Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Matt's August, 2014 Solo Trip Report.... dubbed "The Club Tour"

I left the Paradise Pier area about 15:48 and wandered around for a bit before heading over to DL. I had some Juju to get to finding. Hit the DL gate at 16:35 and proceeded to Adventureland. As my last nametag has lost its adhesive, I decided to get a new one and a new name to go with it. I was promptly dubbed... Mumbai Matt. Empowered with my new moniker, I quickly whipped out my map, grabbed my rubbing pencil, and headed for the unearthed stone on a crate over by the Indy queue. A rubbing later, I had translated the first clue... it lead me to Aladdin's Oasis where I spotted the second maker... A quick translation later had me at the Indiana Jones Adventure outpost sticking my hand into dark recesses... only to find... no Juju... had I got it wrong? Was there another clue? No, the Juju just hadn't been replenished (it was quickly taken care of). And I had it.. the Juju of knowledge.

Empowered by the new knowledge, I thought I would take a crack at the piranha Juju...a quick to trip to the dock, some tests, a joke or two over the speaker, and I had it!! I also remembered I had asked for a map of the Jungle Rivers every time and they were always out... this was my lucky day it would appear as I received that coveted piece of Disneyana as well. It was turning into a very fortuitous day. I tried for some Venomade and the snake Juju only to find it sold out for the day, so that would have to wait.

Being that it was now 17:15, I decided to go for the Parrot Juju... a Dolewhip, and a trip through the Tiki room had me stocked picture-wise to retrieve it. Imagine my dismay upon returning to claim it and being told they wanted NEW candidates to JOIN the Tiki room. I had misunderstood the clue... the Tiki Gods took pity on me and awarded me my Juju anyway. I headed up Tarzan's tree to try to find all the rocks for the Tree Juju to perform magic on, and only happened across the one at the base of the tree over by the river next to the Pirate's queue. The magic was weak apparently this late in the afternoon... I got some interesting sound and nothing else...Ah well... it was 18:05, and I had a serious hankerin' for some Haunted Mansion..

999 happy haunts... always room for one more...

• Grim Grinning

Beautiful pictures once again! So envious of your visit to 1901.

Nice trip report, and some great photos. I plan on doing my first ever solo visit a week from this Saturday, hope I have as good a time as you seemed to have had.

• Selfie Expert

Loving the photos!! It was probably a good thing they didn't have any 1901 branded souvenirs when I visited, as I would've bought a ton. I absolutely love that lounge!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Loving the photos!! It was probably a good thing they didn't have any 1901 branded souvenirs when I visited, as I would've bought a ton. I absolutely love that lounge!
    Just the little chocolate square so far and it is complimentary. I'm sort of surprised Disney is passing up another revenue opportunity. Just wait for the next to installments... it gets even better....

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Just the little chocolate square so far and it is complimentary. I'm sort of surprised Disney is passing up another revenue opportunity. Just wait for the next to installments... it gets even better....
    I finally threw away the chocolate squares I got from Club 33 when we moved houses. It was so stale, but I could never bring myself to eat it!

I did save the wrappers for my photo albums, though.

Anxiously awaiting your next installment!!!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    Btw, recently I noticed that in the DCA CoC they actually have a picture of Walt on the wall where he is holding a cigarette!!!
    I wonder if that is the same pic which hangs in the CCR waiting area. Is it where he's coming out of a premier of one of his shorts?

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I finally threw away the chocolate squares I got from Club 33 when we moved houses. It was so stale, but I could never bring myself to eat it!

I did save the wrappers for my photo albums, though.

Anxiously awaiting your next installment!!!
    I still have the chocolate AND the sugar stick that came with the espresso! I vacuum-wrapped them! LOVE the FoodSaver! Ha.

Can't wait for the next installment, Matt!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Great report and photos, very enjoyable to read about your experiences - thank you for sharing!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I still have the chocolate AND the sugar stick that came with the espresso! I vacuum-wrapped them! LOVE the FoodSaver! Ha.

Can't wait for the next installment, Matt!
    Our waiter actually saw me getting all giddy over one of the cocktail stirrers and put together a bag with stirrers, napkins, anything with the logo on it and gave it to me haha

• Disneyland Dreamer

20 minutes later I was off HM, and was THIRSTY. It had been a VERY hot day, and I realized I had NOT had enough fluids. I thought a Mint Julep would hit the spot, so I grabbed one, and settled down on a park bench in NOS adjacent to COA to wait for my host. At 18:45, my host arrived, and we entered C33. This was the first time since the renovation (well... only the second time ever) I had been in C33, but it was pretty different. Inside the door was a reception area with a double-desk for the hostess(s) and a display case of merchandise and beyond it was a new and intriguing court of angels. We entered, and proceeded up the stairs. I was told the elevator had not yet received its operating certificate from the state. The staircase was beautiful and I think the flowers/vines were a great addition. At the top of the stairs I was lost. It wasn't the area I had previously knew. It was expansive, had a chandelier, and everything was different than it was on my previous visit. My host informed the hostess what we were doing, and we were told to go ahead into the jazz club.

We settled down into a four-top adjacent to the best window in the house... more on that later. To start, we had some beverages. I started out with the Diamond Martini (vodka this time). It was delivered in an exquisite glass I'm still kicking myself for not purchasing a copy of. Garnished with truffle-stuffed olives and a diamond-shaped crystal-clear ice cube. It had a very sweet finish as the ice melted and opened up the vodka's intricacies. My host and I chatted for quite a while I took in the place. We ended up getting a set of starters. The crab salad, and I had the Angus sliders. The sliders were GREAT, and the crab salad looked superb. I'd probably get that next time given how great it looked. We were exceptionally served by both our wait staff and our hostess. My glass was never empty, and our hostess kept not only the charm up, but the humor. At one point, Fantasmic was happening and we opened up the windows at our table. It was literally the best seat in the house for F! It got a bit loud towards the end, so we closed the windows, but the view of the fireworks was also superb. I took an opportunity to walk around the lounge, snap a precious few pics, check out the bathrooms (no pics), and all of the changing portraits. My host met a few fellow members who were also great people (they will remain unnamed here, but I'll never forget meeting them).

Anybody who says C33 isn't a true CLUB is WRONG. It is the epitome of what club entails. It was soon time to get dessert, and I had the Petit Choux which were A Trio of Pastry Pillows filled with Crème Banana Caramel, Raspberry Rose and Coffee. Being that Tiramisu is my favorite dessert, the Coffee flavored one was my favorite. My host got the Warm Monkey Bread with Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream with Candied Pecan Praline Liqueur. After a little debate we discerned that the monkey bread was made from locally sourced monkeys. Originally we were under the impression that it was from imported monkeys, but thankfully we recognized that locally sourced ingredients (especially from the Jungle Cruise) were indeed the best. I can't compliment both my server and our hostess enough. Our server was ASTOUNDING. Our Hostess CHARMING, FUNNY, and ATTENTIVE. If I ever have the benefit and grace of seeing either of them again, it will be like we are old friends, I'm sure. We wiled away the night chatting between ourselves, our hostess, and the other members of the club.

At some point after 22:00, I was getting pretty tired. The sun and long day had taken a toll on me. My host and I left, with a quick stop by the merchandise display case. I picked up a few items... I vacillated on one or three others... and finally made my decision on what to purchase... more on that in the next installment as I regretted my choices...At 22:10 I left C33, and began the LONG walk back to my hotel... feeling on top of the world...

• Minion

Love the pics!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Ready for takeoff

I really enjoyed your pictures because some of them are from different perspectives. I also enjoy how crisp and clear they are. Well done!

You captured the very essence of The Haunted Mansion in your photos.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    You captured the very essence of The Haunted Mansion in your photos.
    Thanks... I'm not happy with a few of them. I made some sensor noise more apparent in post-processing (give and take between exposure and noise). I guess I was just shooting at the limits of my hardware for a few of those shots or I should have TRIED for a longer shutter (unlikely I could have held the camera still enough).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast