Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• WDW Annual Passholder

Radiator Springs Racers

I feel like it's a slower IP overlay of Test Track. While it is well themed, it is basically Test Track with another car on the track and 25mph slower.

Am I right?
    I do some podcasts and I use some pretty filthy language. If you're interested, you can check them out. But don't say I didn't warn you.

http://jerradshow.com

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Radiator Springs Racers

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
    I feel like it's a slower IP overlay of Test Track. While it is well themed, it is basically Test Track with another car on the track and 25mph slower.

Am I right?
    It might be slower, but it is still thrilling for me. I think Radiator Springs Racers is a better Family type ride than Test Track. I am usually a big chicken on those kinds of rides. I have experienced both Test Track, and Radiator Racers a few times each, and I prefer RSR.

Am I right?
    You could say that of a lot of rides. Splash Mountain is just a log ride that is well themed. Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain are just a coasters that are well themed, but slower.

• formerly very helpful

RSR may be slower, but to me, it's a much more exciting and enjoyable ride.Test Track simply has me testing a car, while RSR immerses me in an entirely different world. That makes all the difference to me.

• Certified DL Addict

It uses the same technology as Test Track, but I enjoy RSR more than Test Track. The theming of the ride is spectacular, they did a great job of bringing the movie to life with this ride.

Whenever people compare rides with similar technology as just being a copy I always wonder if they expect the same thing not to be used again. So once there is a car ride in Epcot they can't use a similar set-up at any of the other parks?

I like that they're in different places, it's not like you have Test Track in Epcot and RSR in MK, they're across the country from each other
    2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
    *~Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*

• Former Churro Jockey

I haven't timed it, but I thought that RSR was half as long of a ride as Test Track. Test Track has that portion at the end where the car goes outdoors and there is plenty of track for it to really get up to speed. RSR doesn't have that which is why Test Track is faster.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• WDW Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Test Track has that portion at the end where the car goes outdoors and there is plenty of track for it to really get up to speed. RSR doesn't have that which is why Test Track is faster.
    What about the race at the end of RSR? Don't the cars go outdoors and really get up to speed?
    I do some podcasts and I use some pretty filthy language. If you're interested, you can check them out. But don't say I didn't warn you.

http://jerradshow.com

Yes, after driving around through Radiator Springs the cars get ready for their race and are then sent outside to do the race itself.

I personally love RSR, and I think they did a great job with it. I have not been on Test Track, so I can't vouch for that one.
    AngiMouse

Test Track has two looooong straightaways that allow (necessitate?) going faster...but you certainly don't feel like you're going slow on RSR. And with Test Track I feel like I'm out in back of a warehouse...RSR you're tooling around the Cadillac Range!

What about the race at the end of RSR? Don't the cars go outdoors and really get up to speed?
    RSR was originally designed to go much faster (50+ MPH) but with space restraints and the lessons learned from the debacle that was Rocket Rods, the Imagineers had to scale back the top speed of the ride significantly.

I've ridden both and while the finale to Test Track is exciting, I think RSR is a much more enjoyable experience. It takes the best parts of a classic Disney dark ride and combines it with a moderate thrill ride which makes for a really unique and fun experience. I also really like the fact that you get to race another car. It's always fun to look at your competing car and jokingly taunt them when you are racing! I also really like the road bumps and moderate air time effect you get from them on RSR, something that is missing from Test Track.

Both are great rides, but if I had to choose one to ride over and over, I would go with RSR any day of the week.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I don't find test track very thrilling... so i'd take slower and better themed any day.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• #bringevilback

Test track does get faster outside, however, the theming inside is lacking. I enjoyed them both, and if you could combine the speed of TT with the theming of RSR you'd have the best of both. The outdoor portion of TG is very short though, you basically build up to speed, then slow. It's thrilling, but short. The longer, albeit slower, outdoor portion of RSR, does have the hills and curves. If they could just add a little more speed...
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Test track does get faster outside, however, the theming inside is lacking. I enjoyed them both, and if you could combine the speed of TT with the theming of RSR you'd have the best of both.
    It's called Journey to the Center of the Earth. Immersive themeing to put RSR to shame and just as fast but more thrilling than TT.

On A serious note in regards to the thread in general, I think RSR and TT are excellent attractions. Just because they use a similar ride system doesn't mean discounting the unique ride experiences.

Am I right?
    Yeah, you are totally right. People wait 120 minutes for Racers and then scratch their heads thinking "We should have just gone on Golden Zephyr instead". Racers totally sucks as a ride, it's just really dumb. And all that rockwork? A waste of money. They should have built a second Frozen meet n' greet instead of Cars Land.

By the way, don't bother to ever leave Florida. Nothing else in the world is as good as Test Track.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Yeah, you are totally right. People wait 120 minutes for Racers and then scratch their heads thinking "We should have just gone on Golden Zephyr instead". Racers totally sucks as a ride, it's just really dumb. And all that rockwork? A waste of money. They should have built a second Frozen meet n' greet instead of Cars Land.

By the way, don't bother to ever leave Florida. Nothing else in the world is as good as Test Track.
    Very few people are underwhelmed with RSR, and even if they are it's hardly on par with the golden zephyr. And personally, I love the rock work, especially at night, and the entire town is so submersible, it's like walking into the movie...far better than an second frozen M&G.
    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast