Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Re: Star Wars Marvel Plans for DLR

Honestly, what part of the "Toontown for Star Wars" speculation is due to actual indications of such plans, and how much is due to Toontown not being aimed towards this message boards demographics?

We don't even know that they're building additional rides, let alone an additional land.

• Minion

The only way I can see Marvel working in Hollywood land is if they do something similar to the 1943 Stark Expo, but even that is a stretch since Stark Expo is held in NY

I think that if any or all of this comes true, it is a good move on Disneys part. If you think about it putting a StarWars land into ToonTown and taking over BTR will draw people over there, it will reduce the crowds in other over populated areas such as Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, for example, assuming that StarWars land would be good. Really the only people that go to ToonTown are families with young kids and not many people go over to BTR. Putting in StarWars land would draw crowds, and even out the park flow. As far as Disney putting in a Marvel ride, I completely agree that it should go in DCA. If any of this came true I would be extremely happy to know that something new is coming even if it means that ToonTown would be gone.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nosepass View Post
    Honestly, what part of the "Toontown for Star Wars" speculation is due to actual indications of such plans, and how much is due to Toontown not being aimed towards this message boards demographics?

We don't even know that they're building additional rides, let alone an additional land.
    Star Wars replacing Mickey's ToonTown was first reported about a week and a half ago on WDWMagic. Seems odd that someone there would make something up that would please MiceChat.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy239 View Post
    If any of this came true I would be extremely happy to know that something new is coming even if it means that ToonTown would be gone.
    If ToonTown goes I would much rather they expand Fantasyland (think of the possibilities!), keep the Star Wars in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Star Wars replacing Mickey's ToonTown was first reported about a week and a half ago on WDWMagic. Seems odd that someone there would make something up that would please MiceChat.
    Is that a reputable source for this kind of thing, or were they citing a reputable source? (I'm not doubting you, I legitimately do not know.)

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nosepass View Post
    Is that a reputable source for this kind of thing, or were they citing a reputable source? (I'm not doubting you, I legitimately do not know.)
    A poster, WDW1974, with a years long reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    The only way I can see Marvel working in Hollywood land is if they do something similar to the 1943 Stark Expo, but even that is a stretch since Stark Expo is held in NY

It's the lesser known Stark Expo of 1944, which I hear was held in Los Angeles.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    A poster, WDW1974, with a years long reputation.
    The same one that said two months ago that Monstropolis was moving forward thanks to Mary Niven's moxie? That's still happening right?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    The same one that said two months ago that Monstropolis was moving forward thanks to Mary Niven's moxie? That's still happening right?
    We're talking about Disney where moving one day is not a guarantee for the next day. The same company that recent said PUSH would be staying days before announcing that PUSH would be leaving. That has announced two prior plans to redevelop Downtown Disney Orlando before instead going with the third. That had an entire attraction at Disney's California Adventure filled mostly with ideas considered and not followed. Although I don't recall him having the same admiration for Niven as the MiceAge Crew.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SSG View Post
    It's the lesser known Stark Expo of 1944, which I hear was held in Los Angeles.
    lol that could actually work. Maybe Howard Stark decided to showcase his new developments to LA for a while? LA was rather popular during that time. But they'd probably want to use Tony Stark which wouldnt really work

- The people who are ok with the re-themed Rock 'N Roller Coaster idea have never been on any version of the Rock 'N Roller Coaster. It is one of the worst attractions in the history of the Disney Corporation.

- I'll need to know more about what they plan for Star Wars Land. It could be ok out in Thunder Ranch if it focused more on the naturalistic worlds in the Star Wars Universe. Endor or Kashyyyk, for instance, are both tree and flora heavy and could fit the back woods feel of that area. If they go for stuff like Coruscant, that would be a problem.

- I don't however, understand the need to take over Toontown. You start at Thunder Ranch, extend northward and then....turn west. Duh. Why would you turn east and subtract out what is right now a well-built and popular parcel of Disneyland acreage?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    - The people who are ok with the re-themed Rock 'N Roller Coaster idea have never been on any version of the Rock 'N Roller Coaster. It is one of the worst attractions in the history of the Disney Corporation.
    that is a matter of opinion, my friend

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

Interesting thread. But hold the posts while I make more popcorn. :-)

• Seed and Mulch

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    It'd work as a Backlot Studio Tour-like "This is how we make Marvel movies" attraction. The external attraction themeing could be almost anything Hollywood-related (like the Chinese Theater) under those circumstances and still fit the land-theme.

• Seed and Mulch

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    The Rock N Roller Coaster is an example of the best of Disney and the worst of Disney packed into the same attraction. The ride itself is thrilling; the interior queue is well done, including the pre-show; and the Aerosmith music has broad appeal and is ride appropriate. On the other hand, the ride exterior themeing is one of the worst on Disney property (looks like a Costco); this includes the exterior line which is terrible; the cardboard cut outs that surround the ride track took zero effort/money/creativity; and the post-ride store is poorly themed. Overall, it gives the appearance that someone very talented, with appropriate funding, built the interior and ride vehicle/track ... then Disney exported the rest of the attraction to a Six-Flags team working on a barebones budget.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast