group doesn't care about sitting together that's usually a much shorter line. Although if that does get too long it does sometimes get cut off. Although it seems like recently this summer it's actually not been that bad. At the same time, it sounds like by the time you go it'll be a holiday weekend, so you should probably go in assuming the parks will be packed and expect longer lines for everything, not just RSR.

• Minion

Last trip (mid July) FP for Racers was still available at noon.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• I'm not really here

If you hit up DCA when the gates open you'll get FastPasses just fine. They'll be pretty early so go get on the ride and right after, there will likely still be FastPasses still left.

There is also single rider if your family of four doesn't mind being 1 or 2 cars apart from each other. We like riding first as a group (FP), then after we don't mind being in our own cars. Given the load process there are at least 1 single rider used per vehicle almost every time. You get through pretty quick.

If single rider isn't an option for your situation, it's all about getting on it first thing in the morning. Lines are generally pretty long. However, if it has gone down, it may be worth asking the CMs if it will be back up soon and hanging out near by if it's not too long. Can often get in a ride or two with minimal wait.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I appreciate it everybody! What I did mean was will I be able to get on WITHOUT having I wait two hours...thank again everybody for some strange reason a a first timer to DL ever I don't know WHY I want to ride racers SO bad....weird

Quote Originally Posted by Miamyamoe View Post
    I appreciate it everybody! What I did mean was will I be able to get on WITHOUT having I wait two hours...thank again everybody for some strange reason a a first timer to DL ever I don't know WHY I want to ride racers SO bad....weird
    Hmmmm......will make for an interesting thread when you return. First time or veteran, everyone has a response to RSR attraction. We have the road layout behind our forest so the ups and downs not much of a thrill, but I sure couldn't handle the curve on my second ride and probably not ride it again. But , boy oh, Boy, sure is pretty at night. and night is a stand alone attraction.

When I went, FP was avaliable at 10 am. You should be good

• formerly very helpful

Radiator Springs Racers is an awesome attraction, so you don't want to miss it. However, the lines can be intimidating. What I normally do, now that my kids are older, is use the single rider line. The wait is normally a fraction of the wait that the standby line. I'd still hit it early, but you won't eat up a major part of your day in line.

We went to DCA July 17 at rope drop and I got right in line for FP and was able to get a return time of 8:55. So yes, definitely doable; I'd even get in line while you wait for your FP to be active and ride it twice!

None at all. Might as well cancel your trip.

Fastpasses are not available until the regular park opening. Meaning guests who are part of Extra Magic Hour can ride Racers, but get fastpasses at the same time as everyone else. However, they can line up before the regular park guests, making them the first to get the fastpasses. But you can always do whatever everyone else does, put one of their family members in the fastpass line (with all the tickets) and send the rest of the family to get in line for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Miamyamoe View Post
    Single rider line often has a 5-10 minute wait for the first hour or so of the park opening.

I never wait in the fast pass line at opening, once the initial people get cleared out there usually is a short FP line.

• Another turkey leg please

Went recently on a Sunday, picked up fast passes around 8:30 with a return time of 11:00 or so. Shouldn't be a problem.

• Indiana Scott

During our last trip, we would hit Racer's between about 1:00 and 2:00 PM and only wait 40 minutes. Oddly, the advertised wait time would say something like 60~90 minutes when we went anyway because but the first section of the queue was empty - you couldn't see anybody in line.
    The worst time is first thing in the AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast