Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Pirates of the Carribean Fireflies in the Bayou! Why haven't they been replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by denyuntilcaught View Post
    Well, to be rational, with or without the fireflies POTC is hardly substandard.

I'm
    certainly not claiming that. But it seems to bee a major point of contention for a number of folks. And that is their rational, reasoned opinion. So my question to those for whom this is a sticking point is, why do you continue to ride it? Why do you continue to give them your money if this upsets you so? It is your money and attendance at the park they want, and you keep giving it to them. Therefore, they are right to assume that this isn't that upsetting. Alternatively, do you tell them you miss them? Or is this a complaint only voiced here and elsewhere on the internet? That takes little effort and doesn't demonstrate to Disney that there is really much of a desire to see it back. Hard work and effort show that. Head to City Hall every trip you are there and file a letter requesting they be brought back. Show them they are wanted, don't just post in a message board.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Banned User

Re: Pirates of the Carribean Fireflies in the Bayou! Why haven't they been replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    And yet we all still pay for it. Other consumers stop buying product they consider substandard. So what does that make us?
    I get your point, at least that someone keeps paying for it, but I'm not. I'm not renewing my pass anymore. My best memories of Disneyland are in the past. I know the park is supposed to evolve and change but for the better, not degrading into some parody of itself.

I know it won't hurt Disney one bit but I'll vote with my wallet and I'll voice my opinion where they can read it, in surveys ( get stopped in the park by CMs with clipboards and take a survery on e-mail ), in communications with member services and best of all by no longer buying anything. They'll still make money but the clientelle will seem different. Then one day they'll notice a problem and do an outside survey to see where it all went wrong. "Why so much graffiti inside Club 33? There was none before!" They'll figure it out but we're talking 5-10 years out.

I didn't know the fireflies were in such a bad way. That makes me really sad. I hope they do plan to get those fixed because as others have said, they really make a strong impact on the opening ambiance of the show.
    Ryborg

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    I love those fireflies, and the shooting star that zooms by along the ceiling as you pass through the bayou!
    There's a shooting star, really? Where do I need to look to see it?

I love the fireflies. I hope they restore them.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Haunted Mansion Fan

I do miss the fireflies when they are not working, however, this would not be the determining factor of me riding the attraction or not. It's a little "plus" that makes it more enjoyable. I do pay attention to the smallest of details, and I understand how some folks are very passionate about missing, or sub-standard maintenance.
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    There's a shooting star, really? Where do I need to look to see it?

I love the fireflies. I hope they restore them.

OK, when you're going thru the bayou with BB on your right, look up at the ceiling and slightly right, sort of straight up but in the same direction as the bayou wall of the Blue Bayou runs. The shooting star passes from left to right along that line so it's passing on your right side, not directly over your head. It's really fast & it's not super bright. I had to pretty much watch that part of the ceiling the whole time we passed thru the bayou to catch it for the first time after BFF saw it.
    Last edited by Stormy; 08-21-2014 at 08:39 AM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Well, I'm a long-time MC lurker, first-time poster. I love the fireflies - they must be my absolute favorite part of DLR. I was there just about a year ago, and I thought there were fewer... if we're all seeing something we'd like changed, well, let's petition for it. If we could get thousands of people petitioning for it, we'd be more likely to get some kind of traction.

I've set up a petition on change.org. Please sign it if you agree that these fireflies should be repaired and/or replaced! Share it with your friends on facebook and followers on twitter - let's get this thing done! https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-di...eyland-resort#

I know Disney does their own thing, but I imagine on something that would cost so little, they would be more willing if they could hear our collective voice.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Saw the shooting star for the first time last week after countless rides. BFF noticed it & pointed it out to me. I guess I just never looked up before.

I counted 3 fireflies. THREE non-moving fireflies! I'm with DavidA, I loved those little buggers (get it, BUGgers? I crack myself up).

Those are the little touches that bring 'reality' into an attraction. It's a shame that TPTB don't know how to value the little things.
    We probably need to find who TPTB are, and then tell them.

Or, everytime you ride POTC, chant, "We want fireflies, we want fireflies...!"

Problem might be that the TPTB don't know their product and don't care about their product, because the bottom line isn't being affected so their bonuses are still coming in strong.

Our problem, unfortunately, is that we do know their product and do care about their product.

Who's charge of Disneyland again? Someone print his name and his work mailing address, or e-mail address. Then, everyone who cares can send a strongly worded letter.
    Last edited by sediment; 10-03-2014 at 06:10 AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    We probably need to find who TPTB are, and then tell them.

Who's charge of Disneyland again? Someone print his name and his work mailing address, or e-mail address. Then, everyone who cares can send a strongly worded letter.
    Lets find out, and I'll update the petition to go to that person instead

It's completely and absolutely true----AND: Tony made a point for years of being rude to me if I approached him to say hello, like everyone else does at events----even going so far as to shake someone's hand across my chest, refusing to say hello to me. It's factual and true: I emailed him a nice message, and this is what happened.

The fireflies are one of those wonderful details that make the Blue Bayou so special. It's very sad that they have refused to replace the broken ones. Perhaps, they are working on a more efficient type of firefly that requires less maintenance. I can't believe that they would simply refuse to replace such a special and iconic detail to the ride.

Although I didn't see it on my recent trips, the shooting star effect is very cool. Like the fireflies, it added a special ambiance to the Bayou.

As I sat on the patio of the Blue Bayou this summer, gazing out at the lagoon and marveling at the wonderful site that Disney had gifted us with so many years ago...I noticed something missing from my childhood. Fireflies! A small magical touch, but so, so important to the overall environment which I was now immersed in. I am sad that other young children and children at heart are not able to wonder at this creation quite as much as I was able to back then. Walt always said that the details were important. That is what sets the Disney Parks apart from all the rest. We are right to be upset about such small things, because those are the things that make it an experience that we will remember all our lives.

• Down Pluto!

...because Disney doesn't think details like that are important anymore.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Yohohoho View Post
    The fireflies weren't in the movie, right? So who cares? Disney doesn't do anything original in the park anymore. It's gotta have cross-promo value or forget it.
    Actually I'm pretty sure they did turn up in the second film as our heroes were going to visit Tia Dalma.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Counted around 5 to 6 firefly's tonight. Did catch the shooting star.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast