Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• the rum is always gone

Star Wars Land Layout

IF (big if) Star Wars Land does come to Disneyland and IF it is built in Frontierland/Toontown, what would you want to see in it? What experiences do you think would provide the best customer experience and would help Disney directly compete with Universal's Harry Potter franchise?

Below is a map in how I envision the land being built. Love it, hate it, what are your thoughts?
    Name:  SWL2.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  241.3 KB

Re: Star Wars Land Layout

I say give star wars and marvel there own park, I do like your ideas tho

I would make some kind of X-Wing vs. TIE fighter dog fight roller coaster. It would be a two track coaster where the two would occasionally interweave in a way that felt like one ship was lining up the other in its scope to fire. There could be some interactive controls in the ride vehicles to target and fire.

I'd love to see a ride that takes you through the tight confines of the Death Star

Love your layout and Ideas.

A quick and random question, what program do you use to get your maps looking like that? I sometimes do armchair imagineering and use paint because I am not familiar with other software. It looks awful.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

• formerly very helpful

I'd avoid roller coasters. Go for something a little less ordinary, and attractions that are more immersive. I would definately position an Endor near Frontierland, to help with sight lines and overflow from one land into another. I like the idea of Coruscant as an environment, but I'd want even more area to explore there. Perhaps by building both up and down into a basement. Rather than duplicate the Lars homestead, I'd simply make it look like Mos Eisley, since I find the cities more interesting than a lone house in the desert.

Good job on all of this. Hope to see more.

• the rum is always gone

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWhale View Post
    Love your layout and Ideas.

A quick and random question, what program do you use to get your maps looking like that? I sometimes do armchair imagineering and use paint because I am not familiar with other software. It looks awful.
    Thanks WhiteWhale. I actually use Microsoft Word. My armchair imagineering drawings are nowhere close to 100% perfect, but for me, Word gets them close enough.

• I'm a fiddle player......

I think the Star Wars universe is way too big to have little pieces of each planet contained in one land. They need to focus on one area and bring that to life. And again with the universe being so big once a land is built it should not be duplicated at another park.

Quote Originally Posted by notlemc View Post
    IF (big if) Star Wars Land does come to Disneyland and IF it is built in Frontierland/Toontown, what would you want to see in it? What experiences do you think would provide the best customer experience and would help Disney directly compete with Universal's Harry Potter franchise?

Below is a map in how I envision the land being built. Love it, hate it, what are your thoughts?
    Name:  SWL2.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  241.3 KB
    Pretty cool ideas! That must have taken some thought. If part of it is on tatooine, I'd rather have a Lars homestead meet and great than millennium falcon. (I know, I'm weird).

Edit: I didn't see you already have a Lars homestead. Scratch what I just said. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Co Foo View Post
    I would make some kind of X-Wing vs. TIE fighter dog fight roller coaster. It would be a two track coaster where the two would occasionally interweave in a way that felt like one ship was lining up the other in its scope to fire. There could be some interactive controls in the ride vehicles to target and fire.
    That sounds fun! But I'm not sure I'd be up for another coaster....but I guess if it was well done it wouldn't be too bad.

That dogfight coaster been rumored before. In fact, if you search, there's a schematic out there that shows what it would be like - Disney got a copyright awhile ago.

That would be a perfect use of that space - I love the setup. And taking the former Toontown location all indoors? Genius. I also love that the new land isn't a dead-end. That's always been Toontown's drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by notlemc View Post
    Thanks WhiteWhale. I actually use Microsoft Word. My armchair imagineering drawings are nowhere close to 100% perfect, but for me, Word gets them close enough.
    They look great. I'll give Word and Power Point a try. Thanks.
    "Fairy tales, then, are not responsible for producing in children fear, or any of the shapes of fear; fairy tales do not give the child the idea of the evil or the ugly; that is in the child already, because it is in the world already. Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey."
    -
    G.K. Chesterton

• the rum is always gone

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I'd avoid roller coasters. Go for something a little less ordinary, and attractions that are more immersive. I would definately position an Endor near Frontierland, to help with sight lines and overflow from one land into another. I like the idea of Coruscant as an environment, but I'd want even more area to explore there. Perhaps by building both up and down into a basement. Rather than duplicate the Lars homestead, I'd simply make it look like Mos Eisley, since I find the cities more interesting than a lone house in the desert.

Good job on all of this. Hope to see more.
    This is great input and kudos. I, personally like the idea of Courscant, because both the nice and gritty sides of it can be shown (similar to what was in the movie Episode II). I also think that there is a lot of potential for new customer shopping and engaging experiences in Courscant, such as bounty hunters walking around, dark corners and window displays with interactive elements, and the such.

I personally would love to visit the Lars Homestead (it's fully of history and is an integral part to the Skywalker family timeline). I'm still trying to wrap my head around what could take place in that building (I dont want to see it turn into another safety netted Donald's Boat or Goofy's House). However, the idea of an expanded Mos Eisley may have more customer experience value over the Homestead.

I do agree that roller coasters in Star Wars Land are a bad idea. If an E-ticket star wars attraction is to be built it needs to be large and immersive. I'd like to see something like a trackless ride system of a x-wing or tie fighter navigating through a inter galactic spacecraft battle. The ideal ride system for me would be a trackless ride with a motion simulated rotatable vehicle traveling through both projected and physical environments. It would require a lot of area and large scale props, but I think it would create an unique and great guest experience.

• the rum is always gone

Quote Originally Posted by napamaninsocal View Post
    I think the Star Wars universe is way too big to have little pieces of each planet contained in one land. They need to focus on one area and bring that to life. And again with the universe being so big once a land is built it should not be duplicated at another park.
    I like the idea of having each Disney park featuring a different Star Wars planet (and themed attraction). That would be a great way to drive customers to each park around the world. However, knowing Disney's past reputation (and their love of recycled attractions) I think that many parks are going to get the same attraction and same themed planets.

Lightbulb Re: Star Wars Land Layout

Star Wars is like Star Trek and Harry Potter: way too big to be part of an existing other-themed park like Disneyland. Once let in, they'd overwhelm it.

I'd ban everything Star Wars from Disneyland, including ejecting Star Tours, the Jedi Academy, and the SW gift shop. Then build a complete, dedicated SW park somewhere else. I'd even say raze DCA and rebuild SW in its place; who needs "California" when you're already in California? Rebuild DCA in some godforsaken dump like London, Paris, or Berlin.
    ______
    Rachane

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post
    I'd even say raze DCA and rebuild SW in its place; who needs "California" when you're already in California?
    Yeah! Screw the 1.1 BILLION that was just spent on DCA in the past 2 years. Let's bulldoze it all down and spend 1.1 BILLION more! Money is no object, yeah?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast