Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: What rides do you NEVER go on and why?

Matterhorn - being a tall person, the new bobsleds are very uncomfortable and hard on my back. As much as I love the ride... my days riding it are over unless changes are made.

Autopia - Although I can see why kids love it, being an adult it's pretty pointless. I think they could put in something really awesome in that space.

Gadget's coaster - a two hour wait for a two second ride... enough said...

I forgot to mention Golden Zephyr and I don't ride it because it's just another one of those rides that you see at the fair.

• Loving all things Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I'm confused by the above post, because DCA officially opened in 2001, but the Tower of Terror attraction didn't open until 2004.
    I was thinking the same thing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Autopia - not magical.

Teacups - not special, too carnival.

Gadgets - Too short and seldom in TT

Dumbo - too carnival

Carousel - too common

DCA - DL is waaay better
    Greenalfonzo-- I couldn't agree more with you regarding DL being WAY better than DCA!!!

• Minion

Tower of Terror is the big one. I've never even been on the DCA version because I've done the WDW one twice and that was twice too many. I HATE the feeling of freefall. I've never been on Golden Zephyr simply because it doesn't interest me. Silly Symphony Swings might make me sick if I rode it but I've never been interested enough in the ride to take the chance.

Rides that I've been on before but usually don't bother with....Autopia, Gadget's, Nemo Subs, Jumpin Jellyfish, Goofy's Sky Skool, GRR. Might have to put Peter Pan on the list unfortunately because while I do like it, I hardly ever want to wait in that line so it often gets skipped.

1. Tea cups - I will get dizzy.

2. Toon Town - Nothing there is worth my time. My kids run through real quick and we are done.

3. Tower of Terror - I finally got the nerve up to do it with my family in April - I'm scared of heights and said I would never go on it. Needless to say the picture of us was hilarious and myself and my two youngest boys won't be going on it again. I didn't know that it was going to drop 3 times - I thought only once - then I was told it changes each time - there is no way I can handle not knowing what to expect.

4. The subs - I will only do that if I can walk on it. My husband can't stand that ride and we couldn't pay him to go on it.

5. Autopia - I finally caved and did it with my boys in January - it had been about 5 years since I had been on it last. Complete waste of my time and not worth the wait. I don't get why it's always busy.

6. Ferris wheel - Somebody couldn't pay me to go on that - I'm scared of heights. Plus every time my husband and kids do it takes so long.

• Selfie Expert

The only ride that I flat out refuse to ever ride again is the swinging gondola of Mickey's Wheel of Death.

Never again.

EVER

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Nic

Astro Orbiters. Too short and too long of a wait.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Won't try:

Silly Symphony Swings
    Golden Zephyr
    Swinging gondolas
    TOT
    Roger Rabbit

Have tried but never ride now:
    Space Mountain
    Screamin
    IJA
    Dumbo
    Teacups
    Astro Orbiter
    Star Tours

The only ride I deliberately never ride is Star Tours. I am very easily motion sick and that ride will always make me queasy and leave me with a pounding headache. My friends know this and respect it. I'll stand in line with them but I'll go straight through the theater and meet them in Star Trader. I had this same problem on Back to the Future at Universal years ago.

Other rides will shake me up a little, like Screamin', but not enough to warrant a veto. I worked on Indy years ago and know every turn that ride makes, so I can always counter the movement for comfort.

Teacups is a very close second to Star Tours for the same motion reason, but if I'm just chillin' and not spinning the cup, I'll survive the 60 seconds.

Otherwise, I'll go on everything at least once, and some rides just because it's been a while. When I was there in July I went on Pooh just because it was a walk-on. It's not a favorite because the honey pot has a rolling movement that makes it uncomfortable for me to sit through.

I love to do everything at disneyland, But I do not ever remember having any memory of me doing the Canoes or going to Pirate Island.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    We have never been on the Casey Jr. Train... Maybe this October trip will change that.
    I love that ride! It's so adorable and relaxing

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    The only ride that I flat out refuse to ever ride again is the swinging gondola of Mickey's Wheel of Death.

Never again.

EVER
    OMG! That is the worst! I've never been so scared in my life...seriously.

• Minion

NEVER?
    Grizzly River Run.
    Just get toooo wet - don't like walking around soaked to the skin, no matter what the weather is. Only rode it once. It was fun, but not worth the after effects. I considered bringing an entire change of clothes for after the ride, but since I'm a local I don't plan on staying at the Grand Californian and popping over for a quick change, so it's otherwise not worth the hassle.
    I still often ride Splash Mountain (and sit in the back), because it's not a guaranteed soaking and I love the ride overall (great combination of thrill ride and traditional Disney ... Zip a dee doo dah ...).

NEVER AGAIN
    Indiana Jones. Tried it again recently after not riding it for a while, but the jolting jerking back and forth motion made my back hurt and distracted me from the neat visuals of the ride. Back hurt for the rest of the night.

There are others I don't often ride due to various reasons (like the bumpy cramped new Matterhorn), but I'm not sure I've completely sworn them off yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    OMG! That is the worst! I've never been so scared in my life...seriously.
    I forgot to include any DCA rides in my last post. Yup, I will never go on that carnival ferris wheels because I hate ferris wheels. I sure won't go on the swinging gondola, either!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast