Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I am number 4 of 999

Re: It's official!! Roscoe's opening up tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    The thought (and pics) of chicken and waffles together on the same plate literally make me gag.
    How does the thought of them on separate plates make you feel? Because you CAN get JUST chicken, or JUST waffles! Personally, I'm going for the omelet!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    Probably will never go. The thought (and pics) of chicken and waffles together on the same plate literally make me gag. But for those of you who like it...go enjoy.
    You think that's gross? They just opened up one of those trendy waffle sandwich restaurants near my house. Some weird name - I can't remember it. They took the space of a Mexican restaurant that I loved which is bad enough. Anyway they make a waffle sandwich filled with Mahi Mahi! Ewww!!! The thought of that makes me sick! So as bad as you think chicken and waffles is, it could be a lot worse.

It's not the Chicken and waffles that I find unappealing. I have had it before. I was just saying that the picture from the article left something to be desired. I don't know if it was the lighting or the plating of the food that turned me off. If that it is how it is served, I just think there must be a way to make it look more appealing. Maybe a different color plate or some sort of visual stimulation. They say we eat with our eyes as well as our mouth.

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

I love Roscoe's and I ate at different locations a few times when I lived in LA. It probably won't be a regular stop for me when I visit DL though. The fried chicken at the Plaza Inn is good enough. I don't think I'd take the time to leave the park for it. This is great news for Anaheimers though.

What do you call people who live in Anaheim anyway?

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    This place took forever to finish. It's nice to have one so close now! Before the closest one was in Long Beach. Good times!
    My hood, about 5 minute bike ride for me. We used to hit it every other week when I worked in downtown LB.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    You think that's gross? They just opened up one of those trendy waffle sandwich restaurants near my house. Some weird name - I can't remember it. They took the space of a Mexican restaurant that I loved which is bad enough. Anyway they make a waffle sandwich filled with Mahi Mahi! Ewww!!! The thought of that makes me sick! So as bad as you think chicken and waffles is, it could be a lot worse.
    Bruxie? You're missing out, it's awesome.

Ugh, I looooove Bruxie! The goat cheese and arugula waffle sandwich, along with the creme brulee waffles are my favorites.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Co Foo View Post
    What do you call people who live in Anaheim anyway?
    Gangsters

(runs and hides)

• Minion

Gangsters

(runs and hides)
    A lot of very nice people in Anaheim. Some very nice vintage neighborhoods. Old families. An interesting history.
    Certainly different from the town it used to be, but alas, not everyone can afford to live in the land of Newport.
    They can still be pretty nice people anyway.

As pointed out, the place is called Bruxie. But stay with me: their waffles are not all sweet. They do have those, but they're filled with bananas and sweet creme, or creme brulee, etc. But it's their savory waffles that are really worth it, and that is what they use for, say, a turkey club, mushroom and goat cheese, pastrami, FISH, as you mentioned, etc. It's like getting a sandwich with very flavorful, savory, craft bread. It's not weird, because it is more of a Brussels-style waffle. It's not all the sweet waffles you're probably thinking about. It's more just a flavorful bread.

Do this--go there someday and get their "Irish Nachos." It's waffle fries with cheese sauce, bacon, sour cream and chives. If you like those, you will like any sandwich on the menu where the ingredients appeal to you.

Put it this way: my family and friends get together every Friday for dinner. Someone takes point for the main dish, everyone else provides sides or drinks or something. Inspired by Bruxie, my girlfriend and I have both hunted down a savory waffle recipe and provided two different waffle sandwiches for a main dish, and provided Irish Nachos as a side dish.

Keep an open mind; you won't be disappointed.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    A lot of very nice people in Anaheim. Some very nice vintage neighborhoods. Old families. An interesting history.
    Certainly different from the town it used to be, but alas, not everyone can afford to live in the land of Newport.
    They can still be pretty nice people anyway.
    Yah you're right -- I kid, I kid! I've lived in OC all my life so I know Anaheim very well. I now live in the "Beverly Hills of OC" so I have a reputation to keep up! But I know lots of people from Anaheim -- all good people for sure.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    As pointed out, the place is called Bruxie. But stay with me: their waffles are not all sweet. They do have those, but they're filled with bananas and sweet creme, or creme brulee, etc. But it's their savory waffles that are really worth it, and that is what they use for, say, a turkey club, mushroom and goat cheese, pastrami, FISH, as you mentioned, etc. It's like getting a sandwich with very flavorful, savory, craft bread. It's not weird, because it is more of a Brussels-style waffle. It's not all the sweet waffles you're probably thinking about. It's more just a flavorful bread.

Do this--go there someday and get their "Irish Nachos." It's waffle fries with cheese sauce, bacon, sour cream and chives. If you like those, you will like any sandwich on the menu where the ingredients appeal to you.

Put it this way: my family and friends get together every Friday for dinner. Someone takes point for the main dish, everyone else provides sides or drinks or something. Inspired by Bruxie, my girlfriend and I have both hunted down a savory waffle recipe and provided two different waffle sandwiches for a main dish, and provided Irish Nachos as a side dish.

Keep an open mind; you won't be disappointed.
    Irish nachos sound good. I guess I should give them a try. One would think us Newport snobs are quite expert foodies. I mean we do have access to some great restaurants like Flemings and Mastros. But then there's also Red O and Fig & Olive (read some of their abysmal Yelp reviews - 3.5 stars now, they were 2 stars when they first opened!)

Gangsters

(runs and hides)
    The ones who go to the park with biker vests, right?

(runs and hides with DisneyIPresume)

kidding as well

Anywhoo...Bruxie is decent. They have Chicken and Waffle sandwich that's pretty good.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

• Greetings, Program!

Been curious about this place forever. Looking forward to the reviews.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    How does the thought of them on separate plates make you feel? Because you CAN get JUST chicken, or JUST waffles! Personally, I'm going for the omelet!
    If I could get them separately then I might just give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast