Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sharkslayer

Wanna see Tomorrowland turn into a Land mix with Wreck-It Ralph and Marvel?

When I saw this rumor on this site:
    Star Wars Land to replace.......Toontown?

It could be a better idea to become Tomorrowland into a mix of Wreck-It Ralph and Marvel.

I mean there's proof:

* Starcade formerly held a meet and greet for Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope von Schweetz
    * Innonventions held Iron Man Tech and 2 meet and greets with Thor and Captain America.

What do you think of Tomorrowland become into land of Wreck-It Ralph and Marvel, or does the mix land belong to Disney California Adventure or in the third gate.

• Minion

Re: Wanna see Tomorrowland turn into a Land mix with Wreck-It Ralph and Marvel?

I don't think having 2 meet and greets is proof of anything.

I think Tomorrowland should stay Tomorrowland.

• Bangarang!

Wreck-It Ralph hardly says "Tomorrow".

Personally, I think they should build a Flynn's Arcade in DCA and have the Wreck-It and Tron meet'n'greets there.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

No, no, NO.

I want Tomorrowland to be how it should be; the realistic future and possibilities of mankind, technology, etc. It doesn't need anymore toons or Marvel characters. The only Marvel-related concept I can think of that I would most likely like going into Tomorrowland is Stark Expo.

I wrote a personal restructure of tomorrowland in the "If you owned Disneyland" thread. Here's the bit on Tomorrowland:

TOMORROWLAND: We all know Tomorrowland requires the most immediate attention. The layout of Tomorrowland itself requires immediate attention, as the main pathways are cramped and claustrophobic. Furthermore, Tomorrowland suffers from having a number of attractions that are outdated and eat up a significant portion of land (Autopia being the biggest offender). The problem lies in what exactly can be done to make Tomorrowland feel like a land of Tomorrow, as the future is always unwritten and always changing. While Walt’s original concept of Tomorrowland was a land where new and exciting technologies could be showcased that would improve the condition of man, this idea has become almost obsolete, as the advances in technology, science, and business occur on an almost monthly basis. To this end, I am of the camp that Tomorrowland should be re-themed to be an idealized vision of how Tomorrow has looked in the past. A “retro-tomorrow”; more in line with the Jetsons and the writings of Isaac Asimov than with the Space Race-era of futuristic thinking. Tomorrowland would be fitted with a futuristic Art Deco aesthetic, with a heavy emphasis on Neon and LED lighting to accentuate the feeling of kinetic energy. If you’ve ever seen or played any of the Bioshock video games, those are great reference points for the art direction Tomorrowland would take. Here's some of the revisions I would make to Tomorrowland:

-Gut the Subs, Autopia, and Innoventions. All land south of the Matterhorn would be allocated to new attraction expansion.

-Gut the Astro Orbiter in front of the Tomorrowland Entrance

-TRON RACEWAY (New E-Ticket Attraction): The old People Mover Track is entirely gutted and redone for this attraction. Banked turns are added with sufficient support to sustain this high speed attraction. The new track would include a significant dark ride portion, complete with effects that make it seem like you are actually racing in the Tron light-cycle races. The queue is situated in the old location of the newly gutted Innoventions building. This is also where many of the dark ride portions are held. The vehicles are situated in trains of six cycles, with three rows of 2 cycles side-by-side to increase ride capacity. Riders lean forward and grab the cycle handlebars, held down by a safety harness the covers their shoulders and back. The vehicles also feature advanced LED and neon lighting, making them a visual delight throughout Tomorrowland and within the ride itself. The track would traverse many portions of the old Peoplemover track, with new portions being integrated into existing attractions (SM, Buzz, etc.)

-HERO’S CALL WITH WRECK-IT-RALPH (New D-Ticket Attraction): The Magic Eye Theatre is reworked into a new 3-D interactive attraction featuring the characters from Wreck-it Ralph. Each seat would feature an interactive touch-screen system which interacts with the show. Guests are assigned certain roles within the show depending on where they sit inside the theatre (Stage left, center stage, and stage right). The show itself centers around Ralph and crew as they try and stop a computer “bug” from infecting all the games in the arcade. Guests are taken to various fictional video game worlds, including ones from the film like Sugar Rush, Fix-it Felix, and Hero’s Duty, as well as some new additions including a music rhythm game (similar to Guitar Hero or Rock Band), and an epic fantasy beat-em-up RPG (Similar to Diablo).

-Move Marvel Meet-and-Greets into the old upstairs portion of the Starcade.

-The lower portion of the Starcade is equipped with new stations that feature Oculus Rift experiences, unique to Disneyland and Tomorrowland specifically. Oculus Rift is essentially next-gen virtual reality hardware that allows for entirely immersive environments and experiences.

-Buzz, SM, and ST are all fine where they are. I know a lot of people want to see Buzz removed but it eats up crowds like no other ride in Tomorrowland and is a fine addition to Tomorrowland for the forseeable future

-EXTRA-TERROR-ESTRIAL ALIEN ENCONTER (New C-Ticket Attraction): Pixie Hollow would be gutted and replaced with this Yesterland classic. A favorite among those fortunate enough to have experienced it, the extraTERRORestial encounter would be reborn, with updated effects, three separate show rooms, and an elaborate and highly themed queue and pre-show. It’s a shame that this attraction was closed down, it really was one of the finest examples of Imagineering in the Eisner era and showed us what Imagineers could do with more adult-oriented thrills. They succeeded tenfold. In many ways, this is a counter-point to The Haunted Mansion. Whereas the Mansion started with the premise of being scary and spooky, it ends up being light-hearted and fun. Alien Encounter starts off silly and light-hearted and transforms into an intensely scary experience. This is by far the most terrifying attraction Disney has ever developed and is part of the reason it was shut down after only in operation for a meager 7 years. I would bring it back, updated and better than the original.

-NEW HORIZONS (New C-Ticket Attraction): The original Horizons attraction at EPCOT is widely regarded as one of the finest achievements in all of Disney Imagineering. I would bring it back, located on the site of the newly removed Subs, with a new Omnimover technology which allows vehicles to traverse environments vertically and horizontally. Thematically, the ride would bring back the ideas of the original ride; namely that of ideas of how people in the near to distant future would live and thrive. Special emphasis would be placed on space exploration, terraforming, and under-seas discoveries.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

• -

I'm sorry, but Wreck it Ralph has nothing to do with the concept of "Tomorrow". It was bad theming to put the meet and greet in Tomorrowland, and it would be bad theming to have anything else represent this character in Tomorrowland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sharkslayer

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I'm sorry, but Wreck it Ralph has nothing to do with the concept of "Tomorrow". It was bad theming to put the meet and greet in Tomorrowland, and it would be bad theming to have anything else represent this character in Tomorrowland.
    Ok, Wreck-It Ralph doesn't fit in Tomorrowland.

How about in Disney California Adventure or in a Third Gate?

and Please I wanted to see a land that mix Wreck-It Ralph and Marvel together in the park

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Movie didnt make enough of an impact to get anything substantial like you're asking
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Sharkslayer

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Movie didnt make enough of an impact to get anything substantial like you're asking
    What do you mean?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Wreck-It Ralph wasnt popular or impactful enough to warrant an attraction in the scope you seem to be requesting.

It was a good film, but its no Frozen, or Marvel.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

While I think Star Wars can fit pretty well into TL, and I think Marvel could fit into TL (depending on what is put in), Wreck-It Ralph doesn't fit at all in TL.

Or, I guess it fits in as well as the Best Buy tech in Innoventions.

Forget I said anything. As you were.

• "What is thy bidding?"

how bout a variation of Mission Space from EPCOT with some throw backs to Mission to Mars?

The Tron thing (thumbs up to that idea) would give Tomorrow Land the kinetic energy it sooo lacks currently....

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    Ok, Wreck-It Ralph doesn't fit in Tomorrowland.

How about in Disney California Adventure ...
    Did it take place in CA?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Did it take place in CA?
    I don't think we know, but we don't really know if a Bugs Life or Cars happened in CA, do we? Say it was a CA arcade and put the attraction in DCA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast