Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 142
  1. #91

    • Dive ..... Dive.....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,815

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    While such a claim sounds nice. It just ain't so. If it were we wouldn't have so many extinctions throughout history, both before and after man came to be. I would argue the only purpose you could find for dinosaurs was to to provide fossils for museums and fodder for time travel movies... nature sure didn't seem to have much love for them, which is good or we'd be dodging t-rex when we drove to the market.
    I don't understand your point, our species doesn't have much purpose either if you want to be honest. The fact is, if you want an inhabitable planet that has any life left on it for future generations, we must respect all forms, not just ones we find convenient.

    While it may not be visible to the human the eye, affecting a lower species can devastate others that we do find appealing. Instead of taking earth for granted, we should be looking at it as something sacred and irreplaceable.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 08-30-2014 at 11:52 AM.

  2. #92

    • See Ya Real Soon!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    605

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    All rumors are just that until confirmed otherwise. But Disney has put out that a closed attraction would return and then quietly close it for good (Rocket Rods).

  3. #93

    • I'm not really here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Too Far From Disneyland
    Posts
    11,244

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    All rumors are just that until confirmed otherwise. But Disney has put out that a closed attraction would return and then quietly close it for good (Rocket Rods).
    Yeah, but was that the CEO himself resonding to a question at a shareholders meeting that was publicly webcast to the entire world? I think the situation is slightly different, and Bob Iger, being the savvy man he is, knows that. He knows you can't just make a statement and not back it up any more. With the speed at which information moves and its permanence online, yeah... he wouldn't have said that as clearly, forcefully and with a discussion about how it is a fan favorite and has a place in the parks, unless he absolutely meant it.

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

  4. #94

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    490

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    I think it's funny some people are knocking Disney for refilling the lagoon and re-opening Nemo because of the drought. Is it really because of that, or is it easier to say that when the Nemo Subs are unpopular w/ many long time fans because they miss the old subs? I don't see people knocking the Rivers of America, Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, It's a Small World, Jungle Cruise, Paradise Pier an World of Color as wastes of water during a drought.
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

  5. #95

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    244

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    The day when Iger said the subs were not going anywhere, was the day I lost all trust in Miceage/Micechat rumors on big projects or future projects.
    I don't understand this attitude at all. Miceage/Micechat has always been very clear that they are reporting initial rumors/ early concept proposals/ prospective business plans. They have never, NEVER - not even in the days of Al Lutz - said this is a news site with traditional journalistic values. This is not the frickin' LA Times.

    I appreciate Micechat's reporting of rumors and hearsay, and I enjoy discussing them. If we are not going to talk about rumors, what are we supposed to be discussing on here? There's nothing else to talk about.

  6. #96

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    790

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    I don't understand this attitude at all. Miceage/Micechat has always been very clear that they are reporting initial rumors/ early concept proposals/ prospective business plans. They have never, NEVER - not even in the days of Al Lutz - said this is a news site with traditional journalistic values. This is not the frickin' LA Times.
    This argument has been made time and time again. The problem people have is that in fact no, Miceage does NOT make it clear that they're reporting rumors. They are presented as fact. Check the articles. The words/phrase "will happen" or its variables are mentioned several times within each article. They're not presented as rumors; rather, they're presented as "insider information/know-how."

    I appreciate Micechat's reporting of rumors and hearsay, and I enjoy discussing them. If we are not going to talk about rumors, what are we supposed to be discussing on here? There's nothing else to talk about.
    We can discuss what actually HAS happened. In fact, this are (currently) only two threads on the front page of the forums that is listed as a rumor. The rest is trip reports, reviews, commentary, etc. There is plenty to talk about.

  7. #97

    • Dive ..... Dive.....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,815

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    Quote Originally Posted by denyuntilcaught View Post
    This argument has been made time and time again. The problem people have is that in fact no, Miceage does NOT make it clear that they're reporting rumors. They are presented as fact. Check the articles. The words/phrase "will happen" or its variables are mentioned several times within each article. They're not presented as rumors; rather, they're presented as "insider information/know-how."



    We can discuss what actually HAS happened. In fact, this are (currently) only two threads on the front page of the forums that is listed as a rumor. The rest is trip reports, reviews, commentary, etc. There is plenty to talk about.
    If people aren't intelligent enough to know when something is clearly a rumor, they shouldn't be reading in the first place.

  8. #98

    • I'm not really here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Too Far From Disneyland
    Posts
    11,244

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    If people aren't intelligent enough to know when something is clearly a rumor, they shouldn't be reading in the first place.
    Ad hominem much?

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

  9. #99

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    744

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    Since I was the one that started the talk about the site's rumor articles, I'm going to end it by re typing what I thought would have avoid the off topic discussion.

    Any new videos of the lagoon?

  10. #100

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,351
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The problem lies in the way projects happen at Disney. Tons of ideas are proposed and very very few of them every get selected to move beyond just the proposal stage. Then they get further fleshed out, developed, altered, etc before they get proposed again. Of those that make it this far, even fewer get through to actually getting greenlit. At that point, things really get intense as every aspect is looked at again and really fleshed out. Changes can and do occur right up until opening of an attraction. But being greenlit isn't even a guarantee of something being built. Things can and do change at all stages of the process.

    Rumor reporting never states at what point in the process things are, just the proposal itself. So is it just an idea that was proposed, is it a serious proposal, is it being considered to be greenlit, has it been greenlit... we just don't know. So a MASSIVE grain of salt must be taken with every rumor.
    Most rumors from legitimate sources come with information on the decision making process.

  11. #101

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    209

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    Disney Geek has some pictures of the filled lagoon posted on their website, but no videos.

  12. #102

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    209

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!


  13. #103

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Live Oak, CA
    Posts
    6

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    7 pages to get one photo of water.
    Last edited by robbiejoe1970; 08-30-2014 at 08:38 PM.

  14. #104

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    744

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Photographic evidence from Monday. Magic Eye Disneyland Resort Pictorial Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiejoe1970 View Post
    7 pages to get one photo of water.
    No, the link to the site with several pics was posted on page 4

  15. #105

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    621

    Re: The sub lagoon is being filled up!

    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The problem lies in the way projects happen at Disney. Tons of ideas are proposed and very very few of them every get selected to move beyond just the proposal stage. Then they get further fleshed out, developed, altered, etc before they get proposed again. Of those that make it this far, even fewer get through to actually getting greenlit. At that point, things really get intense as every aspect is looked at again and really fleshed out. Changes can and do occur right up until opening of an attraction. But being greenlit isn't even a guarantee of something being built. Things can and do change at all stages of the process.

    Rumor reporting never states at what point in the process things are, just the proposal itself. So is it just an idea that was proposed, is it a serious proposal, is it being considered to be greenlit, has it been greenlit... we just don't know. So a MASSIVE grain of salt must be taken with every rumor.
    Just as an example, I was listening recently to the Season Pass Essential Theme Park three part podcast with Tony Baxter. If I recall correctly, Big Thunder Mountain, or something very similar, was proposed as part of Discovery Bay, the Jules Verne-inspired, major expansion to Frontierland. That project seemed to get pretty far into the planning stages before Disneyland decided to focus instead on Space Mountain. The project later became just BTMRR and plans for DB were shelved.

    I feel like if Mice Age today reported on Discovery Bay and all that happened was BTMRR, many would think that Mice Age just made it up.

    What I am getting at is that I believe and agree with you. The situation is always fluid. I mean, there is no way that Mice Age did NOT know that Finding Dory is coming and did not address that with their sources. So they had to be confident enough in what they wrote, despite knowing what we all know--a sequel to Nemo is coming.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone seen the Sub Lagoon lately?
    By FantasyWatersDude in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 12:18 AM
  2. Whats with the Sub Lagoon?
    By BackIntoYourSystem in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 05:49 PM
  3. Yellow Debris in the Sub LagooN
    By mp3piratesavvy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 07:32 PM
  4. How would YOU re-do the Sub Lagoon?
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 11:57 AM
  5. It seems like nemo is going to be in the sub lagoon
    By Disneyfanatic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 07:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •