Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• 7/17/2005 I was there!

Re: Star Wars Land Layout

I would like to see some sort of Pirates-like boat ride. Endor has to have a river somewhere right? You could have movie screens off to the side showing speederbikes whizzing among the trees and animatronic stormtroopers fighting animatronic rebels up close to the boats . Perhaps utilizing fiber optics for the laser beams.

Another ride option could be an omnimover ride through parts of the Death Star showing Luke, Han and Leia's escape as depicted in Episode IV.

I just don't want any 3-D stuff. Leave that for Star Tours.
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

• formerly very helpful

I like this idea of traveling through Star Wars environments, and featuring animatronics and such. An omnimover attraction could be awesome to go through the Death Star, or lots of other environments, as well. I agree, enough with the 3-D.

Cool map. I see you kept the Mine Train rock and reuse it as rocks on Tatooine. The only problem is from Tatooine will you be able to see Frontierland's forest? I think the entrance should be Endor (their trees look like redwoods) and keep the Mine Train rocks in Frontierland. I think 1,2,3,6 ,7 and bottom of 5 area should be trees and a border between SWL and Frontierland. Endor would start after the Mine train rocks and be where Tatooine is on your map. Tatooine would go in half or 1/3 of the Future Expansion area and Kashyyyk (maybe a smaller area) where Endor is on the map. Also with Endor at the Tatooine location, the trees would block the sight of the train. Guests on the train would see the Endor forest (again they look like redwoods) as a continuation of the forest for RoA. I would add a Speedbike chase ride between Endor and Kashyyyk.
    Last edited by mondo; 08-21-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

I think your blueprint, including the expansion area, is bigger than the Subs,Autopia, Motor boats and Innoventions area. Also even more expansion space if those back stage buildings get removed.

Hey, if they're feeling REALLY adventurous they could tunnel under the IASW show building and come out right at Autopia giving plenty more expansion room if it and the subs went...plus a smooth transition from TL!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer28 View Post
    I'd love to see a ride that takes you through the tight confines of the Death Star
    You're in luck! Next time you're in the park, just head for Tomorrowland and stay to your right.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• I'm a fiddle player......

Quote Originally Posted by notlemc View Post
    I like the idea of having each Disney park featuring a different Star Wars planet (and themed attraction). That would be a great way to drive customers to each park around the world. However, knowing Disney's past reputation (and their love of recycled attractions) I think that many parks are going to get the same attraction and same themed planets.
    True but I think if they are trying to shoehorn these lands into existing areas of parks and expand when they build new parks, I really think they should do one planet per land. They could still clone the same ride and theme it to its planet like Indy at dlr and dinosaur at ak.

i want a millennium falcon ride that does a kessel run less than 12 parsec but that just me

Sweeeeeeeet

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by MrMouse88 View Post
    i want a millennium falcon ride that does a kessel run less than 12 parsec but that just me
    Could it outrun Imperial starships? Not the local bulk freighters. I'm talking about the big Corelian ships.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    Cool map. I see you kept the Mine Train rock and reuse it as rocks on Tatooine. The only problem is from Tatooine will you be able to see Frontierland's forest? I think the entrance should be Endor (their trees look like redwoods) and keep the Mine Train rocks in Frontierland. I think 1,2,3,6 ,7 and bottom of 5 area should be trees and a border between SWL and Frontierland. Endor would start after the Mine train rocks and be where Tatooine is on your map. Tatooine would go in half or 1/3 of the Future Expansion area and Hashyyyk (maybe a smaller area) where Endor is on the map. Also with Endor at the Tatooine location, the trees would block the sight of the train. Guests on the train would see the Endor forest (again they look like redwoods) as a continuation of the forest for RoA. I would add a Speedbike chase ride between Endor and Hashyyyk.
    FYI it's Kashyyyk, not Hashyyyk

Cool Re: Star Wars Land Layout

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Could it outrun Imperial starships? Not the local bulk freighters. I'm talking about the big Corelian ships.
    No way. For that you need photon engines, not ions. As I summarized to you primitive Earthlings back in '77:

Anti-Matter Projectors (AMP)
    Anti-matter projectors (AMP) are devices designed to emit harmonious streams of positrons and antiprotons through the bombardment of matter by proton beams energized at a level of several billion electron-volts. When the antimatter particles are accelerated via electromagnetic coils, they combine with and annihilate particles of matter in their path, producing zero mass and a great deal of radiation. [The process of annihilation releases energy many hundred times greater than that caused by a matter-fusion bomb of similar weight - for instance, your hydrogen bombs.]Small AMPs were therefore mounted on the noses of our explorer and courier ships to enable them to travel at translite outside of the regular translite channels. In effect the AMP created a continuous matter-antimatter neutralization in front of the ship, obliterating any objects with which it might collide. Due to the potential danger to life-forms which might lie in the path of AMP-equipped ships, however, use of the devices was kept to a necessary minimum.The large AMP mounted on the Death Stars operated on the same principle. The massive stream of antimatter particles emitted from the projector simply combined with and obliterated the matter composing the target planet or fleet of ships.
    Lasers
    Our large, triangular Class-13 Star Destroyers and the small twin-ion-engine (TIE) fighters are equipped with CO2 gas-dynamic lasers, as was Han Solo’s Millennium Falcon. Lasers are not used in space just because they are more exotic or more colorful. [Indeed, science-fiction films notwithstanding, one cannot see flashes of laser-light in space, as there is no reflective atmosphere for the beams to impact.] Lasers are used for two reasons: (1) Slower weapons are virtually useless against 101,000xlite starships, and (2) weapons with any recoil whatever are highly impractical in a zero-gravity environment.The targeting of lasers at or from starships moving at translite velocities is extremely difficult; hence they are used effectively only in battles where all opponents are moving at sublite velocity.
    Grasers
    CL-13s, Death Stars, and major planetary defense bases are equipped with larger, more expensive, and more cumbersome gamma-ray lasers (“grasers”). Grasers work on the same principle as lasers but synchronize gamma rays from atomic nucleii rather than X-rays from the outside electrons. A graser-beam is, in essence, a synchronized nuclear explosion. The range and destructive power of a graser is far greater than that of a laser, but the massive containing and mirroring apparatus precludes the use of grasers by individuals or indeed all but the largest of starships. Grasers are also useless for wounding or incapacitating combat; a graser hit is invariably totally destructive.
    Photon Engines
    These are the most powerful engines known to our physicists. As of this writing only two starships have been equipped with them - Lord Darth Vader’s starship and Han Solo’s Millennium Eagle. Both ships carry two PEX-4C photon engines, although the Eagle also carries five K-80 ion engines as well.The photon is a particle of zero mass caused by the combination of atoms of matter and antimatter and accompanied by an explosive power hundreds of times more powerful than that of hydrogen bomb fusion. Thus the engine is a propulsion application of the AMP-principle. Whereas our IE-powered ships have an effective cruising velocity of 101,000xlite, the two PEX-4C powered ships have a theoretical velocity of 2,000,000xlite. Such speeds are only possible via the use of bow-AMPs on both ships; otherwise even the extremely rarified interstellar plasma would be deadly.
    ______
    Rachane

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    FYI it's Kashyyyk, not Hashyyyk
    thanks, fixed it

It looks pretty good, I'd be fine with the upper portion of the plan (where Toontown is presently) but I'd say leave the bottom portion for an expansion/renovation of Frontierland.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

I'm all for building out the current parks and this looks great. A 3rd gate would be a logistical nightmare for guests. In WDW I got bummed out in tomorrowland realizing the ordeal I'd have to go through to ride Star Tours at the Studio Park and then return.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast