Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big changes

Cool Big changes

So, even though Disneyland is the happiest place on earth i want to know if there would be anything you'd like to change. take me for example i would change the look of tomorrowland. i would make it look more of a meet the robensins look. and instead of pizza port i would have a place that overlooks the whole futuristic city. it would also serve food. periodically there would be people being transported through bubbles though the city. i would love to hear all the futuristic ideas everyone has.
    love to browse

• Warm Hugging Anna

Re: Big changes

Take away the pizza place and you die. I love pizza and don't want that to go away ever.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Take away the pizza place and you die. I love pizza and don't want that to go away ever.
    Their food is lousy. I'd prefer it being turned back into Mission to Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    May Mr. Johnson haunt your nightmares for such blasphemy

In Capt Hook's defense, Pizza Port does have good pizza, so long as you get it when it's fresh. If their pizza does not look fresh, just order a gluten free version of it, and they will most likely make a fresh pizza for you to get a slice of, unless you order a gluten free one, and they happen to have already made one before.

If you go during busy times, you are more likely to find fresher slices there than if you go during off hours.

Their salads aren't bad, and you get a nice portion. I don't think I need to bring up the Countdown Chicken Fusille pasta, since that's a favorite for a number of people, and I know some of them visit this forum.

There are also nice options for kids. Also, it has about the best fountain water in the park. I bring water bottles to the park in order to save money on purchasing drinks. Pizza Port is one of the places I go to often for fountain water, since it's nice, cold, and filtered. It's better than getting a small cup of ice water from any other restaurant.

I understand that the kitchen area at Pizza Port is top notch, which is great to know. You can't help but appreciate the posters of former Disneyland attractions that are hung on the walls inside the place. And if you're sitting outside next to the ramp for Space Mountain. don't forget to look for the Alien Dinosaur Eggs in the bushes.

Attractions are nice, and needed. Just like most of the other people I see post here, I would change things about Tomorrowland,. too. I wouldn't change everything, though, and I think I'd probably allow Pizza Port to stay, even if it is located right by the Tomorrowland Terrace.

• Warm Hugging Anna

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Their food is lousy. I'd prefer it being turned back into Mission to Mars.
    I don't think it is. I love there food. That's one of my favorite places to eat there. I either get there Pizza or Spaghitt all the time there.

• formerly very helpful

There would be no reason why they couldn't build the restaurant idea that Neverlost mentioned and not use the same kitchen and menu from Redd Rocket's. As much as I love the nostalgia of the old Tomorrowland posters, it does help break the illusion of being IN tomorrow the time, and remind you that you are simply in Tomorrowland, the amusement park.
    Actually, I think a place like that where people could get elevated and view from another perspective could do wonders to help the land, and the people being occasionally being transported through bubbles would help add to the much needed kinesthetic of the area.

• Minion

Pizza Port has got to go. I'll admit the chicken fusilli is good, but other than that...

• Meh

Get rid of Pizza Port? Them's fighting words!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Minion

You know what I would like to see in the revamped, modern society tomorrowland ??? Terro Posts. Thats right. Terro. Everyone running around with their futuristic hand held devices would all be drawn to these technical bubble posts with 200 outlets and plug in, and just be there charging up, standing there " Hey, I am at Disneyland and sure is sweet." And they would be slow charging connections because the devices require tons of energy. So piles of folks hovering around these bubbles, and piles waiting to connect to the bubble. But I am not an ant, so I could ride attractions with very short lines. That is the future I would like to visit, technical bubbles that mesmerized visitors.

• Minion

I'd be fine if all the buildings were demolished in Tomorrowland except for Space Mountain, Star Tours, and the Monorail station.

• Former Churro Jockey

I've posted this before and it seems as if most micechatters don't care for the idea, but I'd like to see DL brought up to the 21st century. I'd like them to close the park for a month or so and replace every single animatronic and static figure in every ride with the absolute most modern, technologically advanced animatronics in existance, AND install the most modern, awesome sound systems possible everywhere there is a speaker. I'm talking about Tiki birds that fly across the room, audio from Indiana Jones that you can actually understand, fire effects in Pirates that somewhat resemble real fire, etc. And if there's a way to do it, I think it would be cool and super creepy to install the binural effects from the old Lincoln show that make it sound like someone is right behind you in the doom buggies of the Haunted Mansion. I don't know if it works if you're not wearing headphones, but Disney has a crapload of money so they can find a way.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Pizza Port makes the most money of all the restaurants in both the parks so I doubt it'll go (if they ever fix Tomorrowland, that is.)

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by Starwarsgeeek View Post
    Pizza Port makes the most money of all the restaurants in both the parks so I doubt it'll go (if they ever fix Tomorrowland, that is.)
    Wait, what? Where's the source on this one? Like I know pizza/pasta is super cheap to make but it's hard for me to believe Pizza Port is the top earning restaurant in the park (Thinking about it, it makes sense, but I'd just love to see hard numbers to back it up).

I'd heard that claim before, too, Starwarsgeeek, but couldn't find any evidence to back it up. Of course, I didn't look very hard for it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast